(Clearwisdom.net) The Yingkou City No. 1 Detention Center in Liaoning Province has been illegally detaining Falun Gong (Falun Dafa) practitioners for quite a few years, and is carrying out inhumane tortures against them. Many Dafa practitioners were maimed as a result of torture, including 38-year-old Li Wei. The common criminal inmates used tin-snips to cut both of his nipples off. Falun Gong practitioners were routinely tortured and beaten. Their physical and mental health was constantly under threat. They were also forced to perform prolonged hard labor. Sometimes they were not allowed to sleep in order to work overtime through the night.

Even though the detention center director was replaced, the torture and ill treatment of Falun Dafa practitioners still continue.

Li Wei was abducted and brought to the detention center in July 2003. He was subjected to such tortures as being bound to a bed, wearing shackles and being gagged, and being beaten by guards and inmates. These tortures resulted in multiple injuries to his chest and head. His lower limbs and kneecaps were swollen. His eyesight deteriorated to the point that his vision was constantly blurred by a layer of brown mucus. The regular criminal inmates, the prison doctors and guards frequently verbally abused Mr. Li, in attempt to harm him psychologically. He suffered headaches, unbearable chest pains and pressure, and acute anxiety syndrome during his detention. Often he remained awake at night and was forcefully sent to the hospital for the so-called "physical examinations" and "medical treatment." At times Mr. Li lost the ability to take care of himself.

The inmates often humiliated Li Wei for fun. They rubbed pepper oil into his eyes, nostrils and genital areas. They hit his eyes with their palms and slammed the back of his head against the wall. After Li Wei lost consciousness, two inmates would lift him up, and then throw him onto the floor several times to wake him up. They kicked and stepped on his genitals, and cruelly cut off his nipples with tin-snips. They also cut other areas of his body, including his scrotum, causing pus and blood to seep all over his pants.

The inmates tortured Mr. Li by pouring a pot of boiling water onto his body causing scalding on his chest and abdomen. They also burned his hands and feet with cigarette lighters. Li Wei was also forced to do hard labor at the detention center. Later, he was sentenced to three years of suspended detention.

Falun Gong practitioner Wang Jinbao, in his 40's, was arrested and taken to the Yingkou No. 1 Detention Center in 2002. He persisted in doing the Falun Gong exercises at the center, and he went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. Because of this, he was brutally beaten. Mr. Wang was also tortured by being bound to a bed for nearly half a month, and he was severely injured both mentally and physically. Later, he developed traumatic pleura membrane inflammation (inflammation of the chest cavity lining) because of the beatings, and his life was in danger. This critical condition resulted in Mr. Wang receiving daily IV infusions for several months. Nevertheless, Mr. Wang was later sentenced to ten years in prison.

Geng Caibin, 62, was arrested and taken to the detention center in June 2003. The guards lashed him with leather belts because he persisted in practicing the Falun Gong exercises at the detention center. His body had many patches of bruises caused by this beating. He was also forced to work late into the night with very little sleep, yet because of his injuries he could only complete half of his work quota. Mr. Geng was forced to substitute for others at night. Later, he was sentenced to five years in prison.

Geng Chunlong, 32, was brought to the detention center in July 2003. They bound him to a bed for two days. A guard named Luo threatened him numerous times, "If you still do not obey us, we will keep you bound to the bed." Mr. Geng had not brought much clothing and food with him when he was taken to the detention center. Each time he asked for some help from other practitioners, the guards denied his request. Mr. Geng was later sentenced to ten years in prison.

After becoming aware of the dire situation of several practitioners, a woman Falun Gong practitioner offered to buy some shirts and pants for them. Her offers were also rejected by the guards.

List of Perpetrators (guards and criminal inmates):

Director of the Yingkou No. 1 Detention Center: Zhu Yingjie
Deputy Director: Jiang (given name not known)
Instructor: Ren Zhaoyun

Several of the inmate perpetrators:

Shan Shirui, Jia Guofeng, Su Sheng, Guo Xiaoming, Xue Feng, Ma Zeqi, Ren Xiaodong, Wang Zaogang, Yu Wenbai, Huang Baodu, Wang Zhenjia, Zhang Xiaohui, Pang Haiwei.