(Clearwisdom.net September 10, 2003)

Facts of the Persecution

Falun Dafa practitioner Guan Peixia attended a Falun Dafa experience sharing conference at Songjiang Town, Jiaohe City, Jilin Province on May 17, 2003. She was abducted on the same day, went on a hunger strike without water, absolutely refused to cooperate with the evil, and after one week walked out of the Jiaohe City Detention Center with strong righteous thoughts. Guan Peixia was abducted from her home on July 19, and illegally sentenced to six years in prison. She has been on a hunger strike without water for 28 days now, and her life is in danger.

On August 28, three Falun Dafa practitioners (Bai Yunjie, Xu Lijuan, Lao Fu) from a county near Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province went to a local tourist site to pass out truth-clarifying materials for the sake of saving sentient beings. They were reported on by a conscienceless individual, abducted by the police, and detained in a county prison. Police searched Xu Lijuan's home on August 28, confiscated a large amount of materials and more than 200 names and phone numbers, and burned a large amount of Dafa books.

On September 9, 2003, the Renhe District Court of Panzhihua City will unlawfully put seven Falun Dafa practitioners on trial. The practitioners' names are Geng Dexin, Chen Jingxi, Luo Xiaoxing, Gong Guanglei, Gong Wenyou, Xie Zhiyuan, and He Yuanchao. They were all abducted between September and November of 2002, and have been detained illegally in the Wanyaoshu Detention Center of Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province since then.

On August 11, 2003, Falun Dafa practitioners Tang Deliang and Wang Hongmei, who are husband and wife, were both abducted by local police chief Liu Anyuan at their residence. All their personal belongings and cash were stolen by the police. We have heard that these two disciples are being cruelly tortured right now.

We learned that on August 28, 2003, police in the Heizuizi Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province conducted another round of cruel torture on steadfast Falun Dafa cultivators. Led by the malicious police officer Zhang Guimei from the 4th Team, the evil gang relentlessly used electric batons to shock those solid practitioners. One 55-year-old practitioner was shocked while tied up on a "Dead Man's Bed" [the four limbs of the practitioner are stretched out and tied to the four corners of an icy-cold metal bed. The practitioner cannot move at all. Neither is he allowed to get up to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom. This treatment could last from several hours up to more than a dozen days. This type of cruel torture causes severe damage to the practitioner both mentally and physically]. The police said that they would refuse to stop the torture until she would say "I will not practice any more." Falun Dafa practitioner Du Hongfang was shocked at the end of every month because she clarified the truth to the police. Newly arrived Falun Dafa practitioners are all forced to "go through a large class," which means that they are forced to undergo brainwashing.

Commentary on Current Events

The following is an excerpt from the article "Reference Material--The Motherland Is Always in My Heart."

Love towards one's home country comes from the bottom of one's heart. But in China, patriotism is being used as a kind of brainwashing tool and food for mental force-feeding. The government manipulates all kinds of ideological tricks, purposely stringing together the phrases "Loving the Party" and "Loving the Country." How genuine is this kind of patriotism? A person born in America still has the right to oppose any party while loving the country regardless. A Chinese person, however, does not have the right to love the country if he opposes the Communist Party!

News from Around the World

As reported by the Niigata Daily in Japan on September 4, 2003: The Association for Rescuing Yoko Kaneko visited the Hamochi Town Mayor, calling for the rescue of Yoko Kaneko as soon as possible. The mayor expressed that although there are some difficulties, because Yoko Kaneko is a Chinese citizen, he would definitely pass on our appeal. On the morning of September 6 and 7, 2003, Yoko Kaneko's husband Atsushi Kaneko will join the association members' effort to collect signatures along the steamboat harbor and at Sampo-michi in Ryotsu City.

As reported by the Niigata Daily in Japan on September 7, 2003: On September 6, 2003, the husband of Yoko Kaneko Mr. Atsushi and members of the Association for Rescuing Yoko Kaneko collected signatures on a petition in Ryotsu City. Yoko Kaneko has been sentenced to 18 months of labor camp by the Chinese government, and is still being detained. This activity was appealing to the (Niigata-ken) County Council. Hopefully, the county council will call on the government of Japan to have the Chinese government release Yoko Kaneko as soon as possible.