Summary of Other Articles and News -- August 25, 2004
Cases of Karmic Retribution
1) Li Jingbao, an officer at the Shoushan Police Station in Liaoyang County, Liaoyang City, Liaoning Province monitored Dafa practitioners within the local precinct. He ransacked many practitioners' homes and sent them to forced labor camps. This man suddenly came down with acute leukemia and died about 3 weeks later, on August 4, 2004. His second eldest son died from cancer of the esophagus on August 4, 2003.
2) Wu Jifang, a security officer at the former People's Hostel in Hecheng District, Huaihua, Hunan Province broke into a woman Dafa practitioner's home and smashed the closet and the lock on it. The next day he arrested the practitioner and sent her to the Tuanjie Police Station. The perpetrators hung a sign on her with slogans defaming Falun Dafa and paraded her through the streets. Soon after, Wu Jifang contracted liver disease and died from liver ascites in December 2003.
3) Yuan Quanli, the political secretary for the Luoyang Glass Factory Police Station sent seven Dafa practitioners to prisons and labor camps. He also held numerous brainwashing classes, ransacked Dafa practitioners' homes and fined them. His wife suffered from rheumatism and recently had her leg amputated. Yuan Quanli's crimes have brought disaster upon his family.
4) Zhang Shuhua, a guard at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City encouraged other guards to shock Dafa practitioners with electric batons. She is currently being hospitalized. Guard Liu Zhiwei and guard Feng shocked Dafa practitioner Song Xiyu and tied her to the Dead Person's Bed. The next day, Liu Zhiwei's mother fell ill and Liu could not go to work at the labor camp. Her mother passed away one month later. Division head Guan Wei's father or mother died. All guards at Division Four have some kind of illnesses.
Facts of the Persecution
1) Dafa practitioner Huang Jiaru in Huludao City, Liaoning Province went into exile in May of 2002 to avoid persecution. Prior to that, on February 5, 2002, someone reported that Huang Jiaru's home is a Dafa practice site. The perpetrators from the Bohai Police Station went to Huang Jiaru's home and caught two practitioners with their children. The police ransacked her home and arrested Huang Jiaru, the two other practitioners and three children and took them to the Bohai Police Station. They were later released. On April 12, 2002, the perpetrators again harassed Huang Jiaru and her sisters in their homes.
2) The perpetrators at Harbin City Women's Prison in Heilongjiang Province have up to this point detained at least six Dafa practitioners in solitary confinement for six months already. We have discovered that these practitioners are very thin. Also, the perpetrators have cuffed the practitioners' hands behind their back for the past six months [With both hands cuffed behind the back, both feet off or only toes touching the ground, one is hung onto the basketball support or house beam with the handcuff. Both hands and arms will soon lose sensory perception. In addition, both hands will go numb from lack of blood circulation]. In order to protest the persecution, the practitioners in the solitary confinement cells held several hunger strikes.
3) Several Dafa practitioners recently suffered additional mistreatment under the persecution at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. The guards shocked practitioners Wang Yuxiang with electric batons and hit her face with wooden planks until her face became distorted. They shocked practitioner Gu Jinfen 19 times, until her skin was scorched. They shocked practitioner Geng Liandi 11 times, hung him up for two days and didn't allow him to sleep for over 20 days. Guard Wang Jing often kicked the practitioners.
4) Dafa practitioner Tan Xiangyu from Changsha City, Hunan Province is 58 years old. As she persisted in practicing Falun Dafa, the Tianxin District Court sentenced her to three years and six months in prison. In the past few years, Tian Xiangyu's home has been ransacked for numerous times. Tian has also been abducted and illegally detained numerous times.
5) Dafa practitioner Lu Yuying from Jinan City, Shandong Province is 40 years old. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and was illegally detained. After she was sent back to Jinan City she was detained for one month. She was also tricked to arrive at a brainwashing class and was released after she held a 35-day hunger strike. In the summer of 2001, she went into exile and was arrested in another city. She was sent back to Jinan and was sentenced to five years in prison. Lu Yujing has so far been held at the Shandong Provincial Women's Prison for over three years, where she is forced to work for over ten hours daily. At the same time she is made to attend brainwashing classes. Her work unit fired her and her husband divorced her under pressure.
6) Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Zhaohua is 53 years old and had lived in Xiyu Village, Wujing Town, Linqu County, Weifang City, Shandong Province. He began practicing Dafa in 1998 and is now being held at the Qiugu Forced Labor Camp in Boshan. He was tortured so severely until he couldn't eat and became emaciated.
7) Between May and June 2003, perpetrators from the National Security Section in the Guancheng District Police Department in Zhenzhou City arrested Dafa practitioners Quan Peijian, Zang Yufeng, Feng Caiqin, Niu Tongqin, Li Huizhen, Liu Chunling, Wang Gencheng, Bo Limei and one other practitioner and tortured them. On June 20 they sent these practitioners to the No. 1 Detention Center in Henan Province where the practitioners are forced to do daily slave labor.
On July 18, 2003, Liu Chunling's family bailed her out. Practitioners Wang Gencheng, Bo Limei and another practitioner were sent to the No. 4 Detention Center in Zhenzhou City. Before August 4, 2003, all three practitioners broke free with the power of their righteous thoughts. In September 2003, the perpetrators from the National Security Section again arrested Wang Gencheng and sent him to the Wanqingshanzhuang Brainwashing Center in Zhenzhou City. Practitioner Bo Limei was fired and went into exile.
Around April 2004, five practitioners, Quan Peijian, Zang Yufeng, Niu Tongqin, Li Huizhen and Feng Caiqin were sentenced to prison.
Category: Accounts of Persecution