Facts of the Persecution

Dalian Forced Labor Camp policewoman Yang Shengsheng beat up Falun Dafa practitioners. She pinched their arms, kicked the lower parts of their bodies, dragged them by their hair and then knocked their heads against the walls, and sent them to individual cells to be tortured. Wan Yalin, the assistant team leader of the women's team, encouraged criminals to abuse steadfast practitioners. The criminals used various methods, including making practitioners squat for a long time, splitting them apart, poking their private parts with a brush, handcuffing their hands behind their backs while making them stand for several days and depriving them of sleep, opening up doors and windows in the wintertime to expose practitioners to the freezing cold, and hitting their legs with a stick.

The No. 1 Division of Fushun City's Public Security Bureau (its criminal police team) uses cruel punishments against Falun Dafa practitioners. Methods including "split up legs" and "hung up with hands cuffed behind the back" have caused many practitioners to become severely injured and disabled. They have been tortured to the point of being incapable of walking, causing unbearable pain and suffering. "Hanging up with hands cuffed behind the back" is hanging up practitioners by their arms, which have been cuffed behind their backs, causing tremendous pain and even permanent injury to both arms. Policemen handcuffed practitioners to metal chairs, deprived them of sleep for the entire night, and then tried to force them to give up Falun Gong. In addition, police from Zhanqian Police Station hammered bamboo sticks into practitioner Miao Shuqing's fingernails.

Zhao Yonghua, a farmer from Suzigou Town in Xiuyan County, Anshan City, Liaoning Province, was illegally detained and cruelly tortured many times because he insisted on being a good person and following "Truth, Compassion, Forbearance." In 2001, Zhao was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor. Within one year after he was released in November 2003, the police arrested him again. It is believed that he has been illegally sentenced to three years in Anshan Forced Labor Camp.

On August 22, 2004, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Guo Zhi of Nongan County in Jilin Province was riding a bicycle when a white minivan purposely knocked him down. Five police officers jumped out of the vehicle. They held him down on the ground and kicked and punched him. Then they covered his head with a hood, tied it tightly around his neck, and forcefully carried him into the minivan. At about 7 pm, practitioner Mr. Zhou Yongpin was kidnapped on the street in the same way. Both of them are now being illegally detained at Nongan Forced Labor Camp. The police also ransacked a truth clarification material-printing center. Zhou Yongping went on a hunger strike to protest his arrest and suffered brutal forced feeding. He wasn't released until he became really sick.

Tumuji Forced Labor Camp at Laite Qi, Xing'an Meng in Inner Mongolia has escalated their persecution of Falun Dafa practitioners. On August 6, 2004, when practitioners resisted persecution, the police beat them up. As a result, some of them were injured and sent to isolated cells. On August 10, Mr. Sun Hongguo, Zhang Yanfeng, Liu Yonglin went on a hunger strike to resist the persecution and were subjected to forced feeding.

On the night of August 27, practitioners Yang Chunlan and Liao Yuanmei of Hecheng District in Huaihua City, Hunan Province, were abducted when they were clarifying the truth about Falun Gong on Hongxing Road in Huaihua City. Their place of detention is unknown.

Since August, four practitioners have been kidnapped in Zhucheng City, Shandong Province. When practitioner Song Mingzhi was handing out flyers, police kidnapped and detained him in Zhucheng City Detention Center for 11 days and fined him 5,000 yuan. Ms. Sun Qimei was abducted and illegally detained in Zhucheng City Forced Labor Camp for 13 days. The police forced her family to pay 5,000 yuan in cash. Ms. Wang Wenqin continues to be illegally detained. On September 2, her family was told to pay 5,000 yuan in cash; otherwise, she would be detained at the forced labor camp for three years. On September 3, Ms. Liu Shuhua's home was ransacked, and she was taken to the Jianguo Management Committee Brainwashing Session.

Yu Zhenghong, a 42-year-old female and a resident of Siqian Village in Songcun Township, Wendeng City, Shandong Province, tells her own story:

"After I started practicing Falun Gong, my uterine cancer, breast cancer, and migraine headaches were all healed. On July 20, 2000, when I went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop persecuting Falun Gong, I was illegally detained. After that, I was detained and tortured many times. As a result, my body has become extremely weak and uncomfortable. On October 14, 2003, the police abducted me to Wendeng Forced Labor Camp for detention. I went on a hunger strike to resist but was sent to the hospital for force-feeding. Excessive torture caused me to vomit blood for three days. On the eighth day, unconcerned whether I would survive or not, the police transferred me to Jinan Forced Labor Camp and then to Zibo Forced Labor Camp. These labor camps would not admit me after they conducted a medical exam, so the police had to release me and let me go home. But they often come to my home to harass me."

Ms. Zhang Meimei is a nearly 60-year-old teacher at a high school in Chongqing City. In September 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal to the government to stop persecuting Falun Gong. In November 1999, she was detained at Jianbei District Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City for one month. In March 2000, she opened up a banner at Tiananmen Square. This led to her detention at Shimen Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City, where she got out with her righteous thoughts. She was then sent to Maojiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp at Chongqing City for one year, but her term was extended for an additional six months. At the end of 2001, she went back to her home in Chongdu City. Since April 2003, no one has known her whereabouts. Zhang's husband said that she has already been missing for over a year.

Dafa practitioners Ms. Xiao Yixiu and Xiao Yizhen are sisters. They live at Wanfeng'er Village in Wulidian in the Jiangbei District of Chongqing City. In early March 2004, they were reported while clarifying the truth to local people. As a result, they were kidnapped by police and detained at Wusheng County Forced Labor Camp in Guang'an City.

Dafa practitioners Mo Chengbi, 52 years old, Shun Qinghua, 78 years old, and Xu Dishu, 55 years old, from Chuanxing Village in Hengshan Town, Suining City, Sichuan Province, were kidnapped on May 15, 2003, while they were handing out truth-clarification materials in Baoshan Village. They were first detained in Anjv Forced Labor Camp. Later they were transferred to Lingquansi Forced Labor Camp for 39 days, and Wujiawan Forced Labor Camp for 15 days. Each of them was blackmailed. On November 25, 2003, policemen from Anjv Police Station forcefully arrested Mo and abducted her to Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong City, Sichuan Province, for one year.