(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Chunhua was born on April 14, 1964. She is a photographer, and was employed by Jianhua District Cultural Bureau of Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province. She was named "Excellent Art Teacher" at the City, Provincial, and State levels, and her photographs won many prizes. Her writing has also been published in Prose Monthly. She suffered chronic illnesses, which disappeared once she began practicing Falun Dafa, after which she became very energetic.

After the persecution of Falun Dafa began in 1999, she held firm in her faith, and clarified the truth to those deceived by lies and propaganda. She was subjected to persecution by authorities from various government departments who violated her rights and, forced her to divorce her husband then sentenced her to a forced labor camp. In Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp, she was tortured by being locked up in a small cell (1), being cuffed and suspended from the cuffs (2), prolonged squatting (3), sleep deprivation, brutal beatings and cursing. She was forced to work on a toxic agricultural chemical production line without any safety equipment, tortured for 22 months, and had no choice but to leave home to avoid being arrested.

The following is a translation of Li Chunhua's statement compiled to support her lawsuit against those responsible for persecuting her:

Plaintiff: Li Chunhua, female, born on April 14, 1964, Han nationality, is a photographer, formerly employed by Jianhua District Cultural Bureau of Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province. She is destitute and homeless in order to avoid being illegally arrested at home.

Defendant: Qiqihar City Police Department, Zhonghua Street Police Station, Wenhua Road Police Station, Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp, Qiqihar City No.1 Detention Center; Qiqihar City Political and Judiciary Committee (the "610 Office"), Jianhua District Political and Judiciary Committee ("610 Office"); The Qiqihar City Judicial Bureau; Jianhua District Cultural Bureau of Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province, Qiqihar City Siyou Chemicals Factory; Qiqihar City Daily, Qiqihar City TV Station, and Qiqihar City Radio Station.

Appeal: 1. Bring all individuals and parties who participated in persecution of the plaintiff to justice; restore the reputation of Falun Dafa's founder and Falun Dafa; grant the right to legally publish Falun Dafa books; provide legal and fair cultivation environment [referring to rescind the ban and permit the public practice of Falun Dafa exercises and right to purchase the book of the main teachings of Falun Dafa]; and unconditionally release all detained Falun Dafa practitioners. 2. Restore the reputation of the plaintiff: All individuals and parties who participated in persecution of the plaintiff must openly apologize in Qiqihar City Daily, on Qiqihar City TV Station, or on Qiqihar City Radio Station. 3. According to Compensation Law, article 26, and 27, all financial and mental loss the plaintiff suffered must be compensated; including all salary withheld from the past five years. 4. Legal protection of plaintiff's rights, so that the plaintiff can work normally and practice openly in the environment without harassment.

Factual Evidence:

Falun Dafa Purified My Mind and Body

I am a photographer, formerly employed by Jianhua District Cultural Bureau of Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province. I was named as Excellent Art Teacher at City, Provincial, and State Levels. My photographs won many prizes, and my literature writings were also published in Prose Monthly. Before cultivating Falun Dafa, I had very low blood pressure, as well as cervical spondylosis on my neck and spine, I needed glucose injections in the summer to sustain my life, I suffered terrible pain, vomiting and dizziness, and could not work or study. After only about one month after I began practicing Falun Dafa, my sicknesses all disappeared, and I felt very energetic.

I know very well the miraculous effect of Falun Dafa on healing sickness and keeping fit. I also found that Falun Dafa can improve practitioners self discipline, enhance their compassion towards others, and guide people to be better by upgrading their virtue, thereby benefiting the public. In our modern society, which emphasizes money and increasingly disregards virtue, cultivators of Falun Dafa have created a pure environment that cleanses their surroundings. I treasure such an environment, and wish to wash off the dust in my heart, and become more pure.

Learning to Become a Better Person, My Career Met With Greater Success

I always cleaned my apartment building hallways when I came back from practicing Falun Gong (address, Door 1, Building No.3, Yuying Residential Area). I worked harder after my health improved. My student Yu Haoyu's art work won the International Art prize in an exhibit in 1999, and I won the State Level Excellent Art Teacher Award. I also won the 1999 Excellent Cultural Educator Award issued by City Culture Bureau, City Education Committee, and City Folk Art Museum. My writings were published on Provincial and City level publications, my article of Walk in the Music was selected in Youth Writers Anthology (but rescinded after the persecution against Falun Dafa began).

