(Clearwisdom.net) I am 62 years old now. On February 17, 1999, I came across Falun Dafa and started my cultivation joyfully. I can still clearly remember the first time I distributed some materials containing the true facts about Falun Dafa on my own.

At around 8:30 p.m. on the night of July 2, 2003 of the Chinese lunar calendar, I went by myself to a mountainous area to distribute some Falun Gong materials. The moon was high in the sky, and I walked for over a mile before I could see a few houses scattered around. On my way, there was a narrow valley entrance, where a landlord had been beaten to death a few dozen years ago. Everyone from our village was scared when they passed by it, and no one lives around that area. I am a pretty timid person, but I thought about those practitioners who went to Tiananmen Square to peacefully appeal for Falun Dafa: they are not even afraid of death, so what can I still be afraid of? I began to send forth righteous thoughts, and my mind immediately calmed down.

At that time it was the rainy season, so the dirt road was pretty muddy. I struggled along, while distributing Falun Gong materials. I finally reached the valley, where there were about twenty houses. I distributed all of the materials that I had on me, and I also posted all the truth-clarifying labels I had. In the valley, every house has dogs, yet none of the dogs barked when I approached the houses. When I almost reached the other end of the small valley, I saw a house with some lights on from far away. When I reached the house, the light suddenly turned off for a while. I took the opportunity to post my last labels on the electric post nearby. After I finished, the light in the house was turned back on. At around eleven at night, I safely returned home. I think that only practitioners who distribute leaflets know how I felt at that time.

On the next day, someone from the valley where I had been came to see me (I am a doctor). The patient said, "Last night, every single house in the valley I live in received Falun Gong leaflets. Two people must have distributed the leaflets on a motorcycle during the night..." I laughed to myself, and I told the patient to read the materials carefully.

Although it's only a small incident, to me, this was the first step forward that I took on my own. I came to understand through this experience that as long as we have righteous thoughts and are without fear, Teacher is always standing by us and protecting us.