(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Xia Xianfang and her husband, Mr. Zhang Shiping, whose hometown is in Sichuan Province, are 51 and 53 years old respectively. Before practicing Falun Dafa, Ms. Xia had a bone spur, a slipped disc, and other illnesses. After she practiced Falun Dafa, she became both physically and mentally healthy. Since Jiang's illegal suppression began in 1999, the couple has suffered inhumane persecution, and during that time Ms. Xia has only had her freedom for a few months. Even now, Ms. Xia is still being illegally detained in Chongqing Women's Prison, Sichuan Province. Mr. Zhang is illegally detained in Sanhe Prison in Chongqing, Sichuan Province.

When the persecution began on July 20, 1999, the couple went to Harbin City, and then Beijing to appeal. On their way to Beijing, they were intercepted and taken back by police, and they were detained in the brainwashing class held by the Daqing Oil Extraction No. 8 Factory No. 3 Mine.

On October 9 the same year, Ms. Xia once again went to Beijing to appeal. She was illegally detained at the National Appeals Office. Later, she was sent to Gaoping Police Station of Daqing Oil Extraction No. 8 Factory. Director Sun Baowen (now transferred to Datong District, Daqing City) and policeman Li Yunsheng abused and beat Ms. Xia. They threw her body up into the air and down to the ground, and grabbed her head to bang it into the wall. Her shoes fell off from the beating, and her body was covered with dirt from rolling on the ground. The policemen also handcuffed her. She was then transferred to the Daqing City Detention Center and detained there for one month. Because she resisted the persecution and held a hunger strike, she was locked up in small cell. During that time, Sun Baowen interrogated her eight times, and tried to force her to slander Teacher and Falun Dafa and write a Guarantee Statement. Although she was cruelly beaten and tortured, she still remained resolute in safeguarding Teacher and Falun Dafa. She was then transferred to Datong District Detention Center and was interrogated three times. Her work unit threatened to dismiss her from her job and imprison her in order to force her to write and sign a guarantee statement, but she refused. In Datong Detention Center, when she heard that a fellow practitioners' Falun Dafa book was confiscated, she cried loudly requesting the return of the book. She and fellow practitioners jointly went on hunger strike to protest, so the guards returned the book to them. Half a month later, her work unit took her back and illegally put her under house arrest, with several people taking turns monitoring her. One month later, her work unit, along with Sun Baowen from the Gaoping Police Station, took her to the Sartu District Detention Center. During the two months she was detained there, around the time of the spring festival in 2000, she was locked up in a solitary confinement cell. The solitary confinement cell is an empty cell with no heat. There was no bed, table, or chair, and it was cold, dark, and damp. With only a thin layer of clothes she suffered both physically and mentally. Later, she was transferred to the Daqing No. 4 Factory and detained for two months. She was then released unconditionally on May 28, 2000.

On June 3, 2000, Ms. Xia, Mr. Zhang, and several other practitioners practiced the Falun Gong exercises outside of their own residential building. They were arrested by the Gaoping Police Station of No. 8 Factory. Sun Baowen slapped their faces with Ping-Pong paddles until they were swollen. Mr. Zhang was sent to the Datong Detention Center and was held there for two weeks. Later he was detained for about five months in the brainwashing class held by the work unit. During that time, the work unit did not allow him to go to work, and they stopped paying his salary. In the winter of 2000, his work unit forced him to buy out his length of service. Ms. Xia was sent to Daqing City Detention Center, where she was handcuffed, put in shackles and detained in the solitary confinement cell for two weeks. The solitary confinement cell has only a toilet. The police just threw her a little rice pound cake to sustain her life. After she came out of the solitary confinement cell, the policemen were afraid that she would practice the Falun Gong exercises, so they instigated the prisoners to ride on her day and night to humiliate her. In late June of the same year, police sent her to Lindian County Detention Center.

In Lindian Detention Center, Ms. Xia suffered all kinds of inhumane tortures. They beat her viciously, and her body was swollen and full of scars and bruises. There was a lump on her body that festered and bled, and was very painful. The police also used a torture instrument on her for a long time. Her legs were forced apart by a bar fixed with iron hoops at the ankles, so that her feet could not go together. Under the burning sun in the summer, the policemen forced her, Ms. Liu Liping, Cui Yubo, and other practitioners who were wearing this torture instrument to continuously walk in the yard. If they slowed down a bit, the policemen would beat them viciously. Their ankles bled due to the torture, their skin blistered from the sun's rays, and their shirts and pants were soaked with sweat and blood, but the policemen called it "strolling in the garden."

In late July 2000, Ms. Xia was sentenced to one year of forced labor and sent to Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp. Sun Baowen claimed, "I really regret that Xia Xianfang is only sentenced to one year of forced labor, she should be sentenced to 8 or 10 years." In Qiqihar City Forced Labor Camp, because she resisted the evil persecution, she was beaten, abused, cruelly tortured, and detained for an extended term. In mid-August, 2001, because her legs were partially shattered, she was released.

After Ms. Zhang returned home, Sun Baowen, director of the Gaoping Police Station of No. 8 Factory, along with Wang Shuhua, head of the political security brigade of Datong District Police Station, often came to her home to harass her and force her to write the Guarantee Statement, which she firmly resisted. That the same year, the couple went back to their hometown in Sichuan Province. In March 2002, Ms. Xia Xianfang and Zhang Shiping were arrested for clarifying the truth to people. Now, Ms. Xia is detained in Chongqing Women's Prison, where she was sentenced to six years of imprisonment. Her husband, Mr. Zhang Shiping, is detained at Chongqing Sanhe Prison and was sentenced to four years of imprisonment.

Xia Xianfang and Zhang Shiping's daughter has also suffered both physically and mentally during these years, and she often cries.

Chongqing City Women's Prison in Sichuan Province: 86-23-67720291
Chongqing City Sanhe Prison in Sichuan Province: 86-23-58432975

Daqing City Mayor's hotline: 86-459-12345
Yi Xiaoping, Daqing Appealing Bureau director general: 86-459-6156135
Daqing Judicial Bureau director general: 86-459-6186899 86-459-6364506
Office director: 86-459-6372438 86-459-4689826 86-459-6366402
Daqing Legal system Bureau director general: 86-459-4665697
Law Enforcement Supervision Examination Section: 86-459-6396497 86-459-6364254

Office of Gaoping Police Station director of Daqing No. 8 Factory: 86-459-6082258
Guard's room of Gaoping Police Station of Daqing No. 8 Factory: 86-459-6083110
Datong Public Security Bureau Detention Center in Daqing City: 86-459-6082165
Political security brigade of Datong Public Security Bureau in Daqing City: 86-459-6175866
Office of Party Secretary of Daqing Oil Extraction No. 8 Factory: 86-459-4512399
Office of factory director of Daqing Oil Extraction No. 8 Factory: 86-459-4515001
Office of the security department of Daqing Oil Extraction No. 8 Factory: 86-459-4514430

November 26, 2004