Arrested For Exercising My Constitutional Right to Appeal

On July 22, 1999, I went to the City Government Building, where I tried to clarify the truth to the government. Two big buses suddenly appeared, and out jumped dozens of armed police dressed in camouflage, steel helmets, and carrying machine guns. We were sent to a suburban school, where we peacefully clarified the truth to these soldiers. Around midnight, we were sent to Jianhua District Police Department, and police sent me home the next morning. Ever since then, our home phone was bugged, and our retired neighbor Ms. Ding Wenli (who lives in Room 403) and the women who work in the store downstairs, in collusion with Zhonghua Street Police Station, kept a close watch on me and followed me everywhere. My friends and family were so worried about me. They recounted the destroyed lives of those persecuted in past political movements, and tried to persuade me to give up cultivation. My parents and teachers always taught me to speak the truth since my childhood. Why is it so difficult to speak the truth? The media had penetrated the air and land with lies, administrators from the district and bureau pressured me to write a "Guarantee Statement." Deceived by the lies, my mother-in-law, who had lived with me for over ten years, called every day, worried that I would knife my husband and our daughter. I was labeled as being "abnormal' by society and my family, causing huge mental pressure and isolation.

On October 9, 1999, when the local government could not resolve our mistreatments, two fellow practitioners and I went to Beijing to appeal, exercising our legal rights as citizens of China. I wrote an appeal statement in the motel in Beijing -- "Please Listen to Our Voice," explaining what Falun Dafa is. We went to the State Council Appeals Office, with several plainclothes police following us. The doormen found out we were Falun Dafa practitioners, confiscated our personal IDs, and a few hours later, officer Yang Jian, Liu Jin and a driver from No. 10 Section of Qiqihar City Police Department picked us up and sent us to the Qiqihar City Liaison Office in Beijing. .

Tortured in Qiqihar City No.1 Detention Center

We were taken back to the Qiqihar City on October 14, 1999. The police in Zhonghua Street Police Station locked me in the city's No.1 Detention Center. Many Falun Dafa practitioners were sent and locked here day and night. Some of them were foreign citizens; some of them were intercepted on their way to appeal in Beijing; some of them were sent here because they refused to curse Master Li on the street; some of them were even dragged from their homes without any reason. The cells were so crowded that we did not have enough room to even sleep on our sides. One day we were peacefully practicing the Falun Dafa exercises, and the cell head reported to his boss, so he stormed in (surname Yang), cursing. He rushed to our bed boards, pushed us out of the cells, and forced us to sit on the cold cement floor in the hall, with our hands cuffed behind the back, wearing ankle shackles. We were tortured like this for over ten days. We could not take care of our daily necessities, and the pain made it difficult to breathe. We could not sleep in any position, because the handcuffs on the back were excruciatingly painful. The worst thing was hearing a guard's dirty language, shouting every day to the men in the cell next-door. It was unbearably despicable and dirty.

My Family Members Were Manipulated Under Pressure - I was Forced to Divorce My Husband and Sentenced to Forced Labor

Since immediate release would be granted by merely promising to give up practicing Falun Dafa, our family members tried with all their might to get us back home. We could hear the families of some practitioners' screaming and crying in the visitation room, or some loud voices and other sounds when there were arguments going on. My father, over 70 years old, my sisters, and my daughter came to visit, all persuading me to get released by declaring to give up the practice. My daughter cried when she touched my wrist, swollen from the cuffs, and begged me, "Mom, please come back home, I miss you so much!"

My younger sister and my daughter both kneeled in front of me, begging me with tears. My heart was splitting, and I tried so hard not to cry out loud. My father slapped my face. My shocked daughter stood between my father and me, guarding me with her little hands, "Grandpa, please don't beat my Mom!"

I walked out of the visitation room determined. There was nothing wrong with me practicing Falun Dafa and living according to Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance. I never violated the law, but was being mistreated and locked up by lawless authorities. I knew the corrupt officers intended to defeat me with my innocent family members. My young daughter chased after me. I turned back, and waved my heavy arm at her. My daughter stopped, looked at me with such a helpless sadness. Her weak and small image wearing two pigtails is permanently etched in my memory.

