[Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.]

A person who assisted in persecuting Falun Gong at Guyi Village, Liulin Town, Luancheng County, Hebei Province dies suddenly

Cheng Ying was a 65-year-old man from Guyi Village, Liulin Town, Luancheng County, Hebei Province. Since Jiang's regime began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, he worked continuously as a hired thug for persecuting practitioners. During holidays, he would keep surveillance over practitioners, and repeatedly go to their homes to harass them or stake out their homes. He believed the government's deceitful propaganda and always persecuted practitioners, even though they told him repeatedly the principle that good would be rewarded with good and evil met with evil, and that the law of heaven does not allow the persecution of Dafa.

In July 2001, a practitioner named Cheng Jingshan from Guyi Village was forced to leave home. Cheng Ying went to see Cheng Jingshan's niece and deceived her by saying, "Just ask him to go home. Nothing will happen to him if he goes home." As a result, Cheng Jingshan was arrested by the police the day after he returned home. He was sent to Shijiazhuang Labor Camp after being sentenced to three years' imprisonment.

Practitioners used their own money to make truth-clarifying materials to expose the media's lies and clarify the truth of Falun Gong to the local people. However, Cheng Ying could not be reasoned with. He got up early in the morning and tore down the truth-clarifying materials and burned them.

On March 15, 2004 (lunar calendar), Cheng Ying went to Xishilidao Supermarket at Guyi Village and died suddenly. Villagers agreed that Cheng Ying was vicious and had no moral standard. After he died, they said: "Cheng Ying did nothing good. This is an example of evil being met with evil."

The director of Jiuxian Animal Hospital at Yanqing County, Beijing dies of liver disease

Since July 20, 1999, Qi Hechun, the director of Jiuxian Animal Hospital at Yanqing County, Beijing City, co-operated with the local Jiuxian Town Police Substation in beating and cursing a practitioner named Lin Huiliang several times, preventing Lin from practicing the exercises. In June 2001, Qi Hechun suffered extreme pain with liver disease for three months before he died.

A retired cadre of the Education Section of Shijiazhuang Aeroplane Manufacturing Factory dies suddenly

One day about two months ago, He Yijun found Falun Gong flyers in his mailbox. He assumed that the flyers were distributed by the Falun Gong practitioners in his workplace, and took them to the police substation to report it. On his way, he told everyone he met. Whenever he met Falun Gong practitioners, he would spit on the ground. On May 26, 2004, he suddenly died of stroke and a heart attack.