Mr. Ning Jun, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province, is over fifty years old. Both his older sister, who was illegally sentenced to two years in a labor camp, and his 70-year-old mother also practice Falun Gong. Ning Jun started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. He has been strict with improving his xinxing (heart and mind nature; moral character), and he has become a better person. For instance, Ning Jun returned the extra apartment he occupied before he practiced Falun Gong. Once, with his own money, he went to Russia to promote Dafa. He also bought Dafa books, rented rooms, and bought equipment in order to show the Dafa videos and teach the exercises. In August 1999, Ning Jun went to Beijing to appeal and clarify the truth of Falun Gong. As a result, he was illegally detained in a labor camp for two years. At that time, a person would be sentenced to a labor camp if he admitted that he practiced Falun Gong. At the same time, he would be released if he gave up the practice. Ning Jun's harmonious family was consequently torn apart.

During his detention, Ning Jun firmly held onto his belief in Falun Dafa. In order to torture him, the police transferred him to several different teams. During his detention in the third team, the police put several Falun Gong practitioners with a dozen criminals in a room that was approximately six square meters. It was hot summer and there was no ventilation in the room. They had to eat, sleep, and defecate in the same room. The sanitary conditions were terrible. The bedding was very dirty and it was humid and hot. As a result, Ning Jun developed scabies all over his body. The police pretended to give him "medical treatments," but they tortured him instead. Because he still firmly believed in Falun Dafa, the police became even crazier. Long Fei, the director of the third team, shocked him with an electric baton. Because of Ning Jun's strong righteous mind, however, the policeman was shocked instead. Due to the severe torture, Ning Jun developed ascites in his liver and his stomach became bloated. Several doctors, along with Xing Jiming, the director of the management office, and police from the third team forcefully handcuffed him to an iron bed. Then Xing Jiming pulled out a pistol and held it to his forehead to intimidate him. Qiao Jianwei, an officer from the management office, incited the inmates to beat Ning Jun until his head was swollen. The police in the labor camp all overlooked these criminal acts. At last, Ning Jun was tortured so badly that he had to be hospitalized.

Kou Wei, a policeman from the third team, reported extra fees when he was calculating the medical expenses. As a result, Ning Jun's family suffered from a financial crisis. After Ning Jun exposed Kou Wei's bad deeds, Kou Wei became very angry and tried to threaten Ning Jun.

During the period when Ning Jun was released on bail for medical treatment, Ma Libiao, the director of the management office, and Li Longyu, the political instructor, deceived him into coming back to the labor camp, where they tortured him. Later he was released because he had high blood pressure. After his release, he continued to do Dafa work.

At present, Ning Jun has been illegally sentenced again and is now being detained in the Mudanjiang Prison.

June 29, 2003