Several days later, my husband Liu Qi came with personnel from Jianhua District Court. He told me that he had tried to rescue me by getting a proof that I was mentally ill, but the police threatened that they would send me to a mental hospital for real. Police threatened to make him jobless and prevent our daughter from attending school if he did not write Guarantee Statements on my behalf stating I would not practice Falun Dafa. The Director Hu Bin of Jianhua District's Wenhua Road Police Station forced my husband to divorce me. I signed the paper to ensure that they would not involve him or my daughter in this persecution.

Several days later, the Qiqihar City TV Station and police from Zhonghua Street Police Station videotaped me in the detention center. Deputy Director Han of the police station announced the statement sentencing me to one year in labor camp. This news was posted on Qiqihar Daily Newspaper, broadcasted on both the Qiqihar Radio Station and the TV Station. On November 11, 1999, Ms. Tao Chunlian, Ms.Cheng Liping, Ms. Wang Jingling and I were sent to the Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp in Qiqihar City (currently called Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp).

Torture In The Labor Camp - Locked in a Small Cell, Cuffed and Suspended, Prolonged Squatting, Sleep Deprivation, Brutal Beating and Cursing

On November 11, 1999, upon arriving at the Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp, I found 16 other Falun Dafa practitioners were also there. We sat on the beds, and went on hunger strike to protest the illegal detention, and wrote appeal letters to each level of the government. Three days later, guards dragged us down from the metal beds, and our appeal letters have not been seen since.

There was no hot water or bath place, and no days off. We had to work day and night, and suffer verbal abuse, physical torture and/or beatings when doing our exercises. Before New Year's Day of 2000, more than a dozen of us were locked up in small cells for doing the exercises. The small cells had previously been chicken coops. They were cold, dilapidated, and filthy. Division Leader Zhao Lijuan (female) and Liu Shurong (female) coerced female prisoner Li Xiaoyang to torture us. I was suspended from the small cell window for several hours, and then my hands were cuffed behind my back to the bed. I could only squat, and was not allowed to sit or sleep, with the threat of being beaten. Fellow practitioner, Ms. Yang Shulan suffered a heart attack, and was nearly tortured to death. Ms. Yu Zhenjie from Mudanjiang City suffered urinary incontinence due to long term squatting. Without warm shoes, her legs were frozen numb. Ms. Shi Shufang, Ms. Wang Xiuying, and Ms. Zhang Shuzhe were all tortured both mentally and physically. My right wrist was wounded from being cuffed and hung, and I could not feel anything for more than one year.

Practitioners Forced to Work on Agricultural Chemical Production Lines Without Protection

Siyou Chemical Factory is a privately owned factory that produces agricultural pesticides. The labor camp sold our free labor to the factory at a huge profit. The pesticides are poisonous to humans, and come with warnings and labels requiring that workers exposed to the chemicals take a shower and wear protective gear. Despite our strong requests, we received no protection.

The production plant was filled with poisonous dust. There was powder on our eye lashes, body hair, etc. The dust was so strong as to make us cough or our eyes tear-up badly even if we put on three to four layers of paper respirator. We suffered from bloody noses and vomited blood. Our eyes were red, our faces were all red, and our skin cracked.

The force labor camp authorities showed no concern for our life or death, and we had to get up at 4:00 a.m., walk to the factory without time to wash, work until our 30-minute lunch break, which included the time it took to wash up, eat lunch, and use the toilet. We had to run to avoid being beaten or cursed. Some of us fell to the floor with fatigue from overwork, some broke into loud crying. We walked back to the forced labor camp around 11-12 at night, and went to bed hungry.

Forced To Produce Repackage Outdated Pesticides, Cheating the Consumers

The factory and the labor camp forced us to open out-of-date pesticides, and repackage them with new dates to be resold. Trucks of outdated pesticides were shipped into Siyou Factory, like little mountains. I suggested they stop cheating and stop forcing us to commit this crime, because Falun Dafa practitioners must be good people and we cannot participate in such dishonest behavior. My fellow practitioners, Ms. Li Aiying and Ms. Wang Xiuying, and I all stopped working, and they cursed us madly. One tall guard even tried to kick me, but I stopped him sternly.

