(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Fu Guanmin, a teacher at Yongxing Elementary School in Kaijiang County, Dazhou City, Sichuan Province, was born on May 26, 1965. After she started practicing Falun Dafa in October 1998, she became healthier, and her work performance became better. Her husband, Long Weibao, a teacher in Kaijiang County Yongxing Middle School, was sick at home. After Fu Guanmin practiced Falun Gong, Long Weibao's sickness gradually improved. He also knew Falun Dafa is good.

Since July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin has brutally persecuted Falun Dafa; Long Weibao's family was constantly disturbed and threatened by the police. Long Weibao was scared, and he began scolding and beating his wife; he also tore Dafa books. Since then, his illness became serious again, and he was in and out of the hospital a few times. He suffered from vomiting blood, liver ascites and coma. Each time, his wife took good care of him day and night, read to him the book Zhuan Falun and let him listen to Master's lectures with a Walkman. Each time, he changed from being agitated and not willing to listen to being gradually calmed down and listened to Master's lecture peacefully. He gradually recovered from his critical condition.

On May 14, 2002, a student's parent' reported Fu to the police, Fu Guanmin was kidnapped, and her house was searched and confiscated. She was illegally detained in Kaijiang Detention Center two and half a miles away. Because she refused to give up the cultivation, in March 2003, she was illegally sentenced to four years in prison. She was released on bail for medical treatment in April of the same year. In May, she was laid off from her government service.

While his wife was illegally detained, Long Weibao was not disturbed by the police as much, and his life had calm down a little. All along, his wife had taken care of him, so suddenly he lost his support; every one worried about his health. Long Weibao looked back on the previous life and death experiences and realized that he was saved each time because he listened to Dafa. Therefore, he began religiously and secretly practiced Falun Gong at home. After some time, his neighbor and friends noticed the improvement on his complexion and health. It was more surprising that he was able to take care of himself; he washed his own clothes and quilt. Later, people saw that he exercised to workout his body. People understood the cause behind this.

However after his wife was bailed out for medical treatment, the family was once again disturbed. Everyday, either the 610 Office or the National Security Unit of the police department would visit. Everyday, the family had to report to the police station. The school officials also interfered with Long Weibao family's peace. Because of fear, Long Weibao stopped practicing Falun Gong. He worried that he would be persecuted and affect his son's academic performance and future. His health deteriorated rapidly. His illness became more and more serious, and none of the medical treatment could help him. His wife still patiently read Zhuan Falun to him, but he was afraid to listen. He died in the county hospital in February 2004. His wife did not have any income and was still being persecuted, and his son was in middle school.

November 24, 2004