Facts of the Persecution

On March 25, 2004, Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Wang Guohua, Ms. Wang Xingxiang, and Ms. Zhu Hong from Dehui City, Jilin Province were reported to police when clarifying the truth in Guojia Town. They were arrested shortly thereafter. Mr. Wang Guohua was sent to the No.1 Police Department in Changchun City on March 29, where he was subjected to the torture known as the "tiger bench." While on the bench, they placed 4-5 layers of plastic bags over his head, stuffed a towel in his mouth, and shocked him with an electric baton. Mr. Wang passed out many times while being tortured. His life was placed in great danger because he would not give up his belief in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." After the torture, he was returned to the Dehui City Detention Center. He is very weak at this time and suffering both mentally and physically from the violence he was subjected to.

Around July 15, 2004, at 8 pm, policemen Liang Xiaowen, Zhang Guowen, and another from the Kunchi Substation, Qianan County, Jilin Province stormed in on Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Gao Yong and his wife Xia Lirong's house and ransacked it. They abducted this elderly couple and sent each to a different detention center that night. The next morning, Zhang Guowen interrogated and beat every inch of Mrs. Xia's body. Ms. Xia has now been sentenced to a forced labor camp.

After July 20, 1999, lawless officials Li Xifu (male), Xu Bai (male), and Cui Honghui (male) from Yanshou County, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province have led police in arresting practitioners, ransacking their homes, and extorting their money. Nine practitioners were sentenced to labor camps in Harbin City during 2002. In March 2003, practitioners Ms. Xie Yuchan and Ms. Chen Lihua were arrested and detained while clarifying the truth to farmers in Fushoutun Village. Practitioner Ms. Sun Yanfang was arrested from her home and is detained in the Wanjia Labor Camp. Starting at the end of April 2004, Deputy Director Zhao Jinhong of the Yanshou County Police Station and Secretary Wang Fuxin of the Party Political and Judiciary Committee, together with Xu Bai, led police in arresting Falun Dafa practitioners and sent many to the Harbin Labor Camp.

In September 1999, policeman Li Wei from Diaobingshan City, Liaoning Province threatened the mother of a Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Yin Liping, while she was at work. He threatened that he would send both Ms. Yin and her younger brother, Yin Xianwu to labor camps. He extorted 9,500 yuan (1) from her Ms. Ying before releasing the practitioners.

On April 20, 2004, police surrounded the home of Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Che Qicong. He is an employee of the Huaneng Power Plant in Dezhou City, Shandong Province. Police ransacked both his and his sister's home. They arrested Mr. Che, his father, and his sister and detained them for one month. Afterwards, they sentenced Mr. Che to 2 years in a labor camp, his father to 3 years in a labor camp, and his sister is under supervised parole for 3 years. Mr. Che and his father were sent to the Wangcun Labor Camp, where his father (in his 60s) suffered from high blood pressure during the first month, and was then released on medical parole. Mr. Che was previously sentenced to 3 years in a labor camp in 2000, with the term to end in May 2003. His father and sister were also serving second terms. His mother is still serving a term in the Jinan City No.1 Women's Labor Camp.

Retired employee Ms. Song Zhezi of the Dongjiao Department Store in Changde City, Hunan Province has been detained for an extended term due to her refusal to give up cultivation. Her family-operated business, with a net worth of over 100 thousand yuan, is now bankrupt. One of her daughters is detained in the Changsha Women's Prison, and the other was forced to become destitute and homeless in order to avoid being illegally arrested at home, and her current whereabouts are unknown. In November 2003, Ms. Song went on a hunger strike for 86 days in the Baimalong Women's Labor Camp located at Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province, before being released. She continued passing out truth clarifying flyers upon returning home. She has been abducted and detained many times in the last six months and has escaped from her captors with righteous thoughts. On May 21, 2004, she was again arrested and is still detained in the Changde City No.2 Detention Center.

(1) Yuan: Chinese currency; the average monthly pay of an urban worker is 500 yuan.