Officer Huang Jing (female) pulled me from the workplace down the stairs and threatened me, "Do you know what is waiting for you?" I answered, "I know, but it is worth sacrifice to maintain moral standards!" I submitted two copies of my report to the Labor Camp Administration and the Factory with many signatures collected from Dafa practitioners. Under such pressure, they had to stop the illegal operation.

Good People Detained, Chicken Coops Used as Small Cells, Tortured by Methods Known as the "Big Hang-up", "Ground Rings", and "Feeding the Mosquitoes"...

Several officials from Qiqihar City Labor Camp Division came for the Chinese New Year 2000. They admitted that we were all good people, and expressed sympathy for us. The head of them named Bai said many times during the big meeting that we were good people, that he did not want to detain us, and wanted us go home as early as possible when our terms expired. Higher authorities required a "reformation rate" but since practitioners firmly held their belief, a conflict existed between guards and practitioners, and the brutal torture escalated.

In the summer of 2000, more and more practitioners were sent to the forced labor camp, and were kept in buildings and old housing not up to code. Old chicken coops were used as small cells to torture practitioners. Cruel tortures like "Ground Ring" (4), "Big Hang Up (5)", and "feeding the mosquitoes" were inflicted every day...

My fellow practitioners, Ms. Wang Xiuying, Ms. Xu Hongmei, Ms. Liu Huijie, and I were all locked in the small cells. We had to eat, wash, sleep, and relieve ourselves, all inside those little old chicken coops. We were often pestered by mice, mosquitoes, and flies during the night. There was only one window with rusty bars, and hardly any glass.

Labor Camp Continued to Detain Practitioners After Their Sentences Had Expired

At the end of the fall of 2000 we, the practitioners who had been the first sentenced to forced labor, finished our sentences in succession. The authorities in the Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp, however, violated the law while adhering to the policy, "Those who refuse to give up practicing Falun Gong will not be released."

We had repeatedly written letters to the labor camp heads Bai, Hong, and Dong, and to government officials at different levels, informing them that this was a blatant violation of the Chinese Constitution, and demanded an unconditional release. Our requests were refused. They periodically tried to interrogate us, to keep written records of the conversations. We refused to cooperate with them, but they filled in the documents anyway, disregarding the law. They also deprived us of our rights to see our family members who had come to visit us. One time a guard, with instructions from labor camp officials, came to talk to me, asking me if I wanted to get out and if I missed my child. I said I did. She said again, "If you refuse to be reformed, don't even think to ever get out of the forced labor camp. 'Reform' [signing statements guaranteeing to give up the practice of Falun Gong] is the only way out!"

Another time the labor camp authorities made an exception and allowed me to see my daughter who came to see me. She was no longer the small child who had had her hair in short braids and tearfully said goodbye to me in a detention center. She had grown up and become a young girl who appeared a little unfamiliar to me. She had already grown to be as tall as I was. Seeing my daughter gradually becoming mature and thinking that I was not beside her when she needed her mother's care and help most, and that she had endured such a heavy blow to her young mind, I felt very pained and my tears ran down... My daughter asked me why I did not go home, and she hoped that I could respond by writing to her.

I wrote to her, "It is not that your mother does not want to go home. It is the labor camp authorities who have violated the law and do not let me go home. I love you and our once very happy three-person family, but I cannot give up the principle of being a [good] person because of loving you!"

The Tiananmen Square "Self-Immolation" Was Staged by Jiang's Faction for the Purpose of Framing Falun Gong!

