(Clearwisdom.net) I began practicing Falun Dafa in 1995. Since July 20, 1999 I had been detained three times, lasting15 days each. Later I was detained in the township police station over 28 days. Three days after that I was sent to the township government and was detained for another 14 days. Then, I was sentenced to jail for 80 days and subsequently to two years in a labor camp.

I remember the night of July 22, 1999. The assistant party secretary for the township brought along six or seven people from the local police station. They broke into my home and grabbed anything related to Falun Gong. They had broken into all other Dafa practitioners' homes and taken away all their Dafa materials. Since then, the local police would search my home at will and secretly monitor me. My wife and my child were scared of the police and were psychologically traumatized. I could be taken away at any moment. Our family life was terrorized so much that my wife eventually divorced me.

On October 15, 1999, I was detained illegally for 15 days and again on December 15 for another 15 days. In March 2000, because of the two major Party congresses, two other practitioners, Shao and Wang and I were detained again for 28 days. During the detention, the local police deputy and the local officers often verbally abused me and even threatened me. I was force-fed with an unknown medicine. Three days later, after we were released, an order came from a higher authority. This order requested to monitor us 24 hours a day, for 14 consecutive days. Led by the assistant party secretary for the township, about 80 township people were involved in the task of monitoring us. They took turns with two people during the day and four people during the night. During that period of time, Shao and I had been called in to work in the township government court for several days. Many government personnel would stand in the court to watch us work while they chatted. In July 18, 2000, I was detained again for 15 days.

On January 3, 2001, the local precinct deputy and a police officer whose surname is Wang came to my home and searched my home while questioning me about Falun Gong. They found the article "Teaching the Fa at the Great Lakes Fa Conference in North America" that I had hidden. I was immediately taken to the station and handcuffed. At 4:00 p.m., both my hands were cuffed onto the steam heating pipe near the window in the hallway. The window was wide open and chill winds blew in. The temperature was very low since a winter snow had come a few days ago. I was forced to take off all my clothes and stand in front of the window. The freezing wind blew on my naked body and I immediately got goose bumps. I couldn't help shaking and shivering, but I was locked onto the pipe. Then the police started to lash me with a military belt, from the top to bottom, and from front to the back. The deputy ordered someone to pour the cold water on me and commanded the police to whip me harder. The cold wind pierced my bones; the belt whipping was excruciating. The cold and the pain together made every second of every minute unbearable. The deputy ordered the two people beating me to take turns. Later he ordered me to stand on the window sill in order to beat the lower part of my body. After whipping me for a long time, they forced me to jump outside and lay down on the snow. My injuries from the whipping and being naked made it impossible for me to lie on the cold snow without moving. I couldn't breathe and kept rolling around. Someone stepped on my head and my body and tried to make me lie still on the snow. There were two other people who witnessed the scene - one was in charge of the boiler and the other, a guard in the court.

After the guards finished their dinner they started to torture me again. I was handcuffed and was squeezed into a corner. They used their feet to compress my chest. That made me unable to breathe and I suffered pain in my ribs. They then used a lighter to burn the hairs on my chest, my beard, my eyebrows and my genitals. The torture lasted a long time. I struggled and sweated a lot. They continued torturing me with such dirty, vicious and brutal torture until they felt tired.

The next day, January 4, I was sent to the detention center and began 80 days detention. Later I was sent to a labor camp for two years.

Not until I came back from the labor camp did I find out what they did to my home. They had searched my home. They took away a tape player; tore up my winter jacket; turned over the sweet potato box and let the potatoes lie on the ground, which froze them; destroyed the food storage room locker and ransacked the entire room.

April 30, 2003