Facts of the Persecution

--Mr. Li Zhenjun was a Ninghe County TV News host in Tianjin City. His wife Wang Huijuan was an elementary school teacher in the Lutai No.1 Elementary School in Ninghe County. They were both sent to labor camps many times for practicing Falun Dafa. Wang Huijuan has now been sentenced to seven years of prison and Li has been sentenced to four years of prison. They had to leave their 10-year-old child and their elderly parents at home unattended. Police confiscated 10,000 Yuan from their home, and their child has been left with no tuition for school [Yuan is the Chinese currency; the average monthly pay of an urban worker is 500 yuan].

--Falun Dafa practitioners, Mr. Yang Bo and his wife Lou Yuqing, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa in November 2000, and were abducted, sent back to the Harbin City No.2 Detention Center, and detained for two months. They had 5,000 Yuan extorted from them before they were released. After November 2002, Mr. Yang Bo was abducted and detained for another nine months. During these nine months, his wife was arrested and held in the Police Station for 24 hours. In August 2003, despite the fact that Mr. Yang had just returned home, he was again arrested and was sent to the Wanjia Labor Camp for a two-year sentence in November 2003.

--Cases of Falun Dafa practitioners persecuted in Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province:

Mr. Xuan Guoshun, age 49, was arrested in July 2003 for passing out truth-clarifying materials. He was sentenced to two years of labor camp. While imprisoned in the labor camp, four criminal prisoners took turns beating him up with bed boards, which caused him difficulties in breathing and walking.

Mr. Shi Baodong, age 38, was sent to labor camp for two years in February 2000 because he went to Beijing to appeal. He was detained in the Fuxin Labor Camp first, then transferred to the Fushun Labor Camp, and the Jinxi Labor Camp. He suffered inhuman torture. He walked out of the Jinxi Labor Camp in a dignified manner and with his righteous thoughts. Mr. Shi went to Beijing again in April 2002, but was arrested in Tiananmen Square, and was detained at the Jinzhou Labor Camp.

Mr. Hu Fengkui, age 63, was arrested on his way to Beijing to appeal in September 2002. He was sentenced to three years of labor camp, and endured numerous forms of torture. Due to the beatings and torture, he now needs others' help when walking.

--Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Li Fengrong, was formerly an employee of Qingyun Middle School in Yanshan County, Hebei Province. She went to Beijing to appeal after July 20, 1999, and was taken back by her employer to a detention center. She had high blood pressure after three days of detention, and was then released. Police often harassed her at home, arrested her and took her to brainwashing classes whenever there was a sensitive period. She was fired from her job. She went to clarify the truth to "610 Office" head Wang Taichang, who was her old schoolmate and was from the same hometown [the "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong with absolute authority over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems]. However, Wang called the police, and had her arrested. She escaped from the station with righteous thoughts. Police are looking all over for her, and have checked her friends and family, and relatives' homes.

--Falun Dafa practitioner, Wang Yongfeng, from Wenjiang County, Sichuan Province was detained, and had money extorted from her many times because she kept her faith in "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance." She was tortured, forced to work, forced to stand under the baking sun, and beaten brutally. The villains threatened her, saying, "You are not allowed to go to Beijing, otherwise your daughter will no longer be able to teach" (her daughter is a teacher).

--Ever since July 20, 1999, when Jiang and his regime started persecuting Falun Dafa, police from the Beigang Town Substation of Fusong County, Baishan City, Jilin Province have constantly harassed Falun Dafa practitioners, ransacked their homes, and beaten up practitioners. On one occasion, Falun Dafa practitioner, Mr. Li Zongyun from Puchunhe Village, was hit heavily with handcuffs on his head several times by police. This caused his head to bleed, and the blood covered his body and the ground. He was beaten up by criminal prisoners later in the detention center, and his rib fractured. It became very painful for him to breathe. However, he was still forced to work under such conditions. Currently, he has been forced to become destitute and homeless in order to avoid being wrongfully arrested at home. His wife is also a Falun Dafa practitioner, and was sentenced to three years of labor camp. She is now detained in the Heizuizi Labor Camp in Changchun. They have had to leave their 10-year-old son and two parents, both in their 60s, at home unattended.