On the seventh day of the first month in the 2001 lunar calendar year, the labor camp played the staged Tiananmen Square "Self-Immolation" video tape event. After that, I wrote a truth-clarification article entitled, "Dear kind people; please keep your eyes open!" In the article I mentioned: For news, it should first be of the characteristics of being timely and truthful; but why was the Tiananmen Square "Self-Immolation," which had occurred on the last day of the last lunar year, broadcast on the seventh day of the first month? Why did the five persons [who were mentioned to have been involved in the incident] in the first airing of the incident become seven? What had the television staff been doing in these seven days? Were they doing the work of film editing, recording, or film-making? Why was Wang Jindong, who had claimed that he had cultivated in Falun Gong for many years and was about to become enlightened unable to double-cross his legs and merely able to assume an ordinary person's sitting posture? Why did he display an incorrect hand-conjoining gesture? This showed that Wang Jindong was not a Dafa practitioner and was just a layman whom others utilized. Wang's face was heavily burned, but why wasn't his hair burned, which easily catches fire? Why were the two plastic Sprite bottles between his legs that contained gasoline still intact under this very high temperature and heat? How could the little girl Liu Siying, who had just had a tracheotomy, sing a song when interviewed by reporters? Why did the police in Tiananmen Square carry fire extinguishers and fire-extinguishing blankets while they were on duty? Why could the photographer take good positions in such a "sudden event," to zoom in to focus on the incident and record the scene from a very high place?

All these were proof that the self-immolation incident was just a farce that Jiang's faction had staged for perpetuating their aggravated persecution of Falun Gong. We planned to send the article we were writing to the Minghui website and at the same time copy it and send it to the officials of various local governments, the division leaders and guards in Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp and also to our family members, to clarify the facts regarding this incident! Because of this, the guards took away our paper and pens.

Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp Utilized the Criminal Inmates to Try to Brainwash Falun Gong Practitioners with Despicable Means

After the "Self-Immolation" incident was played on television, the labor camp authorities increased their persecution. They put us into a solitary room and let the criminal inmates tightly control us. There were also five other rooms set up for brainwashing. Higher up in this building were the No.1 Division's solitary room and brainwashing cells. The practitioners who were put into the solitary cell had to live there and were totally isolated from the outside. In each brainwashing cell were several former practitioners who had been brainwashed. They and other criminal inmates tried to brainwash one non-yielding practitioner by forcing her to listen and watch those tapes and published materials that slander Falun Gong. They applied methods such as not allowing the practitioner to sleep and other despicable means to brainwash the practitioners. Brainwashing helpers Wang Yakun and Hao Shuhua sat on Falun Gong practitioner Liu Wenjun's body and pried her mouth open with a screwdriver. They then lied to people, saying that since Liu was sick. They forced her to take medicine and broke her teeth. They also strangled and beat her until she lost consciousness. Division leader Wang Xiaojuan called in a doctor to revive her.

I started to write to the labor camp leaders and all the guards in the No.1 and No. 2 Divisions. I told them sternly, "Freedom of belief is protected by law. Brainwashing violates the law! The inmates and the brainwashing helpers have no right to interfere with others' belief, no mention to aid and abet the guards to brainwash the practitioners. You have incited the criminal inmates and the brainwashing helpers in this labor camp to commit crimes! You have provided the means for them to commit these crimes. You have violated the law while enforcing it. You cannot be forgiven for these crimes! If you still have a human conscience and are truly responsible for the future and fate of China, you should stop deceiving people by broadcasting the false news that "a large number of Falun Gong practitioners, after 'education and persuasion,' have started over to be good persons." You should report the truth of these brainwashing events that are happening in this labor camp to the top officials and at the same time immediately stop the disgusting act of brainwashing!" All the practitioners in the room rightfully signed the letter.

This letter failed to make the guards restrain themselves. Division leader Zhao Lijuan tricked Wang Shuqin, an elderly, gray-haired Dafa practitioner from Daqing City, and made her come out of the solitary cell. Zhao then covered her mouth and dragged her into a brainwashing room. When the old woman became mentally traumatized from torture, she wrote down whatever they told her to write. But when the old woman regained her clear head, she immediately wrote down a solemn declaration, that what she had written was null and void. One day, when they did not watch the old woman, she ran back to our cell, barefooted. She held our hands, cried painfully and her eyes were full of tears...

To improve the reformation rate, the labor camp officials sent Dafa practitioners Cui Xuemin, Xu Jiayu, Sheng Yi, Wang Jinfan, Yang Shulan, Zhang Jiqiu and others to the Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center, to try to brainwash them there. The center used all kinds of despicable methods to abuse and mistreat them, including use of psychotropic drugs.

