Latest News from China - April 26, 2004
- [Xinhuang County, Hunan Province] Practitioners Yang Xiuming and Zhang Shiliang are in Critical Condition
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Gao Yaxian is Brutally Tortured in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Officers from the Waitoushan Police Precinct Beat up Practitioner Liu Juan
- [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Zhao Yuliang is Arrested from Home
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Arrest of Practitioner Wang Yuqing
- [Dengzhou City, Henan Province] Practitioner Zhang Fengzhou is Arrested Again
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Incident of Practitioner Liu Jianrong Falling From Third Floor After Being Arrested is Under Investigation
- [Inner Mongolia AR] Personnel from the Yakeshi Woods Bureau Intimidate Subordinate Units and Schools into Signing Banners Stating they Are Against Falun Dafa
- [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Detailed Information Regarding Dafa Practitioner Deng Changjiu's Arrest by Police
1. [Xinhuang County, Hunan Province] Practitioners Yang Xiuming and Zhang Shiliang are in Critical Condition
Policemen from Yuping County's National Security , Guizhou Province, arrested practitioner Yang Xiuming from Xinhuang County, Hunan Province. Practitioner Yang Xiuming has been held in Yuping County's Detention Center for almost a year. Personnel from Xinhuang County's Police Department arrested another practitioner, Zhang Shiliang, and held this person at the Xinhuang County Detention Center as well. These two practitioners have been on a hunger strike for more than 20 days to protest their illegal detention. Currently, they are thought to be in critical condition.
2. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Gao Yaxian is Brutally Tortured in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Practitioner Ms. Gao Yaxian, 47 years old, an employee from the Shenyang City Hospital, was arrested on March 20, 2004, and sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Because she firmly refused to renounce her belief in Falun Dafa, she was beaten savagely and tortured with many kinds of torture devices. The beatings and torture disabled her rendering her unable to walk. These brutal policemen beat and tortured her while demanding she tell them whether or not she would continue to practice Falun Dafa. Gao Yaxian replied that she would rather die than give up her practice of Falun Dafa and living by the principles of Truth-Compassion-Tolerance. As a result of refusing to renounce her belief, Gao Yaxian is still being subjected to torture in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
Dai Xiaohong, the female division chief in the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, 86-24-89210454
3. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Officers from the Waitoushan Police Precinct Beat up Practitioner Liu Juan
During the afternoon of April 7, 2004, officers from Waitoushan Police Precinct arrested practitioner Ms. Liu Juan from Sandaohe Village, Benxi City. Once at the police precinct, many policemen beat her up and shocked her with electric batons. Her upper front teeth became loose from the beating and blood covered her body. Now Liu Juan is being held in Benxi City's Ajialing Detention Center.
Related Telephone numbers:
Benxi City's Waitoushan Police Precinct: 86-414-5610918
Sandaohe Village of Benxi City: 86-414-2640100
4. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Zhao Yuliang is Arrested from Home
At around 11:00 a.m. on April 9, 2004, approximately 20 police officers arrested practitioner Zhao Yuliang of Qiaotou from Benxi City. The arresting officers came from the Qiaotou Community Office, the Qiaotou Police Precinct, the Waitoushan Police Precinct, and Benxi City's Police Department. They also confiscated one thousand yuan from Zhao (1). Zhao Yuliang is now being held in the city's Ajialing Detention Center without proper legal procedure and in violation of citizens' rights that are protected in the Chinese constitution.
Related phone numbers:
Qiaotou Police Precinct: 86-414-2636232
Waitoushan Police Precinct: 86-414-5610918
5. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Arrest of Practitioner Wang Yuqing
At around 7:00 p.m. on April 23, 2004, six policemen from the Haizhu District, Guangzhou City, headed by Pan Chunlan and Su, came to Dafa practitioner, Ms. Wang Yuqing's home and threatened that they would arrest her. Wang and her family members didn't open the door. However, the policemen broke into the room through the windows and forcibly took Wang away in violation of the law.
Wang Yuqing was detained in several places starting with, Haizhu District's Detention Center, Guangzhou City's Chatou Female Forced Labor Camp, Haizhu District's Brainwashing Program and finally was forced into Guangzhou City's Brainwashing Program, from December 1999 to mid-autumn (August 15 in the lunar calendar) of 2003. It is known that prior to her recent arrest, Wang had applied for her passport. After making several phone calls, the personnel in charge of passport applications in Haizhu District's Police Department told Wang she would not be able to get a passport. When Wang Yuqing asked for the reason, the person said the reason was on order from Guangzhou City's Police Department. He gave Wang a phone number and told Wang to call it and obtain more detailed information from a person with last name of Ye. Wang called that number, but the number was not valid. Wang Yuqing's arrest has worried her family.
