(Clearwisdom.net) Since July 19, 1999, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Xia Wei and his wife Deng Zhongqin from Yuehe Village, Laochi Township, Suining City, Sichuan Province have been cruelly persecuted by Jiang's group because they persisted in their practice of Dafa. On July 19, 2000, Xia Wei was abducted by the police and beaten unconscious. Since then, he has suffered with symptoms such as frequently vomiting blood, chest pain and dizziness. Under the long period of persecution and harassment, he died on November 12, 2001. His wife was sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor in the Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Zizhong City, Sichuan Province because she made a Dafa banner.

On July 19, 2000, when the couple was at their daughter's house preparing noodles in the utility room, police from Nanqiang Police Station were arresting Dafa practitioners in the village and taking them to the brainwashing center. They passed by the utility room and saw the couple and forcibly abducted them and took them to the Longping City Brainwashing Center without any reason.

On the same night, after 7 p.m., Laochi Township official Deng Xiaolin, director of the Women's Association, Liu Quiying, and a policeman came to take the couple back to their local area. When Xia Wei was at the door, without saying a word, Deng Xiaolin grabbed him and punched and kicked Xia Wei all over. The 56-year-old Xia Wei fell to the floor with his nose bleeding. At the time, the ruffian was still not satisfied and continued kicking Xia Wei crazily with all his strength.

Over thirty illegally detained Dafa practitioners cried out together, "No hitting!" They all condemned the inhuman persecution against an unarmed man. It was a grave injustice.

At this time a policeman opened the door of the car, grabbed Xia Wei from the ground and pushed him into the car. Xia Wei was incapable of moving and his nose was bleeding profusely, with blood all over his clothes. His wife Deng Zhongqin was also being pushed into the car. She saw that her husband was motionless inside the car and that his face was very pale. She tried to help him to sit up. The two thugs, Deng Xiaolin and Liu Quiquing were swearing continuously once they got inside the car.

After driving for 2 hours, they arrived at Laochi Township office, and Xia Wei was already unconscious. Deng Xiaolin saw that Xia Wei was motionless, and he started yelling, "Don't play 'possum' with me. I'm your daddy and I'll hit you again!" Xia Wei's face was swollen and his body was bruised all over. He was extremely weak and could not swallow any food. The police were afraid to take responsibility for his condition and the next day advised his daughter to come bail him out for 2,000 yuan (1).

Xia Wei's daughter saw that he was beaten to such a condition and was afraid that the police would persecute her parents again. Xia Wei's daughter, who was not a practitioner, asked for help everywhere. Finally, she bailed out her parents by paying 2,000 yuan. After returning home, Xia Wei was repeatedly vomiting blood, had chest pain and dizziness and was extremely weak. The township official and policemen frequently disturbed him and kept a close surveillance on the couple. One time, when the police went to harass Xia Wei and his wife and they were not home, the policemen handcuffed their daughter and son-in-law and took them hostage. The police beat up his daughter and son-in-law trying to force them to disclose the whereabouts of their parents. The police even took away the 100 yuan they had in their pockets. On November 12, 2001, Xia Wei died as a direct result of the persecution. He vomited a lot of blood before his death. In fact, Jiang's accomplices had beaten Dafa practitioner Xia Wei to death.

After the death of Xia Wei, his wife Deng Zhongqin was abducted by policemen from the Chuan Shen City Police Station because she posted Dafa truth clarifying signs on the electricity poles along Kaishan Road. She was illegally detained in Ling Quan Temple and Wu Jia Wan for 70 days before being sent to the Nanmusi Women's Labor Camp in Zizhong City, Sichuan Province for two and a half years of forced labor.

Later, the police illegally confiscated their house. After being harassed for such long time, her daughter and son-in-law could not tolerate it any more and firmly resisted and exposed the unlawful acts of the police. Once again the police handcuffed the young couple, took them to the police station and illegally detained them for three days.

(1) Yuan is the unit of currency of China; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.