Facts of persecution

Dafa practitioner Sun Jianzhong, a 38-year-old resident of Fengrun Town, Fengrun District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province was abducted twice. Officials sent him to the Xiaobali Brainwashing Center in Fengrun because he refused to give up his practice of Falun Dafa. He was also detained numerous times and cruelly tortured. The perpetrators branded him with a red-hot metal hook; they shocked him with electric batons after pouring cold water on him; they force-fed him with food and urine and injected him with nerve-damaging drugs until he was near death. Up until now, Mr. Sun Jianzhong is still being held at the No. 1 Detention Center in Tangshan City, where he was already held for one year past his term.

Dafa practitioner Yang Guohong from Kangping County, Shenyang City had gone to Beijing to appeal for Dafa on September 10, 1999. He was arrested and held at the county police department for more than 20 days. The police stole 1,290 yuan cash and later extorted an additional 1,000 yuan from him, calling it a "deposit". Later on, they abducted Yang Guohong and sent him to Shengli Police Station on December 27, 1999 and two days later they extorted yet another 500 Yuan from his family before releasing him. On January 5, 2001, the police broke into Yang Guohong's home for the second time and seized Yang Guohong and his wife, who also practiced Falun Dafa, and took them to the police department. Mr. Yang Guohong was detained for 20 days and his wife was illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor. On August 15, 2003 while clarifying the truth, someone reported him. Police officers from the Haoguan Township Police Station arrested him, ransacked his home and tortured him to coerce a confession. He was later sentenced to three years in prison and is currently being detained at Xihu Prison in Benxi City.

Before the Chinese New Year 2004, perpetrators from the Xiangfang District Bearing Factory in Harbin City arrested three Dafa practitioner factory employees: Mr. Zhao Ming, Mr. Wang Yongbin, and Ms. Yu Qin. They sent the practitioners to the Wuchang Brainwashing Center where these innocent people remain up until now.

My name is Wang Dongxu and I am an employee of Hegang City's Ore Mining Bureau No. 13 Chemical Corporation Ltd. Officers from the Hedong Police Department in Hegang City broke into my home and ransacked it on April 21, 2002 and took me to the police department. In the evening they held me under criminal detention and sent me to the No. 2 Detention Center in Hegang City. I held a hunger strike and was force-fed on the fourth day. Li Shulin, head of the detention center, put a nine-centimeter metal torture device on my legs and forced me to sit on the ice-cold brick floor in a position with my legs split wide for three days and three nights. I was sent to the city labor camp on April 30, 2002. Because I had hung up Dafa banners and distributed Dafa truth clarification VCDs, I was sentenced to four years in prison on July 15, 2002. Right now I'm being held at the Jiamusi City Prison. I was only exercising my rights given by the Chinese constitution. All charges levied against me are illegal. I therefore demand my unconditional release.

The following happened in October 2003 in a carrot field on the west side of a storehouse belonging to the Fourth Agriculture Group of the Yinmahe Labor Camp in Jiutai City. The instructor for Group Four ordered Dafa practitioners to collect carrots without pulling off their leaves. Dafa practitioner Jin Fengxue who is in his 60s was partially deaf and didn't hear the orders. As the result, instructor Li cruelly beat him until he could no longer move. Jin Fengxue held a hunger strike to protest the abuse.

My name is Li Airong and I'm 46 years old. I worked in the Hongwei Workroom for the Guye District Railroad in Tangshan City, Hebei Province. My husband Zhao Shunguang worked at the Guye Railroad Station. Both of us practice Dafa. Police from the Luan County Police Department and from the Guye Train Station Police Station often harassed and persecuted us. They arrested my husband in October 2001 for posting Dafa truth clarification flyers and savagely beat him until his whole body turned black and blue and his face was swollen and disfigured. His inner and outer thighs were also black and blue, and he had become crippled.

The authorities at the Female Division of the Tumuji Labor Camp in Inner Mongolia Dafa practitioners verbally abuse, beat and humiliate the practitioners. They force the practitioners to stand for a long time, squat with their hands on their heads and forbid the practitioners to sleep. They also whip the practitioners, shock them with electric batons and force-feed them. These evildoers hang them up with ropes and force them to do slave labor. Practitioner Fu Guiying was tortured until she had a heart attack, while practitioner Meng Xiangling was beaten until her face became swollen and her teeth became loose. Ms. Meng also had headaches and dizzy spells and vomited large amounts of blood. Practitioner Hu Shumin often had headaches after being beaten, and for a while she was not in a clear state of mind and was only skin and bones. Practitioner Zhao Jiqin had blisters all over half of her face from electric batons; her body is black and blue and she is crippled from torture. Practitioner Ma Xiuqin was hung up with ten ropes and shocked with electric batons. She passed out four times from the torture. Practitioner Liu Chunyan had a broken shin from the beatings, and practitioner Li Xiaoqiu had a nervous breakdown from the torture.

Dafa practitioner Liu Zhenchang from Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province was abducted on April 16, 2002 and his home was ransacked. He was sent to a detention center and tortured and was transferred to No. 1 Detention Center of Hegang City in June 2002. Persons from the Gongnong District Court in Hegang City unlawfully sentenced him to ten years in prison. He was sent to the Xianglan Drill Group on September 1, 2003 and to Jiamusi Prison on September 8, 2003.

My name is Li Qingyun and I live in Qiyang County, Hunan Province. Dafa practice benefited me physically and mentally, but I was persecuted for being a good person. I was sent to a detention center on January 18, 2001 and held until June 11 when my husband had collected 2,400 Yuan and gave it to the perpetrators in order to obtain my release. I went to Beijing to appeal on November 5, 2001 and was again sent to a detention center, during which time I was forced to work and was force-fed and tortured. Half a year later, my sister bailed me out with a payment of over 5,000 Yuan.

Dafa practitioner Feng Shujie from Xigang, Hulin City of Heilongjiang Province suffered from numerous illnesses before she practiced Dafa, including heart disease, inflammation in the shoulder, edema, gynecological diseases and other ailments she had suffered since she gave birth. After she began practicing Dafa, all illnesses disappeared. Ms. Feng was detained while distributing Dafa truth clarification flyers on April 26, 2002. The police slapped her face and rammed her head against the wall. About 24 days into the detention, she had a relapse of heart disease and her condition worsened day by day. They released her on the 29th day. Feng Shujie was detained again on October 12th and was sentenced to three years of forced labor.

My name is Sun Qingyun. I am a 59-year-old woman. Because Jiang unreasonably persecuted Falun Gong, I went to Beijing twice in 2000 to appeal for Dafa and was subsequently sent to the No. 1 Female Labor Camp in Jinan City for three years of forced labor. The guards at the labor camp shocked the practitioners with electric batons and hung them up with their hands cuffed. Some practitioners were hung up for more than 40 days and their feet were swollen. They couldn't walk after they were let down. Once I was a little loud when doing the Dafa exercises. For that, the guards hung me up for one day and one night until my feet were swollen. An elderly practitioner was hung up for seven days for reciting Dafa scriptures. A guard shocked a practitioner's neck until blisters developed and pus seeped out.

Perpetrators and their crimes

Eye-witness account of Dafa practitioner Zhu Bencun, from Raocun Town, Yueyang County, Hunan Province: Because I went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa, perpetrators from the Judicial Department in Raocun Town took away my harvested crops and quilted bedcovers. They also confiscated a pig from practitioner Liu Fengchou, a casket from practitioner Ju Xiulan, and a sewing machine from practitioner Zhu Shiyu. When the police officers came, they learned nothing was left to take. They grew furious and smashed the windows in my house. Several times I was abducted, extorted money and sent to labor camp. Huang Guoliang, head of the county police department, led a group of officers and broke into the home of practitioner Chen Ganlin in 2002. They took all the Dafa books they found and extorted 1,700 Yuan from him.