Latest News from China -- May 2, 2004
- [Changchun, Jilin Province] Steadfast Falun Dafa Practitioners are Tortured in a Brainwashing Center
- [Zhangbei County, Hebei Province] People in A Village Prevent Police From Re-arresting a Dafa Practitioner
- [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Police Interrogate Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Qu Xiaofei and Subject Him to Torture
- [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Cases of Persecution Against Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Song Mengkuai, Su Xia and Dou Pingjun Taken to the Xingtai Brainwashing Center
- [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Police Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioner Wang Tongchun And Five Other Practitioners
- [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Wang Yan And His Wife Li Yueran Are Arrested
- [Baoqing County, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wu Dongsheng is Arrested and Taken to the Qixing Farm Brainwashing Center at the Jiansanjiang Agricultural Administrative Bureau
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Cui Hongwei Is Sentenced to a 13-Year Prison Term
- [Baoqing County, Heilongjiang Province] Police in Baoqing's No. Two Prison Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners Using Cruel Methods
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ms. Zhang Li, Ms. Wang Yuzhuo And Others Are Cruelly Tortured in the Harbin Female Prison
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Policemen Persecute Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Huarong is Arrested
- [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] A Falun Dafa Material Site in Zhaozhou County Has Been Destroyed
- 15. [Qingyuan City, Guangdong Province] Seventy-one-year Old Falun Dafa Practitioner, Ms. Huang Qiumei, Is Brutally Tortured by the Police
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan province] Searching for Falun Dafa Practitioner, Mr. Wang Wuxing, Who Has Disappeared During the Persecution
- [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Searching for Practitioners from the City, who have Disappeared after Going to Beijing to Appeal for Falun Gong
1. [Changchun, Jilin Province] Steadfast Falun Dafa Practitioners are Tortured in a Brainwashing Center
The "610 Office" (1) of Changchun City set up a brainwashing center, where steadfast Falun Dafa practitioners are being tortured. It is located near the Dongrong Tollgate at zero kilometers of the Jilin-Changchun highway. The authorities sent all recently arrested steadfast Dafa practitioners and those who had served their forced labor term, but still stood firm in their belief in Falun Dafa, to this center. Practitioners were subjected to inhuman torture methods to force them to renounce their belief. We learned that Falun Dafa practitioners Zhang Zongyu, Li Wei and a practitioner, whose name is not known at present, became paralyzed due to the severe torture they received at this brainwashing center. In spite of this, the "610 Office" authorities refuse to release them and continue to torture the practitioners.
2. [Zhangbei County, Hebei Province] People in A Village Prevent Police From Re-arresting a Dafa Practitioner
Recently, Zhangbei County Police Department authorities in Hebei Province, drove to Yuanqianchang Village in four police vehicles to arrest Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Cuiping. Ms. Li had recently walked out of the place where she was being detained using her righteous thoughts. In a show of support, all the people of this village arrived and blocked the streets making it impossible for the police to take Li Cuiping with them.
3. [Tonghua City, Jilin Province] Police Interrogate Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Qu Xiaofei and Subject Him to Torture
At the end of March 2004, Laozhan Police Station police, Tonghua City, Jilin Province arrested Falun Dafa practitioner Qu Xiaofei from Tonghua City, Jilin Province, while he was repairing a storeroom at his home. The police confiscated Qu's house key from his pocket and let themselves into his home where they ransacked it. The police then took Qu Xiaofei away without proper legal procedure. At the police station, Qu was beaten all night long and on the following day he was sent to the Dongchang Police Department, where he was also tortured and interrogated. Qu Xiaofei suffered the torture without saying a word. Because of the severe torture, it was learned that Qu is unable to eat and move.
4. [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Cases of Persecution Against Falun Dafa Practitioners
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhou Yusong is a village accountant of Sanyi Township, Pengzhou City. While distributing Grain Tax delivery receipts from the government, he wrote on the cards "Please remember Falun Dafa is good." More than one hundred village households accepted it gladly. However his cousins Zhou Yumin and Zhou Yuwei, and another town resident refused to accept the receipt and instead reported him to the "610 Office." Under pressure from the City level "610 Office" authorities, the Sanyi Township's "610 Office" authorities were planning to arrest and persecute Zhou Yusong. As a result, he was forced to leave home in order to avoid their plans to arrest and persecute him for his belief in Falun Dafa.
