Facts of the Persecution

--Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Chen Guoxiang, age 70, lived in Jianyang City, Sichuan Province. Only one week after starting to practice Falun Dafa, her arthritis, sciatica, gallbladder stone, appendicitis, and other health problems were all cured. She went to Beijing on December 6, 1999 to appeal, and was detained for 15 days. Her daughter, also a Falun Dafa practitioner, was sentenced to labor camp twice and later detained. When she was finally sent back home in January 2003, she had already been tortured to the point where she was extremely weak and bedridden. She died 15 days later. When Chen Guoxiang was still grieving the lose of her daughter, police came to take all their Falun Dafa books away from them. Now she has no money to pay her grandson's tuition or make ends meet. She planned on renting her rooms out to make a living, but police threatened her, telling her that she was not allowed to rent her rooms out, and they would chase out any tenants who dared to come.

--After Clearwisdom.net exposed how Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Zhong was tortured on February 19, 2004, practitioners in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province took action and used all kinds of methods to expose the evil locally. The police there are very scared. They inquired as to who gave out the information and forced Zhang Zhong's wife to write a statement that said, "No one beat up Zhang Zhong." Mr. Zhang Zhong has been sent to Daqing Prison Hospital. He is given intravenous injections and force-fed once a day.

--Falun Dafa practitioner, Mr. Chen Yanguo was sentenced to labor camp last year when the SARS epidemic began. He was sent to the Shandong Provincial No.2 Labor Camp, and was tortured with electric batons while detained in the "strict control cell." He was later assigned to team no. 10, where he was locked in a small, dark cell, cuffed onto two beds in a cross position, and tortured day and night for over one month. Because he refused to give in, he was sent back to the "strict control cell." Before New Year's Day of 2004, he was sent to a special group, where the guards tried to force him to give in with torture. People could hear his screaming around 3 or 4 a.m. every night. Chen was later sent back to team no. 10. In order to protest the persecution, Mr. Chen went on hunger strike. The guards have been force-feeding him for over 40 days.

--Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Sun Fengxin from Kangping District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province has suffered a great deal of torture in the Longshan Labor Camp. On many occasions over the past three years, police carried out major group attacks on her mentally and physically. She lost weight and went from 60 kg to a little over 40 kg (88 lbs). Police once instructed thugs to terrorize her 24 hours a day for 18 days straight. On another occasion, they did it for 15 days. In the spring of 2001, police sent her to the "small building" in the Longshan Labor Camp to be tortured there for more than 15 days. They pressed her down to the floor and knocked her head against the cement floor until she passed out. On another occasion, the thugs put her under a bed, and then had several thugs sit on top of the bed. This injured her lower back and legs, and left her unable to walk for more than 20 days.

--Mr. Zhang Haigao is a 65-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner from Yongzhou Region, Hunan Province. He went to Beijing to appeal twice in July 2000 and January 2001. He was sent to the Provincial Xinkaipu Labor Camp by "610"1 officials after returning from Beijing. He was released in February 2002 and died on October 19, 2002.

--Ms. Liu Xing is 55-year-old, retired employee of the Shijiazhuang City No.4 Textile Factory. After beginning to practice Falun Dafa, her severe liver problems disappeared. Just because she spoke out for Falun Dafa, she was sent to the Shijiazhuang Labor Camp and was put through forced brainwashing there. Her sickness later returned. She has no money to see a doctor, since the city "610 Office" withheld her salary. She died in her home on January 26, 2004.

--Police Dong Zhiping and Wang Xuejun (both male) from the political security office of Zhaozhou County, Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province ransacked local practitioners' homes, destroyed their Falun Dafa books, cursed at them, beat them, and sent them to labor camp or prison. If practitioners refused to give up their belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance," they extended the practitioners' terms by locking them in a detention center. Wang Xuejun used a wooden board with nails on it to hit Mr. Han Baofan's face. The injury would not heal for a long time afterwards. Dong Zhiping extorted 1,000 yuan from each practitioner without issuing receipts. Director of the County Detention Center Li Qinghe beat practitioners with a triangular piece of rubber, which was used specifically for torture and could easily tear open the flesh. The practitioners bled profusely as a result of the beatings.

--Secretary Jiang Changping of the Ciyutuo Engineering Technology Department of the Liaohe Oil Field in Liaoning Province was put on a list of perpetrators long ago because he actively persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners. He abducted Falun Dafa practitioners employed at the Liaohe Oil Field and subjected them to brainwashing, which left practitioner Mr. Guo Yulong injured in his lower back. Practitioner Mr. Jiang Xingwang was forced to become destitute and homeless in order to avoid further persecution. Jiang's plan was to withhold these two practitioners' salaries and dismiss them from their jobs.

(1) The 610 Office is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political or judicial systems.