Latest News from China - September 3, 2004
- [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Zhang Caixia Is Force-Fed in the No. 20 Hospital of Mining Industry in Shahe
- [Daxing'anling Area, Heilongjiang Province] Several Practitioners Arrested While Clarifying the Truth
- [Liaoning Province] Zhang Huishuang Is Tortured at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Shandong Province] Senior Engineer Arrested
- [Beijing City] Practitioner Li Yongquan Is Missing
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Zhao Zhenfa Arrested
- [Zhaoqing, Guangdong Province] Lin Fengchi And His Wife Are Persecuted
- [Yishui County, Shandong Province] Six Falun Dafa Practitioners Are Arrested
- [Yingkou City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Sun Yubin Is Ordered for Arrest
- [Xing'anmeng, Inner Mongolia] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liang Lixin Is Abducted for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Update on Practitioner Dai Fugui and His Son After Arrest
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Update on Practitioner Ni Wenkui's Life in Prison
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Doctor Cui from Dahua Hospital Is Arrested
- [Beining City, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Zhang Man and Di Lianzhu Are Arrested
- [Dazhu, Sichuan Province] Follow-up on the Eight Falun Gong Practitioners That Were Illegally Arrested
- [Guanzhou City, Guandong Province] Persecution Cases in Guangdong Renmin Hospital
- [Beijing City] Practitioner Niu Aiqin Is Arrested
1. [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Zhang Caixia Is Force-Fed in the No. 20 Hospital of Mining Industry in Shahe
Ms. Zhang Caixia was abducted in January. She has been on a hunger strike for some time, to protest her illegal detention. She has become extremely weak, and her life is in grave danger. Currently, Ms. Zhang is in the No. 20 Hospital of Mining Industry in Shahe, and is monitored by two guards. In the hospital, Zhang Caixia is force-fed during this ordeal. Several staff members in the hospital, who have been deceived by the hate propaganda, participate in the force-feeding.
Main person responsible for the persecution of Zhang Caixia:
Yu Shuping, Director of the Political & Security Section in Shahe City, 86-13932975212 (Mobile)
2. [Daxing'anling Area, Heilongjiang Province] Several Practitioners Arrested While Clarifying the Truth
Ms. Li Fengxia is a practitioner from the Jiagedaqi District of the Daxing'anling Area. Her brother was reported while clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa and the persecution. He was beaten at the Dayangshu Forestry Public Security Bureau in Inner Mongolia. He couldn't bear the beating and told the police the names of three fellow practitioners, including his sister Li Fengxia. All of them have been arrested.
Zhang Lixin, Zhu Guiyun, Wang Yunfeng, practitioners from the Jiagedaqi District were reported by a taxi driver for explaining the truth of Falun Dafa. They were arrested by Yu Hongzhang, Du Zhilin and Wang Youming, policemen from the Political & Security Section of the Jiagedaqi District Public Security Bureau.
Relevant phone numbers:
The Political & Security Section of the Dayangshu Forestry Public Security Bureau, 86-470-5720113
The Political & Security Section of the Jiagedaqi District Public Security Bureau, 86-457-2123468
Wang Zhiming, director of the Daxing'anling Area Public Security Bureau, 86-457-2123178 (Office), 86-13904578000 (Mobile)
3. [Liaoning Province] Zhang Huishuang Is Tortured at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
In early May of 2004, Ms. Zhang Huishuang was abducted again in Tianjing City by policemen from Benxi City. She was forcibly sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for an illegal three-year term. Zhang Huishuang has been on a hunger strike in protest. Several days ago, the labor camp required her family to pay for her medical treatment. While visiting Ms. Zhang at the camp, her family noticed that Zhang Huishuang was being carried in by four people. She has suffered severely.
4. [Shandong Province] Senior Engineer Arrested
Ms. Liu Xun is a senior engineer and a "model worker" at the Xinhua Medicine Limited Company of Shandong Province. She is also a Falun Gong practitioner. On July 20, 2004, 61-year-old Liu Xun was forcibly taken from her home by local policemen. Her home was searched without a warrant. Ms. Liu's whereabouts are still unknown.
