Persecution Cases

In the afternoon of July 18, 2004, Falun Gong practitioner Lu Hongyue from Linqu County, Weifang City was reported to the authorities. This happened while the practitioner was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong near the Qishi Market in Linqu County. Later, the police from Linqu County's Police Station abducted and sent Lu to be persecuted in Linqu County Detention Center. Lu Hongyue went on hunger strike and got out with righteous thoughts after five days of detention.

After the TV signal tapping [1] incident happened in Changchun City on March 5, 2002 to broadcast a Falun Gong truth clarification documentary, Falun Gong practitioners detained in the Jiutai City Labor Camp underwent a new round of persecution. The police shocked and beat practitioners' bodies with electric batons, hit them on the head with planks of wood and otherwise tortured them using the "Tying the Ropes" method [2], among other torture methods. Baicheng City Falun Gong practitioner Huang Yaodong sustained two broken ribs. Jilin Province practitioner Xue Baoping was beaten to the point of unconsciousness. Sixty-year-old Songyuan City practitioner Wang Enhui also suffered through vicious torture.

In the Heizuizi Female Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province, 66-year-old Dafa practitioner Shi Yazhen was forced to stand still for several days because she refused to do forced labor. Sometimes, after work was over in the evening, she had to stand until midnight. Sixty-three-year-old Dafa practitioner Bai Ping and Liu Xiaoman were dragged downstairs by force from the 3rd floor and then to the 6th floor of the South Building because they refused to do forced labor or attend brainwashing classes that slandered Dafa. One of Bai Ping's lumbar vertebras was severely damaged, but the police still often kicked her and slapped her in the face. Liu Xiaoman's ear bled from the shock from an electric baton.

Sixty-eight-year-old Dafa practitioner Xu Jingxian is from Anshan City, Liaoning Province. In November 2000 he went to appeal for Falun Gong in Beijing but was abducted. Later he was sentenced to two years of forced labor. On December 3, 2002 he finished his term and was released. During his forced labor camp stay, he was beaten and physically abused in other ways, and forced to do heavy labor. On March 1, 2003 he was sent to a brainwashing program. Because he refused to give up his belief, he was sent to two and a half years of forced labor again. On the way to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, he suddenly showed severe symptoms of a heart attack and fell to the ground. The labor camp refused to take him, so he was later placed on medical parole. On July 21, 2004, Xu Jingxian's home was ransacked and he was abducted and taken to the police station. Because he was an old man and had a history of heart disease, no one there would take responsibility for his condition. They then released him on bail after extorting 2,000 Yuan from his family [3].

Li Hongmei lives in Modouxi Village, Group 7, Hongxing Township, Goujiao Town, Yuechi County in Guang'an City, Sichuan Province. Because she has been steadfast in her belief in Falun Dafa, her family has been constantly harassed and persecuted by personnel from Guang'an City and Yuechi County. At present, her husband is still detained in the Rongshan Town Prison in Guangyuan City. She had to leave home to avoid further persecution after fleeing from a brainwashing program. Her young son was neither able to see his father nor be by his mother's side. Her mother-in-law, in her 60s, has to do all the work in the fields and take care of the young grandson.


[1] Since the beginning of the persecution of Falun Gong by Jiang's regime in China on July 20, 1999, all media have repeatedly broadcast fabricated lies and hate propaganda. In the meantime, the real story of Falun Gong, including the crime of genocide being committed against Falun Gong practitioners, was covered up and kept from the Chinese people.

[2] Tying the Ropes: A torture method police used on Falun Gong practitioners in prisons or forced labor camps. They tie up the practitioner with a thin rope, circle the rope around his neck, and tie his hands behind his back. Then the police would use all the force they could muster to tighten the rope. The rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, and makes it more and more difficult for him to breathe. The pain is so intense that the practitioner sometimes loses control of his bladder. There are instances when the rope was tightened enough to break a practitioner's arm.

[3] Yuan: 500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.