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Mianbao of Junping, Pengzhou City, was arrested by the police and sentenced to three years forced labor. Because the forced labor camp refused to accept him, he is now being held at the Pengzhou City Detention Center. The "610 Office" staff wanted to find his source of the Falun Dafa materials. Therefore, they subjected Zhang to torture on the "Tiger Bench" (2) in order to obtain the information.
Practitioner Chen Liqing of Pengzhou City failed to uphold his Xinxing (3) and gave out information about other practitioners. This resulted in a 60-year old female Dafa practitioner, with the surname of Mao and practitioner Deng Changjiu being arrested.
Luo Yuncai, Head of the Shengping Township, Pengzhou City: 86-13980455606 (Cell phone)
Wu Bangfu, Head of the Shiqiao Village Public Security Team
5. [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Song Mengkuai, Su Xia and Dou Pingjun Taken to the Xingtai Brainwashing Center
Recently, police from various police stations in Shahe City harassed and arrested Falun Dafa practitioners in their respective jurisdictions. Two of the arrested Falun Dafa practitioners were known to be Mr. Song Mengkuai of Shangxian Village, Zanshan Office, and Ms. Su Xia of Xincheng Township. Both have been sent to the Xingtai brainwashing center.
In the evening of April 26, 2004, the officials, in collusion with the Shiliting Police Station, arrested Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Dou Pingjun and sent him to the Xingtai brainwashing center.
6. [Songyuan City, Jilin Province] Police Arrest Falun Dafa Practitioner Wang Tongchun And Five Other Practitioners
A few days ago, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Tongchun was under surveillance while delivering Falun Dafa materials. He was arrested at his home. An additional Falun Dafa practitioner, a 60-year-old named Zhang, who lived on the fifth floor, was also arrested. Four other practitioners were arrested at the same time.
7. [Baoding City, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Wang Yan And His Wife Li Yueran Are Arrested
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Yan is a policeman from the Taihang Prison, Hebei Province. In mid February 2004, policemen from the Baoding City Police Bureau and the police sub-bureaus of the subordinate cities and districts went around showing a photo of a person wearing police uniform and claimed that the person in the photo was an escapee from the prison. The policemen used this ruse as an excuse to interrogate Falun Dafa practitioners and search their homes. The area around Houtun of the Xinshi District in Baoding City was their main focus. Policeman Zhang Changlin led others to interrogate the local residents and conduct door-to-door searches. The police deployed a large number of policemen around the train station and plain-clothes policemen could be seen everywhere. Finally the Baoding Police Bureau mobilized more than one hundred policemen and forty police cars to arrest Falun Dafa practitioner Wang Yan and his wife Li Yueran. The couple is currently being held at the Baoding Detention Center.
Zhang Changlin: Head of the National Security Division of the Xinshi District, Baoding City, formerly the head of the Political and Security Section of the Xinshi District Police Sub-bureau
Address: The No. Five Building, Police Sub-bureau Dormitory, Kangxin Residential Area, Xinshi District, Baoding City, Hebei Province; Tel: 86-312-3218413(Home)
8. [Baoqing County, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wu Dongsheng is Arrested and Taken to the Qixing Farm Brainwashing Center at the Jiansanjiang Agricultural Administrative Bureau
Authorities from the No. 597 State Farm Police Bureau of Baoqing County, Heilongjiang Province, arrested Dafa practitioner Ms. Wu Dongsheng for exposing the facts of the persecution on the Internet. She was taken to the Qixing State Farm Brainwashing Center located at the Jiansanjiang Agricultural Administrative Bureau. The head of the No. 597 State Farm already bears responsibility for torturing two Falun Dafa practitioners to death. He bribed authorities to get them to accept Ms. Wu into the brainwashing center. Now Ms. Wu Dongsheng has been detained for more than a year. In order to resist the persecution against her, Ms. Wu Dongsheng began a hunger strike on July 3, 2003.