Twenty-Two Months of Illegal Detention Came to An End

In August 2001, because of practitioners' SOS rescue efforts and the kindhearted people around the world, Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp, with pressure from the world media, started to release the practitioners who had finished their terms, including those who were still detained after their terms had expired. In the afternoon of August 13, 2001, Guard Xu called me out of the cell, took out from the warehouse a cotton bag, the only property I had, and told me that I was released. By then, my twenty-two month-long illegal detention came to an end.

I was first taken to a local police station. The police called my sister into another room and forced her to write a "guarantee letter" that she would assist the government to monitor me. After that, my sister took me to her home in her employee apartment building at Qiqihar University.

Since my husband had already remarried, I could no longer go back to my own home.

"610 Office" Violated the Constitution and Persecuted People in the Name of the State and Government

I returned to my work unit and cleaned the dust off my desk that had been accumulating for past two years, and then went to the accounting office to get my unpaid monthly basic living fee of 200 Yuan for the past two years. The accountant told me I needed to get permission from the head of the bureau. I went to find the head of the bureau named Fang. He told me that the district's "610 Office" said to not give me the money; they would use it if they had to go to Beijing to look for me. I told him, "It's a citizen's right whether or not to go to Beijing. It is not reasonable to withhold someone's living fee with such an excuse. Your father was persecuted during the Great Cultural Revolution. Now, how can you participate in a persecution? What these people in the "610 Office" said is not the Constitution. As the head of the bureau, you must take your responsibility and pay me back my basic living fee." Eventually, he agreed to pay me back the basic living fee, but not the salary for the past two years. I tried to reason with the municipal "610 Office" people and the municipal forced labor division, but to no avail.

One day, a fellow practitioner named Ms.Yang Shulan who was just released from a forced labor camp came to my work unit and told me in tears that her husband had lived with someone else for a long time and now had been forced to divorce her and leave home. She had no money and her work unit refused to pay her the unpaid back salary and cut off her retirement as well. The next day she called me and I rode a bike to deliver 500 Yuan to her. In less than three minutes after I walked into her house, Liu and Zhou from the district's "610 Office" and several women from the office fiercely rushed into the room and ordered her husband to force her to leave. They claimed she and I contacted each other conspiratorially and they would report this to the local police station. I said, "I come to give her money, not to conspire. If someone has difficulty, you should help them. Now I try to help her. It is a good thing. Do not put a label on me!"

Liu called me to my work unit after I came back and threatened me not to contact any other practitioners, otherwise... I said, "I can contact anybody within the rights granted by the Constitution." Liu said that the state did not allow Falun Gong members to have contact with each other. I said, "We are citizens. Freedom of contact with each other does not violate the law." The state has never publicly proclaimed that practitioners are not allowed to contact each other. It is Jiang's faction, in the name of the state and government that persecutes the people.

Local Police Chief Hu Bin Ordered Police to Ransack My Home and Abduct Me. They are the Reason I Fell from the Sixth Floor To Escape From the Persecution

My house phone was bugged; I was followed; the woman in Room 503 downstairs in collusion with persons from the Wenhua Road Police Station in the Jianhua District to monitor me. During the afternoon of October 22, 2001, led by the director of the Wenhua Road Police Station, Hu Bin, police officers Yao, Xu , Gao and the woman in Room 503 arrived at my apartment. They tried to force the lock on my door and kicked my door in a frenzy. They used four screwdrivers to try to break the door and scolded me nonstop. They disturbed all the neighbors. I tried to reason with them but it was no use. When they broke the small window on the security door and tried to reach a hand inside to open the door lock, I immediately went to the balcony and opened the window. When I slid down along a smoke pipe to the fourth floor, the cuts on my feet and hands made me lose control and I fell down to the ground. My blood splashed everywhere. They had to send me to the subsidiary of Qiqihar City's No.2 Hospital. When passers-by asked what was going on, the authorities made up a story and said I was insane due to practicing Falun Dafa. My hands and feet required several stitches and my feet were covered with bruises. X-ray showed that my spine was injured and one rib was broken. Wenhua Road Police Station personnel did not want to take responsibility and told Liu from the district "610 Office" to force me to sign the paper with the words, "Take full responsibility for myself," otherwise they would not let me go home. While I was being sent to the hospital, the evildoing police searched my apartment while no one in my family was at home. They made it a mess and left while the door lock was broken, the security door was damaged and nobody took care of my apartment.