5. [Beijing City] Practitioner Li Yongquan Is Missing
On August 31, 2004, Beijing practitioner Li Yongquan disappeared while distributing truth-clarifying materials.
6. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Practitioner Zhao Zhenfa Arrested
Changchun practitioner, Zhao Zhenhe, was arrested by a large number of policemen while distributing truth-clarifying flyers a week ago. He is currently being held in the Daguang Detention Center.
7. [Zhaoqing, Guangdong Province] Lin Fengchi And His Wife Are Persecuted
Zhaoqing practitioners Lin Fengchi and his wife were abducted by several officials of Huanggang Town, Zhaoqing City several months ago. She has been in custody in the provincial brainwashing class since her abduction. Lin Fengchi was subjected to torture in the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong Province; they poured boiling water on his body and then brushed salt into the burns. After he was released, Mr. Lin was monitored very closely. Lin Fengchi earns a living by growing and selling vegetables. After his wife was detained, their children were home alone.
Relevant phone numbers:
Huanggang Town government office, 86-758-2710484
Office of the Party Secretary, 86-758-2738333
Office of Zhaoqing Political & Law Committee, 86-758-2730988
8. [Yishui County, Shandong Province] Six Falun Dafa Practitioners Are Arrested
On September 1, 2004, five Yishui practitioners, including Ms. Li Xiuying, Ms. Li Mingyan and Mr. Ma Xiangliang, got together in Cuijiayu Town. They were reported and then arrested. Their homes were searched without a warrant. They are currently being held in the county detention center.
Recently, Ms. Li Kemei from Yaodianzi Town was reported and arrested while distributing truth-clarifying materials.
Relevant phone numbers:
Yishui Political & Law Committee, 86-539-2251300, 86-539-2267998
The "610 Office," 86-539-2251688
Operator of the Yishui Supervision Team, 86-539-2211602
9. [Yingkou City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Sun Yubin Is Ordered for Arrest
Mr. Sun Yubin, a practitioner from Bayuquan District of Yingkou City, disappeared on the way to work July 27, 2004. His family exhausted all means, but failed to locate him. About twenty days later, several policemen were at the Songtun Market in Bayuquan District with a warrant for Sun Yubin's arrest. They asked the vendors whether they knew the person whose picture was on the warrant. They also mentioned that he had escaped after his arrest. An old man saw the picture and told Mr. Sun's family that Sun Yubin's face, from the picture, appeared to be swollen and distorted from a beating.
10. [Xing'anmeng, Inner Mongolia] Falun Dafa Practitioner Liang Lixin Is Abducted for Distributing Truth-Clarifying Materials
Ms. Liang Lixin, in her forties, is a practitioner from Tuquan County of Xing'anmeng. She was arrested by local police for distributing truth-clarifying flyers. She has been held in the Tuquan Detention Center for over twenty days. No further details are available. Previously, Liang Lixin had been detained at the camp for eighteen months.
11. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Update on Practitioner Dai Fugui and His Son's Arrest
Practitioner Dai Fugui and his son have both been arrested and detained for over a month. Da Fugui went on hunger strike in protest. The detention center was prepared to reject him because he failed the medical examination. His son, Dai Yinghua, has been sent to the Hongweixing Brainwashing Class. His employer went there and requested his release, but his request was refused.
12. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Update on Practitioner Ni Wenkui's Life in Prison
Mr. Ni Wenkui was illegally sentenced and has been jailed in the Daqing Prison for nearly two years. Several days ago, his family requested visitation; however, the policeman said, "They are on a hunger strike. No one is allowed to visit them, even though you have connections."
13. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Doctor Cui from Dahua Hospital Is Arrested
On the morning of August 31, Doctor Cui from the Ophthalmology Section of the Jinjiajie Branch of the Dahua Hospital was abducted at work by several policemen. His whereabouts remain unknown.
