(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa practitioner Ms. Hu Yuehui, 44 years old, is from Yueyang City. During her more than one year of protests against the persecution, she maintained a hunger strike and suffered all kind of tortures. Once, four special task policemen held electric batons and illegally detained her and another practitioner together in a separate cell, shocking them from morning to the afternoon. However, Hu Yuehui was not moved at all. She was shocked into a coma. When she was carried to the hospital, no single uninjured part could be found on her body.

On January 31 and February 1, 2003, seven to eight "detained and monitored" prisoners (drug addicts, prostitutes, cheaters) together beat Dafa practitioners. Hu Yuehui and Xiong Ruilian were beaten for the longest time. Xiong Ruilian was beaten into a coma immediately.

During more than one year's hunger strike, Hu Yuehui was suffering all kinds of daily inhuman tortures, including hands and feet being tied up, injections, force-feeding with bamboo tubes, and tubes inserted into her stomach. She had only a few of her pure white teeth left. She kept on practicing the Dafa exercises around 4:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m. Her shouting of "Practicing Falun Gong is innocent" could often be heard. "Detained and monitored" prisoners often tied up her hands and feet, and she was gagged with floor cleaning rags and tape. She was always righteous and stern when facing the evildoers. In November 2002, Hu Yuehui was tortured to death. She validated Dafa with her life.

Dafa practitioner Ms. Chang Lan is 38 years old. She graduated from Xiangtan Medical University and was the doctor in charge as well as an Associate Professor. In September 2002, she was illegally detained in the "attack team." The police attempted to force her to write the so-called "guarantee statement"(1) to give up practicing Falun Gong. Chang Lan didn't yield at all. The police then hung her up with hands cuffed. They made her stand on a barrel and deprived her of sleep for eight days. She was torture into coma three times. She was not out of danger until being in the hospital for emergency care.

Dafa practitioner Ms. Jin Fuwan is in her 20's. In order to protest the persecution she went on a hunger strike more than two months and was very weak.

Ms. Chen Weiping is a nurse for the Changsha Hospital. She is 44 years old and is illegally detained in the detention center. To protest the persecution, she went on a hunger strike for 15 days. Then the evildoers sent her to a forced labor camp. From the day she got into the labor camp, for more than seven months, she kept on a hunger strike. Because of suffering long time torture, Chen Weiping who was in her 40's was tortured to look like a senior in her 60's. Much of her hair fell out.

Ms. Xia Ting, 32 years old, is from Zhejiang (others said Jiangsu) Province and holds a bachelor's degree. She was illegally sent to the forced labor camp for two years for practicing Falun Gong and suffered all kinds of torture in the Baimalong Labor Camp. During one of her hunger strike protested she was injected with hallucinogenic drugs. The needle hit her nerve center, which caused her loss of all memory and makes her stutter. Because she was very firm in her belief in Dafa, her term was illegally extended for one year. On the day she was released, the due date of her three-year term, the police extorted 3,000 Yuan(2) of "medical expenses" from her family.

Ms. Chen Ouxiang, in her 40s, is from Pingjiang/Yueyang City, Hunan Province. She was transferred to the "attack team" in the second half of October 2002. She was tortured to death by the police within only six days. It was heard that the police cuffed her hands backward; in front of her was a television playing a video that slandered Dafa, while "detained and monitored" prisoners stood by her sides and forcing her to yield, otherwise, they would beat and kick her. The first time she was beaten into a coma and was carried to the hospital for emergency care. Upon her return, she was handcuffed and shackled. The police continued to brutally torture her. When she was beaten into a coma the second time, she never returned from the hospital.

Ms. Zuo Shuchun, in her 30's, was a staff member from Changsha People's Vehicle Company. In the first half of March 2001, she was tortured to death when the police force-fed her with a bamboo tube.

Ms. Tan Yunfeng, in her 30's, is from Huaihua City. On September 7, 2002, to protest the persecution and resist the evil, she joined the hunger strike. Since then, no message about her has been heard. According to an insider, a person died on September 7 from being force-fed, but the name is unknown.

Ms. Cao Jianzhen, was 52 years old and from Yiyang City. On January 24, 2001, simply because for practicing Falun Gong, the special task police force shocked her with electric batons. She was so severely hurt that she rolled on the floor and was in a coma several times. Then the police carried her to a separate cell and cuffed her hands on her back to the metal door. The police kept kicking her lower back with leather shoes, which fractured a bone in her spine, caused internal bleeding, vomiting and spitting blood, and not being able to eat. Facing these brutal beatings, she kindly warned the police not to do this, but the police became further incensed when hearing this. At that time her sister Cao Zhilan, 50 years old, was also detained in a separate cell. After eight months, the police tortured Cao Guizhen to look as thin as a lath. She was eventually sent back home and died within a month.

Ms. Liu Caiyun, in her 30's, is from Yueyang City (another saying is Huaihua City). In 2001, during the persecution protest she went on a hunger strike for eight months. Seeing that she was dying, the police were afraid to take responsibility, and sent her home. She died four days later.

Ms. Chen Shengtao, in her 40s, is from Yueyang City. In 2001 she could not walk steadily after being shocked by the police's electric batons. She fell down the stairs and was paralyzed.

Ms. Wang Fuhua, in her 30's, is from Qizhou City. During her hunger strike to protest the persecution, three of her teeth were pried out during force feeding. She suffered great blood loss as a result.

Ms. Wang Ping, 52 years old, is from Yueyang City. She remained steadfast in her cultivation of Falun Dafa, so the criminals handcuffed her several times. With Mabu cuffs(3) hung up cuffs (4) and backward cuffs (5), they used all kinds of vicious means to torture her. However, she became more and more firm in her belief. Once the evildoers viciously kicked her private parts while beating and hitting her, saying, "I'll let you live but make you feel worse than dead." She was kicked into a coma and then dragged downstairs.

Ms. Qi Manying is from Hengyang City, 62 years old. To resist the evil persecution, she kept on a hunger strike for more than six months without taking even a drop of water. She was skin and bones. However, several "detained and monitored" prisoners still forced her to sit on "the small stool" every day.

Ms. Yang Youyuan, 62 years old, was from Huaihua City. No matter how crazy the evil prisoners were, she kept on practicing Dafa every day. She was cuffed more than a hundred times, but nothing could shake her heart towards kindness. The criminals made their last ditch effort and foully sent her to the Zhuzhou Mental Hospital. The three months' torture made her as thin as a lath. Nevertheless, she still upholds the truth and maintains her firm, righteous thoughts.


1. "Guarantee Statement": A statement to declare that he or she is remorseful for practicing Falun Gong and guarantees not to practice Falun Gong again, not to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and never again associate with any Falun Gong practitioners.

2. Yuan 500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.

3. One is cuffed and forced to keep standing by lowering her knees.

4. With both hands cuffed, both feet off the ground or only the toes touching the ground, one is hung onto the basketball support or the beam of the house with the handcuff. The hands and arms will soon become paralyzed and numb.

5. One's hands are cuffed on one's back.