The Hohhot First Women's Jail in Inner Mongolia is also used to imprison female Dafa practitioners. Since October 2001, there have been more than 40 to 50 Dafa practitioners persecuted there. In the beginning of 2003, Ms. Yuan Shumei from Chifeng City was tortured to death there.

Ms. Simi is a Mongolian Dafa practitioner from Yuanbaoshan district, Chifeng City. She was arrested because she wrote to her superiors to clarify the truth about the persecution of Falun Gong. After she was detained in the Chifeng Yuanbaoshan Detention Center, the Aohanqi Detention Center, and the Chifeng City Detention Center, she was then sentenced to three years in prison. On October 15, 2002, she was sent to the Hohhot First Women's Jail.

Police put her in an isolated guarded cell and used several prisoners to monitor her. They watched her every move, verbally abused her, and beat her viciously. The windows of the cell were covered with newspaper to prevent her from seeing outside. Washing and relieving herself were strictly limited so she had to relieve herself in the cell.

Before the New Year of 2003, Ms. Simi was sent to a cell with approximately twenty other prisoners, and was constantly monitored by several prisoners. She was not allowed to mention anything about Falun Gong. If anyone showed any sympathy towards her, the person would be viciously beaten or verbally abused. She was not allowed to speak in Mongolian with other Mongolian prisoners or talk to other Dafa practitioners.

During March 30 to April 30, 2003, some Dafa practitioners shouted out loud everyday: "Falun Dafa is good." Then the practitioners would be taken to a "transforming room" to be tortured. They would be beaten mercilessly, shocked with electrical batons, deprived of sleep day and night, scolded viciously, hung up with rope, and so on, to try to force practitioners to give up Falun Gong. These cruel tortures were carried out in every prison cell.

Because of Simi's support for the Dafa practitioners who were being tortured in the "guard chamber," police officers Wu Quiqin and Wang Tingwen put her in the "transforming room." They made her stand on the concrete floor in bare feet, beat her viciously, deprived her of sleep, and made prisoners take turns watching her. Her feet became swollen. This continued for seventeen to eighteen days until she could no longer hold out. After a few days, they repeated the same tortures. Police officers Wu Quiqin and Wang Tingwen came to the "transforming room" to verbally abuse Simi and urge prisoners to torture her. Jail warden Ni Rongxiang also came everyday to verbally abuse her.