I Left Home and Went into Exile Under the Threats and Harassment from People at the Wenhua Road Police Station and the District's "610 Office"

My younger sister and my work unit leaders got some people to carry me back home. I couldn't take care of myself. The next day, Gao from the police station came to take a statement and asked, "Why did you run when we knocked on your door?" I said, "It's not the knocking on the door but breaking down the door! Running is an instinct." He followed, "How is it called instinct?" I questioned him, "Would you not run if a fierce wolf came?" When he asked me to sign the statement he had written, I looked it over and found it was not true, so I tore it up. I sternly told him to stop harassing me and I would not cooperate with them, but would sue them. He said, "We decided to monitor you 24 hours a day."

The local police perpetrators and the district's "610 Office" enforcers often came to harass me. Zhou and a tall woman from the district's "610 Office" often came to my home. Zhou did not believe my injury and even checked it with his own hand. Once Zhou confirmed the injury to my backbone, she started to urge my family not to take care of me. Zhou loudly denounced me and stated my niece would not be allowed to take her college entrance exam because of me. They kept calling me every day to harass me.

Under such heavy pressure, my young sister eventually got sick and had to be given a daily intravenous drip. I did not want to trouble my sister anymore. I practiced the exercises every day and finally, thanks to the wonders of practicing Falun Dafa, I was able to hold onto a wall and stand up.

During a snowy day in December 2001, I left home quietly. I stepped on the thick snow and walked, crippled, one step after another with extreme pain. I walked out of the gate of the university and away from my hometown and my family. I was forced to live in exile.

Living the Life of a Wanderer, Homeless in the Land that I Love

After becoming homeless I felt mentally and physically exhausted and miserable. In a courier station in a strange city, looking at the stream of people passing by, I remembered my hometown and remembered my relatives and friends there; a sad feeling overtook me and tears filled my eyes... But then I had another thought - that millions of Dafa practitioners are taking the place of the fallen; that these practitioners are there for all living beings, to let them know not to be deceived by the lies, and to create a splendid future for all of them. I was then filled with endless strength, to expose the evil's lies and to let all the kind-hearted people learn the truth, and learn that Falun Dafa is great! That Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa!

Today I am still living in different places and without a regular income in the land that I deeply love as a result of police threats and harassment. I don't know where to go today and where I will be tomorrow. I am longing to go back to my hometown; longing to be with my relatives, and longing to returning to my work that I love. I deeply believe that the proper government administration organs can impartially enforce the law, will punish the wicked, encourage people to be kind and will aid justice in the world!

The Legal Basis of My Lawsuit:

I was sentenced to forced labor illegally, on fabricated charges, because I went to Beijing to appeal, which China's constitution guarantees as a citizen's basic right. The responsible government units include: Qiqihar City Police Department; Zhonghua Street Police Precinct in Qiqihar City; Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp; the First Detention Center in Qiqihar City; Qiqihar City's "610 Office;" Jianhua District's "610 Office" in Qiqihar City.

The Qiqihar City Judicial Bureau has violated Article 36 of the CONSTITUTION OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA and many others. Article 36 reads, " Citizens of the People's Republic of China enjoy freedom of religion," and Article 35 which states "Citizens of the People's Republic of China enjoy freedom of speech, of the press, of assembly, of association, of procession and of demonstration." Also violated was Article 37 "The freedom of the person of citizens of the People's Republic of China is inviolable. Unlawful detention or deprivation or restriction of citizens freedom of the person by other means is prohibited..." Article 41 "Citizens of the People's Republic of China have the right to criticize and make suggestions regarding any state organ or functionary."

The Qiqihar City Judicial Bureau has also violated certain portions of the CRIMINAL LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, Articles 17, 251, 397, 399, and also specifics in the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS, Article 18: "Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion;" Article 9 "No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile" as well as the INTERNATIONAL COVENANT ON CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS, Article 19: "Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice." The Qiqihar City Judicial Bureau has committed the crimes of depriving citizen's their right to religion, of abusing their authority, of bending the law for personal needs and statutes illegal detention.

The Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp and the First Detention Center, Qiqihar City, used brutal methods to torture me; they have violated "the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS" Article 5: "No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment," and have violated CRIMINAL LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA Articles 248. They have committed the crimes of torturing and abusing inmates.

The Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp detained me beyond the term of the sentence; they have violated the CRIMINAL LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA Articles 4 and Article 238, and also Article 4 of the Enforced Nine Articles by Supreme People's Prosecutor. They have committed the crime of "unlawful detention beyond term."

The director of the Wenhua Road Police Precinct in Qiqihar City, Hu Bin, and officers Yao, Xu, Gao and "the king of lock pickers" broke into my residence with violent methods to search and abduct me, making me fall from the 6th floor and seriously injuring me; they damaged my burglar-proof door. They have violated the CONSTITUTION OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA Article 39 and the CRIMINAL LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA Article 245, which reads: "The residences of citizens of the People's Republic of China are inviolable. Unlawful search of, or intrusion into, a citizen's residence is prohibited." They have committed crimes of illegal search and seizure an illegal intrusion into a citizen's residence.

The Qiqihar City Daily Newspaper, Qiqihar City Television Station, and the Qiqihar City Broadcasting Station blatantly twisted the facts in their newspaper and their TV and audio broadcasts. They fabricated and spread lies, attacked and defamed my reputation; they have violated the CONSTITUTION OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, Article 38 and the CRIMINAL LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, Article 16, the INTERNATIONAL COVENANT ON CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS, Article 17. They have committed the crime of defamation.

Qiqihar City "610 Office" and Qiqihar City Jianhua District "610 Office" are illegal organizations. They have no right to interfere with state policy, and they have no right to interfere with personal belief! In spite of this, these organizations dominate above the constitution, the public security system, the prosecutor and the judicial system; they instruct and pressure various government organs to persecute Falun Gong and Falun Gong Practitioners. They have persecuted many people in Qiqihar City areas which resulted in their deaths; caused countless families to break up; orphaned many children who lost their maternal love and devastated their minds; countless good people have been sentenced to imprisonment and forced labor; and countless have been forced to leave home to avoid the persecution. The members of this organization have committed crimes including genocide, crimes against humanity and torture.

Liu Zhou from the Jianhua District "610 Office" in Qiqihar City, Feng from the government office in Qiqihar City, Fu Zhongqi from the Zhonghua Street Office, retired woman Ding Wenli from the Jianhua District and the woman in apt. 503 at a floor below my sister's apartment followed me, monitored and harassed me; these people have violated the CONSTITUTION OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, Article 38: "The personal dignity of citizens of the People's Republic of China is inviolable." The UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS, Article 5: "No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment." The CRIMINAL LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, Article 246: "Those openly insulting others using force or other methods or those fabricating stories to slander others ..." They have committed the crime of personal insult.

In view of the fact that Qiqihar City Police Department, the Zhonghua Street Police Station in Qiqihar City, the Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp, the First Detention Center in Qiqihar City, the Wenhua Road Police Station in Qiqihar City, Qiqihar City "610 Office," Jianhua District "610 Offices" and Qiqihar City Siyou Chemical Plant and all personnel who participated in the abuses under this persecution have committed the above crimes, I request compensation according to the LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA ON STATE COMPENSATION.

Thank you.

Qiqihar City People's Court

Plaintiff:Li Chunhua, July 9, 2004


(1) Being locked up in a small cell: The detainee is locked up in a very small cell individually. The guards handcuff practitioners on their back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. Only half of a regular meal is served to detainees locked up in a small cell during the daytime. During the night the rats are running around. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.

(2) Being cuffed and suspended from the cuffs: With both hands cuffed, both feet off or only toes touching the ground, one is hung onto the basketball support or the beam of the house by the handcuff. The hands and arms quickly become lifeless and numb.

(3) Prolonged squatting: The practitioner is confined to a squatting position where he/she is unable to move. The victim is forced to squat for a very long time, and the torture will not be stopped until he or she develops a severe, life-threatening body reaction or emergency.

(4) Ground Ring: Practitioners are cuffed onto metal rings mounted in the ground for a long time.

(5) Big Hang Up: There are two forms of this torture: (1) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only the toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to the metal window frames; (2) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in opposite directions. One feels extreme pain as the body is pulled.