On June 6, 2003 the brainwashing center sent Ms. Wu to Qindeli State Farm detention center. She was locked into a one-meter wide dark cell for solitary confinement. The cell is kept pitch dark around the clock. After being detained in solitiary confinement in such a tiny cell Ms. Wu was transferred to Qianjin State Farm detention center. She began a hunger strike on the fifth day of her detention. On the eleventh day of her hunger strike she was taken back to the Qixing State Farm brainwashing center.
This brainwashing center's staff is even more vicious than those at the detention center. Falun Dafa practitioners were routinely beaten and tortured. Ms. Wu was force fed and injected with unknown drugs.
Telephone numbers of persons related to persecution of Falun Dafa:
Bao Jun, Director of the "610 Office" of the Jiansanjiang Agricultural Administrative Bureau.
Huang Shuxiang, Director of the "610 Office" of Qixing State Farm in Jiansanjiang Agricultural Administrative Bureau.
Brainwashing Center in Qixing State Farm of Jiansanjiang Agricultural Administrative Bureau: 86-469-5794924.
Sun Naisheng, Head of the No. 597 State Farm in Baoqing County, Heilongjiang
86-469-5059024(Office), 86-469-5059889 (Home).
Chen Jianfu, Secretary of the Political and Legal Commission of the No. 597
86-469-5059414(Office), 86-469-5059414 (Home).
Zhu Shaokun, Director of the Police Bureau of the No. 597 State Farm:
Du Xiaolin, Head of the Police Station of the No. 597 State Farm:
86-469-5059005 (Office),86-469-5059575 (Home).
9. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Cui Hongwei Is Sentenced to a 13-Year Prison Term
On April 22, 2003, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Cui Hongwei was arrested by Shuangyashan Police Department authorities. Because Mr. Cui produced matierials which explained the facts of the persecution against Falun Dafa, he was given a heavy sentence of 13 years in prison during a secret trial and taken to Mudanjiang Prison. While in prison he requested the right for all detained Falun Dafa practitioners to be able to practice their exercises. However, the request was rejected and he was severely tortured in retaliation. The police did not allow him to contact anyone, write letters or make phone calls. He was under surveillance by specially designated people and was forced to do extra heavy manual labor. He was given food of the poorest quality, such as steamed corn bread and boiled rotten cabbage. Mr. Cui is suffering from cruel physical and psychological torture.
10. [Baoqing County, Heilongjiang Province] Police in Baoqing's No. Two Prison Torture Falun Dafa Practitioners Using Cruel Methods
At the end of 2001 and the beginning of 2002, the head of the Baoqing No. Two Prison in Heilongjiang Province and the police guards under order by the Baoqing County "610 Office" authorities, cruelly tortured Falun Dafa practitioners in their facility. The methods used included repeated face slapping, hanging up by handcuffs (5), forced sitting on a "tiger bench," being deprived of the right to use the toilet, force feeding and chaining several Falun Dafa practitioners together or shackling practitioners to the legs of a bed.
11. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ms. Zhang Li, Ms. Wang Yuzhuo And Others Are Cruelly Tortured in the Harbin Female Prison
Falun Dafa practitioners illegally detained at the Harbin Female Prison, Harbin City, Ms. Wang Yuzhuo and Ms. Lou Weiming still have not been seen at the manual labor site. These two practitioners are forced to awake at 5 a.m. and return to their cell by 10 p.m. During the day the two are forced to sit on a small bench facing the wall. They are required to sit straight with their hands on top of their knees and not allowed to make any movement. If the guards deem any movement has been made, the are punished by being forced to stand in place for a long period of time or be hung up from the ceiling beam by their handcuffs, with only toes touching the ground, sometimes even higher. Practitioners who are assigned to do manual labor have to begin work at 5 a.m. and work until 9:30 p.m. They must be in bed by 10 p.m.. At each meal, regular criminals are given a bowl of rice, but Falun Gong practitioners are only permitted half a bowl of rice.
