(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Shuli, in his 30s', was a Falun Gong practitioner from Qinhuangdao City, Li County, Hebei Province. On December 10, 2002, Mr. Li was arrested and incarcerated in the Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp in Tangshang City, where a year later he was tortured to the brink of death.

As soon as Li Shuli arrived at the Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp in December 2002, he was sent to the Intensive Monitoring Unit, where a criminal convicted of fraud named Liu Rujiang tried to force Mr. Li to fill out a form slandering Falun Gong. Mr. Li refused to sign the document. As a result of his refusal, he was brutally beaten by a group of policemen, and fell to the ground. Mr. Li Shuli was then carried to an isolated cell, where he was subjected to the torture method known as the "Bend Bed."

The "Bend Bed" is the most brutal torture method used in the Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp. Mr. Li's arms and legs were pulled straight and handcuffed to an iron bed, then a perpetrator by the name of Huang Yongxin, an inmate at the forced labor camp, stuffed bricks and bottles under Mr. Li's body to make it bend backwards at the midsection; his wrists and ankles were pinned to the bed with his midsection forced ever higher. This torture method causes such excruciating pain that most people are incapable of bearing it for more than a half an hour.

In protest of this inhumane treatment, Mr. Li went on a hunger strike. A police officer named Wang Yulin ordered criminal inmates to force-feed him with high density salt water. Then the convict Huang Yongxin beat Mr. Li's arms and legs with wooden sticks while cursing him. Throughout the torture on the "Bend Bed," Mr. Li refused to yield, nor even utter a word. Officer Wang Yulin ordered Huang Yongxin to increase the stretching pressure. Huang became even more vicious. In addition to beating him with wooden sticks, he even stepped on Mr. Li's arms and legs.

Although Mr. Li was subjected to these most vicious tortures for eight consecutive days and nights, he still would not speak or yield. On December 17, Mr. Li was finally released from the "Bend Bed," his arms and legs were so seriously injured that he could no longer move; he couldn't even hold a spoon and was incapable of eating without assistance. Despite all these hardships, he never gave up his belief in Falun Dafa.

During the "SARS" epidemic in May 2003, Li Shuli was emaciated and suffered from a high fever due to the tortures. He was still unable to hold a spoon to eat, and could only walk a few steps with assistance. The labor camp sent him to the hospital for examination and quarantine. There he was diagnosed with phthisis (a lung disease), and Li Shuli was sent back home without hope of recovery. A few months after he returned home, Li Shuli died in December 2003.

Police officer Wang Yulin is one the murders responsible for torturing Mr. Li. He was well known as the most vicious policeman involved in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners in Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp. The other murderer, Huang Yongxin, who tortured Mr. Li to the point of injury and the brink of death, has also been exposed many times as a vicious person who persecutes Falun Gong practitioners. He was also responsible for torturing practitioner Meng Jincheng to death.

October 17, 2004