(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Du Weifeng from Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province, was illegally detained four times, illegally subjected to reeducation through forced labor twice, dismissed from his public service position twice, and was persecuted until he sustained a mental collapse at the Chaoyang Reformatory. The police department, however, said it was the result of "practicing Falun Gong." Many of Mr. Du's family members also practice Faun Dafa, and they have all been persecuted to varying degrees. Witnessing this persecution of her family gravely affected Mr. Du's mother, He Guihua, both mentally and physically. As a result, she passed away in 2002.

Mr. Du before he suffered the brutal persecution Mr. Du three days after he was checked into a mental hospital

Mr. Du Weifeng, 27 years of age, was a former plumber at the thermal power plant of the Lingyuan Iron and Steel Company and was a staff member of the Lingyuan Iron and Steel Industrial Corporation. In 1994 he started to practice Falun Gong. He became very healthy and his moral character improved. After Jiang's regime started to persecute Falun Gong, Mr. Du went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong three times - on April 25, 1999, July 20, 1999, and in the middle of October 2000. The last time he went, Mr. Du rode a bicycle to Beijing. After he came back, he was illegally detained. At the Second Lockup of Lingyuan, after his sentence was extended for one month, Mr. Du was sentenced to be "reeducated through labor" for two years and was imprisoned in Xidayingzi Reformatory, Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province. He was forced to work beyond human limits in both the Second and Third Brigades. He was punished by being forced to stand for a long time, by being shocked with electric batons, by being subjected to brutal brainwashing attempts, and by being severely tortured physically and spiritually. This relentless persecution seriously devastated Mr. Du's mind and body.

In 2002, when Mr. Du removed a poster slandering Falun Dafa, the Lingyuan Public Security Sub-bureau imprisoned him. He was shocked with electric batons, barbarically beaten and then fined 3,000 yuan.

Before July 1, 2003, because Mr. Du mailed two letters containing "Falun Dafa is good" cards inside, Instructor Jin from the Linhe Public Security Sub-bureau seized him and detained him for two weeks. Du Weifeng was secretly sent to Chaoyang Reformatory and illegally imprisoned there for "reeducation" under a three-year sentence. He was imprisoned with several dozen other Falun Gong practitioners. He experienced the full bitterness of the ultra-intense physical labor, the electrocutions, the physical punishment, and the forceful brainwashing.

On February 23, 2004, under the instructions of Jin Yucheng, the vice-president of the reformatory, a new wave of persecution was enacted in an attempt to force practitioners to transform [renounce Falun Dafa]. Mr. Du was regarded as a key figure. The chief of the Fourth Brigade, Qi Yongshun, incited the squadron commander, Tian Shushan, to apply electric shocks to Mr. Du in an attempt to force him to renounce Falun Dafa. Tian Shushan locked Mr. Du in a classroom and shocked him on and off for an entire afternoon, for more than four hours. After that, Tian Shushan punished Mr. Du by forcing him to stand until midnight and then hauled him back to the classroom and continued to shock him with electric batons. His intermittent, miserable cries awakened even people who slept soundly. During mealtime on the second day, Mr. Du's eyes were filled with tears, and he could not eat any food. Tian Shushan forced Mr. Du to stand up and insulted him in the presence of others. After another day's torture, Mr. Du's spirit collapsed and he became mentally unbalanced. During breakfast the next day, Du Weifeng climbed up on the roof of the four-story building and threatened to jump. After the police stopped him, he came down on a rope. The reformatory used him as an example to aggravate the persecution and kept him in solitary confinement. Mr. Du was forced to wear a heavy helmet, his hands and feet were restrained with handcuffs, and his arms and legs were chained to the floor in solitary confinement for a month. Visits were allowed on March 15. Even though he could see his son for only five minutes, Mr. Du's father witnessed with his own eyes the results of the severe torture his son had been subjected to.

The persecution of both his spirit and his body put Mr. Du's health in grave danger. He became extremely fearful, and he had serious schizophrenia. Chaoyang Reformatory had persecuted Mr. Du until he suffered a mental collapse. Everyone was amazed.

On the morning of March 29, 2004, in order to shirk their responsibility, Clerk Zhang and another three policemen from the reformatory sent Du Weifeng home and told his parents that he was released because of his neurosis.

Because Du Weifeng had been persecuted for so long and so profoundly, his mind was greatly damaged. After he came home, he could not get over the deep impressions the persecution had made on him. His condition continued to worsen. He ran naked outside and randomly smashed the furniture. Other practitioners contributed a thousand yuan to send him to a mental hospital for treatment. See the two pictures above. The first one was taken before the persecution and the other one was taken on the third day of his hospitalization.

All three people in Mr. Du's family participated in the lecture series and instruction classes given by Teacher Li at the Lingyuan Iron and Steel Company in February 1994. All of them obtained great health as a result. On April 25, 1999, the entire family went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and clarified the truth to the government. After the persecution began, Mr. Du Weifeng's father, Du Faming, rode his bicycle to Beijing to appeal in 2000. After that, he was twice subjected to reeducation through labor, for a total of four years. (He was dealt with by Ma Riming from the Hongshan local police station and Instructor Jin from the Linhe Public Security sub-bureau). During that period, Du Faming bore the hardships of torture and corporal punishment, suffering shocks by electric batons, intense labor, and brainwashing in Chaoyang Reformatory (whose vice-president is Jin Yucheng) and Fuxin Reformatory (whose vice-president is Xin Hongshun). Ms. He Guihua's husband and son were illegally imprisoned and subjected to reeducation through labor, yet she was repeatedly denied visitation rights. Her grief and indignation led to illness, and she did not have money for treatment. Mrs. He died two years ago as a result of the persecution of her husband and son.

Mr. Du's family was persecuted to destruction. The direct economic loss reached 50,000 yuan, and the extended effects of this persecution are still harming his family.