Practitioners known to be illegally held in Guangzhou City's Brainwashing Program include, Tan Shaowei, Ms. Zou Yuyuyun, Si Bing, Xie Yan, Ms. Wu Xiuhua, Luo Jiangying, and others.
Telephone number of the "Legal Institution School": Li Xuezhen 86-20-81730648; Education Department Administration: 86-20-81730646
6. [Dengzhou City, Henan Province] Practitioner Zhang Fengzhou is Arrested Again
On January 18, 2004, a group of police officers from Gaoji Township's Police Precinct arrested practitioner Mr. Zhang Fengzhou, a 58-year-old farmer, at his home in Dengzhou City, Henan Province and searched his home. Police seized all Falun Dafa books, materials that explained the facts of the persecution, his bank deposit book, crop certificates (1), his son's VCD player, TV set, and other personal property. Mr. Zhang Fengzhou went on a hunger strike for 18 days to protest the persecution against him and police force-fed him. After his family's continual pleas and paying sums of money to the police, Zhang was released. Over a month ago he was arrested again. He is currently being held in Dengzhou City's Detention Center where he is being subjected to maltreatment. More details of his situation are currently under investigation.
Dengzhou City Police Department personnel in charge of programs to persecute
Falun Gong: Wang Jingmin: 86-13503901878 (cell phone)
Gaoji Township's Police Precinct chief: Zhang Yong
7. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Incident of Practitioner Liu Jianrong Falling From Third Floor After Being Arrested, is Under Investigation
On the afternoon of April 7, 2004, practitioners Liu Jianrong and Ms. Feng Yanqin of the Ninth Branch Farm in Tanghai County, Tangshan City were deceived into coming to the ninth branch of the police precinct under false pretenses. After that they were sent to Tanghai County's Police Department. At 6:40 p.m., Liu Jianrong fell from the third floor in the police department building and was severely injured. He suffered from a compound fracture of the pelvis and left arm and required surgery for a ruptured spleen. According to the police' account of the incident, they claimed Liu Jianrong wanted to leave and fell from the building when police tried to detain him. After his fall, Liu was in a coma and did not regain consciousness till April 9. Now Liu is in the ICU of the city's 255 Hospital. Police have posted a guard outside the ward. The complete details of this incident remain unclear and are being investigated further.
The whereabouts of Feng Yanqin are currently unknown.
8. [Inner Mongolia AR] Personnel from the Yakeshi Woods Bureau Intimidate Subordinate Units and Schools into Signing Banners Stating They are Against Falun Dafa
In the beginning of April 2004, Yakeshi Woods Bureau's "610 Office" sent down an order to subordinate units and schools requiring them to buy red fabric for employees and students to sign had to sign their names stating they were against Falun Dafa.
On April 17, 2004, Dafa practitioner Liu Aihua and Liu Guirong were both arrested. They are currently being detained at the Woods Police Department Detention Center. Several Dafa practitioners' houses were illegally searched and their families harassed by the authorities.
Persons in charge:
The Party Committee/Sengong Group/Woods Management Bureau
Meng Geng, associate secretary: 86-470-7429818(H)
Lin Haiqing, "610 Office" chief: 86-470-7429569(H)
Liu Zhenyu, a brainwashing class staff: 86-470-7429255(H)
9. [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Detailed Information Regarding Dafa Practitioner Deng Changjiu's Arrest by Police
Mr. Deng Changjiu from Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province was arrested from home at about 11:00 p.m. on April 21, 2004. The perpetrators were officials from Pengzhou City, Aoping Town Government and the Nanyang Town Government, Yang Yanfa, secretary for Qunbo Village in Nanyang Town and local police precinct officers.
A group of approximately ten policemen driving in several police vehicles were involved in the arrest. The officers included policeman Gong Baijiang who is between 30 and 40 years old. Others policemen's names are unknown. Deng Changjiu's wife became so distraught that she fainted. At 2:00 a.m., after arresting Deng Changjiu, policemen secretly searched Deng's house. Without showing any search warrant, six policemen ransacked the house while taking pictures. They confiscated two of Master's photos, his latest articles and other Falun Dafa materials. They threatened Liao Guofang, Deng Changjiu's wife, to sign a document but Liao Guofang refused to cooperate with them. At last she could not help crying and then the officers left in four police vehicles.
In order to avoid being arrested, Deng Changjiu was forced to leave home at the end of July 2002. He insisted on explaining the facts about the persecution of Falun Dafa to the public. This time as he went back home he was arrested. Presently, this is the busiest time in the growing season. His wife has to take care of their 12-year-old child. They have no one to help them with the crops and other farm work which has caused the family to be placed in a difficult situation.
(1) Crop Certificate: A certificate or type of promissory note a farmer receives when they sell their crop yield to the government who does not have money to pay them at the time of the purchase.