14. [Beining City, Liaoning Province] Practitioners Zhang Man and Di Lianzhu Are Arrested
On September 1, 2004, people from the Beining National Security Team, together with policemen from the Luyang Town Police Substation, broke into the homes of Zhang Man, Di Lianzhu, Zhu Baojun, Sun Cuidong and Pang Xiaoxia. They illegally searched their homes. During the search, they even tore off newspaper glued to the underside of the box springs. Zhang Man and Di Lianzhu were illegally arrested.
15. [Dazhu, Sichuan Province] Follow-up Report on the Eight Falun Gong Practitioners That were Illegally Arrested
Further information has been obtained regarding the eight Falun Gong practitioners in Dazhu who were illegally arrested. It has been confirmed that there have been nine practitioners arrested in the Dazhu District on August 20.
Policemen from the Dazhu National Security Team and officers from the "610 Office" monitor and tape phone calls of more than ten practitioners who haven't been "transformed" (1). On the evening of August 20, they followed practitioner Wang Haiqian, former assistant of the Dazhu Falun Gong Assistance Center, to Luo Weisu's home. After they opened the door by picking the lock, Li Yuexue, Assistant Director of the "610 Office" and Li Xianhua, Head of the National Security Team, together with over a dozen policemen, searched Luo Weisu's home and arrested nine Falun Dafa practitioners. As of August 25, four practitioners remain in custody.
Relevant phone numbers:
Li Yuexue, Assistant Director of the "610 Office", 86-818-6242610 (Office), 86-818-6225996 (Home), 86-13508263513 (Mobile)
Li Xianhua, Head of the National Security Team, 86-818-6221159 (Office), 86-13882818088 (Mobile)
Li Zhilin, Party Secretary of the County Political & Law Committee, 86-818-6223568 (Office), 86-818-6223575(Home), 86-13982803669 (Mobile)
Yang Duozhi, Director of the "610 Office", 86-818-6223524 (Office), 86-818-6223085 (Home), 86-13508243358 (Mobile)
Xu Jianjun, Assistant Director of the Public Security Bureau in Dazhu County
Deng Yaojun, Vice-governor of the county
Wen Li, National Security Police
Zhao Quansheng, National Security Police
Huang Bo, National Security Police
Zhu Yongbing, "610 Office" clerk
16. [Guanzhou City, Guandong Province] Persecution Cases in Guangdong Renmin Hospital
Li Qishun, a doctor in the Radiology Section of Guangdong Renmin Hospital, was sentenced to eighteen months of forced labor, simply because he went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in 2000. He was sent to Guangzhou No. 1 Forced Labor Camp, where he was subjected to brainwashing.
Li Peizhen, a nurse from the Otolaryngology Department, and Ye Huiqun, a nurse from the Internal Medicine Department, were sentenced to forced labor for letting the government know the truth about Falun Gong. They were sent to the Chatou Women's Forced Labor Camp for intensified brainwashing. Ye Huiqun's husband, director of the Laboratory in the Guangdong Renmin Hospital, divorced his wife because of her arrest.
In 2002, Yan Jin, a doctor and instructor in the Internal Medicine Department, had to leave the hospital, because the provincial Public Security Department required the hospital to intensify its supervision of Falun Gong practitioners during the 16th Party Congress.
Relevant people in the Guangdong Renmin Hospital:
Lin Shuguang, President
Zeng Guohong, Standing Vice-president
Deng Nan, security officer
Xu Yao, department director
Address of the hospital: #106, Zhongshan Erlu, Guangzhou City, Guangdong
Telephone: 86-20-83827812 (operator)
17. [Beijing City] Practitioner Niu Aiqin Is Arrested
Ms. Niu Aiqin from Dongliu Village, Shuangqiao Township, Chaoyang District of Beijing City was taken from her home by police and "610 Office" staff on August 11, 2004. It was mentioned that the reason for her arrest was that she was supposed to have handed out truth-clarifying materials to others. However, before that, some "610 Office" staff had contacted Niu Aiqin in order to find out her attitude regarding Falun Gong. The reason provided for the arrest is highly suspect. Their real motive was to send Niu Aiqin to a brainwashing class. Details will be fully investigated.
(1) "Transformed" refers to a practitioner giving up and renouncing Falun Gong, under extreme mental and physical pressure.