(Clearwisdom.net June 22, 2003)

Ms. Zhang Juxian, 39, began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. She lives in No 30140 in Yulinli, Jingqiao area, Dashiqiao City in Liaoning Province.

On July 22nd 1999, while watching TV, Ms. Zhang Juxian saw a program that slandered Dafa. After seeing such misinformation, she went to Beijing to appeal. While in Beijing, plainclothes policemen arrested her. They then informed the police from her city and returned her to her hometown where she was detained for 15 days. In September 1999, she again went to appeal and again she was arrested by the Jingqiao police.. Then, in October 1999, the Jingqiao police went to her home and asked her if she planned on continuing her Falun Dafa practice. She said yes; so she was taken to the brainwashing class held at the Drug Treatment Center and forced to pay 500 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average worker's salary]for each moth that she was detained. Later Dafa practitioners who were detained there went on a collective hunger strike and were released. But, she was still under 24 hour surveillance. A week after her release, Jingqiao Police arrested her and sent her to Yingkou Labor Camp for two years forced labor. There she was forced to do heavy labor and endure tortures which included electric shock..

In March 2000, Ms. Zhang Juxian was transferred to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. In January 2001, she was released. Then in June 2001, she went to Yingkou Forced Labor Camp to send righteous thoughts and was arrested and sent to Dashiqiao Detention Center, where she was detained for 15 days. After an additional fifteen days of detention, she went on a hunger strike before she was finally released. During this period of time, she was force fed once. This time when she returned home, her husband was under great pressure to divorce her. The day after their divorce was finalized, she was detained again. She went on another hunger strike. On August 22nd, 2001, she was sentenced to three years forced labor and was sent to Masanjia for the second time. She was brainwashed day and night. Later, she was forced to compromise, but three months later she declared that she would continue to practice Falun Dafa.

In the labor camp, she continually demanded that she be released unconditionally. When higher authorities came to examine the labor camp she was the perfect reflection of the conditions in the labor camp. After that, whenever someone came to examine the camp, the guards isolated her to solitary confinement. From January 2002 to August 2002, Ms. Zhang Juxian went on a hunger strike many times and was forced fed many times. Because she refused to cooperate, whenever she was not held down by dozens of "reformed" prisoners, her arms and legs were handcuffed to the bedposts, ropes bound her chest, then, the evil guards would force feed her. During this period of time, the police extorted 1400 Yuan from her mother saying that it was to cover "expenses". The fees were: 31.5 Yuan per day which was broken down into: 20 Yuan for labor, 10 Yuan for tubes , and 1.5 Yuan for gruel.

She was also given infusions. She was insulted by "reformed" prisoners and guards while she received forced feeding. She was isolated in solitary confinement four times. In confinement, there was a small stool that she was chained to for 24 hours a day. She could only go to washroom once in the morning and once in the evening. The longest time she was chained up like this was for half a month. Later, a metal chair was with leg and arm rests was put in the cell. Her arms and legs were strapped down and she was locked inside 24 hours a day. Once when she cried "Where are my human rights?", two guards stealthily entered the cell and shocked her with electric clubs, saying, "Here're your human rights!" She was also sent to mental hospital twice. In August 2002, she was allowed for a parole, but when it came to the execution of the parole, she was told that she was only given a month's leave instead of a parole. However, at the time when she left policemen extorted 1400 Yuan from her mother.

One month after she returned home, she went to tell the Dashiqiao City Law and Political Committee Secretary : "I did not do anything wrong by practicing Falun Gong. I should not be sent to Masanjia." But the secretary replied, "I will send you back if you do not transform."

So, she has been left with no choice, but to wander about homeless to avoid further persecution. In September 2002, while she distributed materials that told the truth about the persecution, she was arrested by Qinghua Police and sent to detention center. There she went on a hunger strike. An evil guard, named Wang Dashan, ordered inmates to fill her mouth with urine and feces. On October 9th she was transferred to Dashiqiao Detention Center. On December 27th 2002, she was sentenced to three years in prison because guards found that she had 24 brochures containing facts about the persecution.