(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Cheng Ke was 75 years old and an honorary retired manager of Huabei Construction Materials Company in Tianjin City. Recently, she was tortured to death at the Hexi District Police Station. We have learned that all Falun Dafa practitioners detained in the Hexi District Station are on a hunger strike to protest this atrocity. Details are being investigated.

Ms. Cheng Ke lived in Dewangli, Hexi District, Tianjin City. On April 23, 1999, she went to Tianjin Institute of Education to clarify the fact that she herself had benefited greatly from practicing Falun Dafa. She was subsequently beaten up by the police.

A Hong Kong journalist called and questioned her about how she was beaten up. Later Ms. Cheng was detained for responding to this call, and charged with the "crime" of "revealing State secrets."

In 2000, because she remained steadfast in her faith in Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance, Ms. Cheng was arrested and sentenced to one year in a labor camp, which she served at the No.5 Ward of Banqiao Labor Camp in Tianjin City. After she was released, she was arrested again and sentenced to 3 years in the labor camp, and underwent brainwashing in the Jianxin Labor Camp.

Anytime someone spoke with her, she always told them, "I had sickness all over my body. I would rather have died than endure the more than 20 different illnesses that I was suffering from. I spent so much money on medical treatments. After cultivating Falun Dafa, my sicknesses were all cured without even spending a dime. We are not political, and we are not against any government. We are merely trying to be good people by cultivating Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance, and getting rid off our sicknesses."

Inside the Labor Camp, police bribed prisoners with reduced terms to have them monitor the elderly lady. Police extorted money from her. In 2002, Ms. Cheng's leg was fractured when she fell down in the Labor Camp's bathroom. Under her family's strong request, she was released on bail for medical treatment. Then on December 22, 2003, police from the local Substation and Labor Camp stormed into her home again, carried her out into their squad-car, and locked her back up in Jianxin Labor Camp.