Facts of persecution

Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Fengmei was a 40-year-old teacher from Xiongyue High School in Yingkou City, Liaoning Province who was considered to be outstanding. Because she went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa, officers from the Xiongyue Police Department constantly harassed her, forcing her to leave home in August 2002. On August 21, 2003 she was abducted and sent to the Bayuquan Detention Center and held for nine months, during which time she was severely tortured. The delicate bones in her ear were injured, her eardrum was perforated, and she often had headaches, dizzy spells and pain throughout her body. Ms. Li also suffered severe hemorrhaging for more than three months. It was learned that in early March 2004, Li Fengmei was secretly sentenced to four years in prison.

The perpetrators at Dabei Prison in Shenyang City detain Dafa practitioners in solitary confinement cells where they shock the practitioners with electric batons, handcuff them, and then hang them up by thick ropes, among other tortures. Twice a day, the inmates also force-feed those practitioners who are holding a hunger strike. In October 2001, inmates cruelly beat Dafa practitioner Wang Zhicheng until he passed out, and his kidney, spleen, heart and head were injured. Dafa practitioner Liu Mingjie was tortured until he suffered a mental breakdown.

In late December 2000, Dafa practitioner Chen Qingshan from Maozhangzi Village, Goumenzi Town, Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province was taken by police and held at the No. 2 Detention Center, in Lingyuan City, for over 80 days. The police station extorted 500 Yuan from Chen Qingshan's family, in addition to more than 600 Yuan they demanded as payment for food during his detention. In December 2001, Chen Qingshan was again sent to the No. 2 Detention Center in Lingyuan City and was forced to undergo brainwashing for 15 days. On June 24, 2002, Chen Qingshan was sent to another detention center and held for 15 days. On the seventh day of his detention, Chen Qingshan had difficulty breathing and was diagnosed with allergic asthma. The detention center authority was afraid of being held responsible if he should die and told the police station to take him.

Dafa practitioners Yang Yongli and his wife Yang Fengqin lived in Maozhangzi Village, Goumenzi Town, Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province. Because they practiced Falun Dafa, Yang Yongli was detained once and sentenced to three years of forced labor, and Yang Fengqin was sentenced to two years of forced labor.

Dafa practitioners Li Peicai and his wife Liu Xiushan from Changle County, Shandong Province, went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa in 1999 and were sent back to Masong Town. The authorities extorted 4,400 Yuan from them, their home was ransacked twice and Li Peicai was summarily dismissed from his job.

Ms. Si Bi is a Dafa practitioner of Menggu ethnicity and lived in the Yuanbaoshan District, Chifeng City. She wrote to the government to clarify the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong and as a result, she was arrested and sentenced to three years in prison. On October 15, 2002, she was sent to the No. 1 Female Prison in Huhehaote City. The guards detained her in a solitary confinement cell where several inmates watched, verbally abused and beat her. Later, she was again beaten and tortured daily and was forbidden to sleep. She was on the brink of death after eighteen days of torture, when the perpetrators finally decided to let her get some sleep. Several days later they started another round of torture against her.

Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Wenzhong is a private business owner from the Songshan District, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. Perpetrators from the Songshan District Police Station and from the National Security Bureau frequently persecuted and extorted money from him. On October 28, 2001, police broke into Liu Wenzhong's home and abducted him, his wife and several employees, all of whom are Dafa practitioners. Liu Wenzhong was sentenced to three years of forced labor and is being held at the Wuyuan Labor Camp in the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. Two other Dafa practitioners, Ms. Zhou Zhihui and Chen Huimin were sentenced to three and two years of forced labor respectively and are being held at the Huhehaote City Female Labor Camp in Inner Mongolia AR. Because of Liu Wenzhong's arrest, his shop was forced to close and his more than 20 employees lost their jobs.

Perpetrators and their crimes

In December 2003, Yan Jun, the deputy head of Jianchangying Town's Police Station in the Yuanbaoshan District, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region led roughnecks, including Ju Fengjin and abducted Dafa practitioner and villager Li Shuhua from Group Four in Jianchangying Village. The perpetrators took Li Shuhua, who is in her late 50s, to the Electricity Plant Police Division and savagely tortured her. Yan Jun slapped Li Shuhua's face three times, threw her from one room to another and beat her until her mouth was bleeding.