News and Activities from Around the World

On September 19, 2004, Falun Dafa practitioners in Delaware held a display at Newark City's Community Day celebration. They showed the Falun Dafa exercise instruction video on a TV the entire time, which attracted many people who wanted to learn the free exercise practice.

Facts of the Persecution

1) Li Wei, a policeman from the Tuanhe Labor Camp in Beijing City sent Falun Dafa practitioner, Mr. Bai Shaohua to the "Training Ward," for intense brainwashing and torture for three months. He also harassed practitioner Mr. Xue Fuchun. He often shouted instructions at prisoners who were monitoring Falun Dafa practitioners, "Watch them closely for me, and pull them out if they talk or close their eyes!" Hence, the prisoners would scold practitioners who talked or closed their eyes, and even pulled practitioners out into the hall to be punished. In July 2004, it was already very hot outside when Li Wei led the morning exercises. He forced everyone to hold one position without moving for a very long period of time, which made several practitioners become nauseous, dizzy and vomit.

2) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Chu Liwen is 48 years old. He was the Falun Dafa contact person at the Assistance Center in Changyi City, Shandong Province. He has been detained in the No.6 Ward of the Huaibei Prison, and was inhumanly tortured. On August 18, 2004, police locked him in solitary confinement, and did not allow him to use the bathroom outside his cell. They fed him only one steamed bun for each meal, and the only clothing they allowed him was a pair of underwear in the mosquito infested prison. In order to harass him psychologically and physically, police brought his bedding in at midnight and removed it at 2 a.m. every morning. He was constantly beaten or shocked with electric batons. A notice posted on the wall indicated that because Chu Liwen refused to deny his beliefs, he had been transferred to the Strict Monitoring Ward after his15 days in solitary confinement.

3) Falun Dafa practitioner, Mr. Wang Zideng was arrested on August 5, 2004, by police from Laiwu City, Shandong Province. He has been detained in the Laiwu City Detention Center for 54 days. It was reported that he is in critical condition, yet the police still brutally force-feed him.

4) Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Yi Shuling is a teacher in the Mongyin County No.1 Experimental Middle School of Shandong Province. She was deprived of sleep for an entire month while detained in the No.5 Ward at the Shandong Provincial Women's Labor Camp. When she first arrived at the No.1 Ward, she was deprived use of the toilet for an entire month. She was hung eight whole days while in solitary confinement, and then tied onto a bed with her four limbs spread apart. The bedding was laced with chemicals, which made the flesh on her arms rot. She dared not fall asleep, because police officers would spray unknown chemicals on her and her bedding whenever she did. She went through inhuman mental and physical tortures. She was later sent to the mental hospital for further torture.

5) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Lin Fengrong, and her husband, Wang Wenpeng, were both arrested by the police at their home on June 4, 2004. The police ransacked their home, sent Ms. Lin to a detention center, and jailed Mr. Wang at the Tiedong Developing Region Police Substation, where he was tortured and interrogated. They cuffed his hands behind his back with one hand over his shoulder and the other one from underneath. Then, they beat him with a rubber stick until his face was covered with open wounds. He was later sent to a detention center, where he was tortured again, cuffed in a similar position as above, and also forced to sit on the "Tiger Bench" for long periods of time. The cruel police also stuffed his mouth with a rag and poured spicy mustard oil into his nose.

6) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wu Zhanting, from Xidayingzi, Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province has been sentenced to four years at the Nanshan Prison in Jinzhou City. After more than two years of torture, he suffered a severe stroke in May of this year. He cannot talk and has difficulty walking.