Besides torturing Falun Gong practitioners physically the police also extort money from the practitioners' family members, which they claim, are for living expenses. The "living expense" in the prison is set at four hundred yuan (6) a person per month. The families are not allowed to send any change of clothes, therefore, the practitioners are forced to buy their necessities from the prison store at very high prices. The police justified this corrupt practice by saying: "Ours is a cash based society." Here are some examples.
A bar of soap at a market price of one yuan costs six to seven yuan in the prison. Two small fish cost thirty yuan. It appears to be nice that practitioners can buy food and have meals together with one's family. However, the total time they are permitted to visit, including ordering meals and having a chat cannot exceed 20 minutes. When visiting family members come from a distance of thousands of kilometers, they have to wait until they are cleared, to assure that they are actual family members and that they do not practice Falun Gong. Only then are they allowed to see their loved ones, often for no more than ten minutes. Also, Falun Gong practitioners who either completed the prison term or whose term is almost over frequently not released or transferred to another prison or labor camp if they still refuse to renounce their belief in Falun Dafa.
Address of the Harbin Female Prison:
No. 387 Xuefu Road, Nangang District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province.
Zhang Li is now detained at the No. Two Prison-administrative Area
Wang Yuzhuo is held at the No. Nine Prison-administrative Area
Lou Weiming is locked in the No. One Prison-administrative Area.
Xun Fengjie and some others were held at the Division of Assembling for training. It is not known at this time if they were transferred to the prison-administrative area.
12. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Policemen Persecute Falun Dafa Practitioners
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Feng Guiying is a resident of 13th Group, 12th Committee, Lingdong District, Shuangyashan City. She attained Falun Dafa in 1996. Her husband had contracted senile dementia (7) and his mind was not rational, however, through studying the Falun Dafa teachings and practicing the exercises his health was restored. Since July 20, 1999, when the Chinese government began to crack down on Falun Gong the local policemen Li Xinguo and Qu Yanhui went to Dafa practitioners' home to harass them. They confiscated Ms. Feng Guiying's Dafa books, exercises tapes and personal ID Card. The policemen arrested Ms. Feng and another practitioner Wang Shuxia, and took them to the Beishan Police Station to force them to give up their belief in Falun Gong. The two practitioners told the policemen, "We have not done anything wrong, we live our lives according to the principle of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance" and try to be a good people.
The current head of Beishan Police Station Li Yanmin forced rookie policemen to go to Falun Gong practitioners' home to ask for signatures and photographs. However, these trainees failed to obtain any of these so Chief Li Yanmin flew into a rage and shouted insults, "If you fail to collect these items you will lose your jobs! These rookie policemen were in tears. On May 3, 2003 they went to search Ms. Feng Guiying's home, but did not find anything. Therefore, they took Ms. Feng to the Beishan Police Station. They tried to force her to write a guarantee statement. In the afternoon on the same day Qu Yanhui from the Beishan Police Station colluded with the Director of the Neighborhood Committee Zhang Haiying and three others. They carried an aged female Falun Dafa practitioner, named Chen Shuyun, against her will to the police car and took her to the Shuangyashan Detention Center, where they kept her for one year.
Telephone numbers of the people involved in the persecution of Falun Dafa:
Beishan Police Station: 86-469-4381219
Li Yanmin: Head of the station
Qu Yanhui: section policeman
Zhang Haiying: Neighborhood Committee
Zhongshan Police Station: 86-469-4381312
Teng Yunlong: Head of the station
Cao Zhenzhuang, Wang bin, Zhao Yuying and Bai Xiaodong: section policemen
Nanshan Police Station: 86-469-4381271
Yi Guochen: Head of the station
Bai Yuming, Zhang Zhaolai and Wang Jun: section policeman
13. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Wang Huarong is Arrested
Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Huarong from the Yiyuan Residential Area in Ranghu Road, Daqing City, is a staff member at the Teacher's Training Center. She was arrested at home on April 29, 2004 and further details surrounding this incident are under investigation.
Telephone Numbers of the people related to the persecution of Falun Dafa:
Deputy Head of the Yiyuan Police Station of Daqing City: 86-459-5192195,
Head of the Yiyuan Police Station of Daqing City: 86-459-5192196.
