(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Song Wenhua, 56, was a resident in Tonghua City, Jilin Province. Mr. Song Wenhua was an employee of the Tonghua City railroad transportation system. In October 2004, Song Wenhua was tortured to death at Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province.

In 2003, when Song Wenhua was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong at Hulutao Town, Tonghua County (a suburb of Tonghua City), employees of the town government arrested him and he was sentenced to 2 years of forced labor. Mr. Song was sent to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp. According to a reliable source, his health condition deteriorated starting in March of 2004. Three or four medical examinations revealed that Mr. Song had come down with tuberculosis and some other diseases. More seriously, it was also found that body fluid had accumulated, filling 80% of one side of his lungs.

This was a life-threatening condition: Mr. Song could die any minute. Li Fei, a medical doctor who works for the labor camp, said, "If Song dies, the labor camp will not assume responsibility." Therefore, Song Wenhua's family members asked the labor camp to release him for medical treatment. The labor camp refused, stating that they lacked authority to release him. The family members then petitioned those with the purported authority. They said it was the labor camp's problem. The authorities passed the buck back and forth.

Eventually, the forced labor camp authorities told the family members that visitations were not permitted. He was not even given nutritious food. Some official from the labor camp bellowed, "We don't take care of the old and sick. We also won't release him as long as he is still alive. If he is dying, we will carry him outside the labor camp's gate at the last minute so he can die outside. Then his death will not be counted as 'tortured to death by the labor camp.'" Although Son Wenhua suffered from life threatening diseases, resulting in an extremely weak body, he was denied medical care, medication and nutritious food. In addition, the depraved people forced him to do hard physical labor daily.

For more than 10 days, Song Wenhua was feverish, with a temperature above 39o C (102.2 o F). He was unable to take any sustenance for 4 or 5 days. His eyesight became blurred and his hearing deteriorated. The forced labor camp personnel did not report Mr. Song's situation to their supervisors. Therefore, he did not receive the necessary medical treatment on time.

By the time his family members were allowed to visit him, Mr. Song was unable to take care of himself, and he had become emaciated. On October 8, 2004, after about 18 months of torture, the labor camp released him. By that time, his condition was irreversible. No medical treatment could save his life. On the ninth day after Song Wenhua returned home (October 17, 2004), he left this world having suffered great injustice.

Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp is directly responsible for Song Wenhua's death for the following reasons:

  1. They refused Mr. Song medical care and medication to treat his condition, once they knew about it.
  2. They did not report his condition to their superiors, although Mr. Song was running a high fever for over 10 days.
  3. They did not allow him bed-rest even after they knew how sick he was. Instead, they forced Mr. Song to do hard labor for 17 to 18 hours a day.
  4. They did not provide Mr. Song the nutrients needed to fight his illnesses.
  5. When Mr. Song's family members requested his release for medical treatment, they refused.
  6. They did not allow family visits.