Latest News from China - July 5, 2004
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Zhang Zhong Suffers from Digestive System Malfunction after Torture in the Daqing Prison
- [Sichuan Province] At Sichuan Province's Female Prison, Liu Ying Suffers from Hydrothorax due to Torture; Her Detention Term Illegally Extended by Four Years
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] The Xinglong Police in Taihe District Arrest a Dafa Practitioner
- [Huadian City, Jilin Province] Over Ten Dafa Practitioners Sentenced to Forced Labor by Huadian City Police During the Last Two Months
- [Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province] Dafa Practitioner Yu Mei Disappeared
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Wang Yuling Tortured to Critical Condition Twice in a Labor Camp Hospital
1. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Zhang Zhong Suffers Digestive System Malfunction after Torture in the Daqing Prison
On January 15, 2004, Zhang Zhong practiced Falun Gong exercises in his cell in the No.3 Division of Daqing City Prison. Just because of this, lawless policemen savagely beat him. Afterwards he could not keep any food down and his lower limbs were out of commission. On April 8, 2004 he was diagnosed as suffering from traumatic stomach malfunction; the peristalsis system in his stomach is no longer functioning. The diagnosis was given at Daqing City's No.4 Hospital. At present, he is so emaciated that he looks like a skeleton. Nevertheless, he is still detained at the city's prison and suffers under the persecution.
2. [Sichuan Province] At Sichuan Province's Female Prison, Liu Ying Suffers from Hydrothorax due to Torture; Her Detention Term Illegally Extended by Four Years
Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Ying (former voluntary contact person for Leshan City's Falun Gong practice site) has been detained at the No. 4 District in Sichuan Province's Female Prison at Yangma Town, Jianyang City, Sichuan Province. She has been tortured to the point that she is suffering from hydrothorax [accumulation of fluid in pleural cavity] and currently stays at the prison hospital. Because Liu Ying refused to renounce her belief, she was not released in June 2004 when her detention term had expired; instead, her already illegal detention term was unconstitutionally extended by four years.
Ms. Li Binnan, 64 years old, is a senior engineer from Chengdu City. The city's "610 Office (1)" sentenced her to four years of imprisonment and secretly put her into the Sichuan Province's Female Prison.
Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Yanrong from Chengdu City is detained at the No.7 District of the prison.
3. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] The Xinglong Police in Taihe District Arrest a Dafa Practitioner
At about 6:30 p.m. on July 2, 2004, seven policemen from the Xinglong Police Precinct in Taihe District, Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province broke into Dafa practitioner Li Hongcheng's house in Yuji Town, Linghai City. Without any valid reason, they forcibly put handcuffs and shackles on Li Hongcheng. They carried the barefoot Li Hongcheng, clad in underwear, into a police car and sent him to Jinzhou City's Detention Center that same night.
4. [Huadian City, Jilin Province] More than Ten Dafa Practitioners Have Been Sentenced to Forced Labor by Huadian City Police During the Last Two Months
On June 29, 2004, policemen from Huadian City, Jilin Province unlawfully arrested practitioner Ms. Li Fengyun in the Huadian Market, even as crowd of witnesses looked on.
Li Fengyun argued strongly on just grounds to resist the illegal arrest, but was carried into a car. At that moment, the whole crowd of folks came up and tried to stop them; the police, however, yelled out, "Arrest anyone who comes close!" without caring how the crowd would react to the police, which made all witnesses react in shock.
Afterwards, police went to search Li Fengyun's home but didn't find anything. They still abducted and held Li Fengyun in the Huadian City Detention Center.
During the last two months, more than ten practitioners were sentenced to forced labor and at least four of them were held in the Huadian Detention Center.
5. [Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province] Dafa Practitioner Yu Mei Disappeared
Ms. Yu Mei, 36 years old, is a practitioner from Zhanjiang City, Guangdong Province. She disappeared on a night in early June 2004. Her nine-year-old daughter is left at home.
6. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Wang Yuling Has Been in Critical Condition Twice in a Labor Camp Hospital
Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Yuling was arrested at home. Personnel from the No.1 Section of Changchun City's Police Department and the second criminal team from the Chaoyang District Police Department were the persecutors. Police in the No. 1 Section tied her up on the "tiger bench" for nine days. On top of that, they kicked her and beat her. They even burned her and shocked her with high voltage batons. She became comatose immediately and was then sent to the Third Hospital affiliated with the Chinese Medical University. She underwent emergency treatment via vein incision. Unfortunately, she eventually suffered from cardiac muscle ischemia, gallstones, gastroenteritis, and other problems. She has been in critical condition twice.
Wang Yuling used to weigh over 70 kg; now she weighs less than 50 kg. She has been in the Labor Camp Hospital over 11 months, but still can't take care of herself. She's got very severe heart disease and could be in grave danger at any time.
Related phone numbers:
Chaoyang District's Prosecutor in Changchun City: 86-431-7684275 (extension: public complaints division)
Chaoyang District's Court, 86-431-8504652
(1) 610 Office: an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.