The On-duty Office of the Yiyuan Police Station of Daqing City:
14. [Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province] A Falun Dafa Material Site in Zhaozhou County Has Been Destroyed
Around April 25, 2004, a Falun Dafa material site in Zhaozhou County was destroyed and the direct loss was over eight thousand yuan. This included personal savings, computer and printer. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Xiuping was arrested.
Telephone numbers of the units that related to persecution of Falun Dafa:
Zhaozhou County House of Detention, Daqing City: 86-459-8522861.
Zhaozhou County Detention Center, Daqing City: 86-459-8523758.
Zhaozhou County Committee "610 Office," Daqing City: 86-459-8532412.
15. [Qingyuan City, Guangdong Province] Seventy-one-year Old Falun Dafa Practitioner, Ms. Huang Qiumei, Is Brutally Tortured by the Police
On October 11, 2003, when Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Huang Qiumei went to clarify the truth. She was reported by the person who is in charge of a nursing home in Yuantan. Within half an hour Li Wenhai, Xie Zebo, Gan Shan and others arrested Huang Qiumei and sent her to the detention center, where the old lady was punched and kicked. Her hands and legs were cuffed with six thick iron chains. It is really inhuman to torture a defenseless, kindly 71-year old female practitioner. She was detained for more than one month. Her thigh was hurt as a result of being kicked and her lower back was also injured.
16. [Zhengzhou City, Henan province] Searching for Falun Dafa Practitioner, Mr. Wang Wuxing, Who Has Disappeared During the Persecution
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Wuxing, originally from Zhengzhou City, Henan province, participated in the press conference of both Chinese and foreign journalists in Beijing at the end of October 1999. He disappeared on October 28, 1999. His whereabouts are still unknown.
17. [Shenzhou City, Hebei Province] Searching for Practitioners from the City, who have Disappeared after Going to Beijing to Appeal for Falun Gong
Since July 20, 1999, the Jiang regime mobilized all the media in the county to assist in the persecution of Falun Gong and deprived practitioners of their constitutional rights of freedom of speech and to appeal injustice. In order to uphold the lawful rights of the citizens given by the Constitution and to protect Dafa and the innocence of the Teacher, practitioners in Shenzhou City traveled to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. More than thousand practitioners traveled to Beijing. There are two practitioners who disappeared on their way to Beijing. They were Ms. Li Xianghong and Ms. Da Gai. In 1999, Ms. Li Xianghong was 36 years old and employed at the laboratory of the Shenzhou City Hospital. She is 1.70 metres tall and holds a university degree. On July 22, 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. At that time, Police guarded all roads to Beijing around the clock. Thus, Ms. Li Xianghong had to walk across the cropland. She disappeared about one hundred kilometers from Baoding City. Her whereabouts are unknown. Her family unsuccessfully searched for her in Baoding and Beijing. Another practitioner who also disappeared is Ms. Da Gai, 55 years old, and a farmer from Shaofu Village, Bingcao Township, Shenzhou City. She went to Beijing to appeal for Falun gong during the summer of 2000, was separated from and lost touch with other fellow practitioners. Her family looked for her a few times but failed to find any trace of her whereabouts. These tragedies have resulted from the complete disregard of the Chinese constitution and the law, as well as the inhuman persecution of Falun Gong practitioners by Jiang and his political group. Da Gai's family is longing for her safe return.
(1) "610 Office": A bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches.
(2) "Tiger Bench": Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall. Practitioners' knees are tightly tied on the small bench -- "Tiger Bench." He has to sit straight up with his eyes looking straight ahead. His hands are tied on the back or sometimes placed on his knees. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioners. Lower legs or ankles to increase the pain of the torture (see illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html).
(3) The nature of the mind or the heart, moral character
(4) Law and principles of the Universe
(5) With both hands cuffed, both feet off or only toes touching the ground
(6) Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 yuan
(7) Deterioration of intellectual faculties, such as memory, concentration, and judgment, resulting from an organic disease or a disorder of the brain. It is often accompanied by emotional disturbance and personality changes.