Facts of the persecution

On September 28, 2004, as people joyously prepared for the approaching Moon Festival, the Yanqing County Court in Beijing held an illegal trial of Falun Dafa practitioners Zou Xiong, Xing Keli, and Cheng Chunma. The three practitioners had been unlawfully held for over five months. The practitioners refused to cooperate with the persecutors' demands in court and defended themselves in a peaceful and rational manner. The persecutors would not reason with the practitioners and hastily ended the trial. The practitioners are being held in the Yanqing Detention Center, where they are being tortured.

Dafa practitioner Mr. Jia Qingyin, 46, is a quality inspector at the Handan City Coal Mining Industry Group Co., LTD in Hebei Province. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, he went to Beijing several times to appeal, and was illegally detained and fined nearly 10,000 Yuan. He was also twice abducted by persecutors from the Taoyi Mine Police Department and sent to a brainwashing class.

In 2004, Wang Anhua, deputy secretary of the Shou County Political and Judiciary Committee in Anhui Province, extorted 3,000 Yuan from each practitioner's work unit to open a brainwashing center at the Shou County Tax Bureau Hotel. On the evening of September 22, 2004, around 20 persecutors, including Xu Shigang, head of Shuangqiao Town's Political and Judiciary Bureau in Shou County, split into two groups. One group went to search Dafa practitioner Li Tianjing's home, and the other group went to his mother's home and arrested Li Tianjing, and took him to Shuangqiao Police Station, where they confiscated his cell phone. The perpetrators returned to his mother's home afterward and took away his taxicab, which he uses to make a living.

Dafa practitioner Pang Jihai, a purchasing agent at the Lianyun Cement Factory in Laiwu City, Shandong Province, and his wife practice Falun Gong. They have one son. The police often harassed them after July 20, 1999, and they eventually went into exile. On the evening of August 8, 2004, Mr. Pang Jihai was abducted and is currently being held at the Laiwu City Detention Center. The whereabouts of Pang Jihai's wife are unknown. Their son is fifteen years old and has been staying with different relatives for the past three years. He often could not pay his school tuition until his grandfather or other relatives borrowed the money on his behalf.