Facts of the Persecution

[Henyang City, Hunan Province] Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Liu Shuanquan was arrested on January 17, 2001 and detained at the First Detention Center of Henyang City for 16 months. Although he was forced to work all day long he was not allowed to sleep. When they discovered him asleep, they slapped him on the mouth with slippers and poked his thigh with tooth picks. They burned him with cigarettes, and poured cold water on him on cold winter days. They continuously beat and kicked him. He not only is being given minimal food, but is also being fed with pig food. The torture he suffered atrophied his muscles and both his legs became crippled. He weighed over 150 pounds before being detained and now he has lost all excess weight and more. He has become emaciated. Only when he was near death did the detention center send him to a hospital for treatment.

[Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] On February 26 the "610 Office" (1) and Xinghua Police Station in Xijiazhuang secretly transferred Dafa practitioner Ms. Yu Jingxia from the Second Hospital of Hebei Province to the Army Academy in Xijiazhuang. Although she hadn't recovered from surgery she was persecuted. To protest her unlawful arrest and subsequent detention, Yu Jinxia went on a hunger strike. Her wounds became infected and oozing pus, which resulted in a fever. Her doctor warned that her life would be in great danger once the pus formed at the surgical incision and she developed a high fever.

[Sichuan Province] At Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp, Falun Dafa practitioners are forced to work daily for over 10 hours. Dafa practitioners are suffering different kinds of torture, including standing-up for prolonged periods of time, pushing practitioners' body against walls, solitary cell confinement, food deprivation, inhuman beatings, hitting with electric batons, handcuffing, water cage confinement and being forbidden to use the restroom. They even tie up practitioners with ropes and drag them for 200 meters. Sometimes practitioners were dragged to the bodily waste disposal holes in restrooms, and at other times they were dragged to the edge of ditches. Some practitioners' heads were slammed against a wall. Others were hurt seriously around the low back or chest, causing bloody vomit for over half a month. Another torture method is tying practitioners' legs in the double lotus position for days. Practitioner Shuai Huilang's legs became weak. Other methods include solitary cell confinement and crouching in a military position for prolonged time, while holding the hands above the head.

[Changsha City, Hunan Province] Su Bilian, a 55-year-old employee of Telecom Agency, was arrested at her home on December 8, 2000. She was sentenced to one-year of imprisonment and sent to Baimalong Labor Camp in Zhuzhou, 28 days after her arrest. She remained, during her internment, steadfast in her belief in Falun Dafa. She was hung up with cuffs, hit and poked with electric batons with drill bits attached. Her wounds are still noticeable. She went on a long hunger strike to protest the persecution of innocent Falun Dafa practitioners and was force-fed. Fortunately, she escaped death several times. Her sentence was extended without any reason for one year. She was also tortured by other criminal inmates during the 730 days and nights of imprisonment. In December of 2002 the Labor Camp asked local authorities to pick her up. They harassed and abused her verbally before releasing her and told her that she needed to be rigorously monitored after discharge. The director of the Telecom Agency of Changsha City, Liu Jianlian and the deputy director, Xian Chenjun assigned more than ten people to monitor her 24 hours a day. On October 16, 2003 Liu Jianlian ordered some thugs to take her to a brainwashing class where she was unlawfully detained for 48 hours.

(1) "610 Office" is a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches.