Latest News from China - 07/10/2003
- [Jingyuan County, Gansu Province] Policemen Cut Open Falun Dafa Practitioner Gao Qingyang's Throat to Force-Feed Him
- [Heyuan City, Guangdong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Chen Shi'e Unlawfully Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Two Cases of Persecution against Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Humeng, Inner Mongolia] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Guo Junxiu Suffers Inhumane Torture
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Shijiazhuang City "610 Office" Plans New Round of Criminal Activities
- [Liaoning Province] Liaoning Police Striving to Meet "Forced Labor Education Quota" by Unlawfully Arresting Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] An Update from Dalian
- [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Public Notices Offer Monetary Rewards to Residents Who Provide Leads to Capture Falun Dafa Practitioners
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Yue Yang Remains Incarcerated at the Provincial Capital Brainwashing Center
- [Gongyi City, Henan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Wu Huiyuan Unlawfully Taken to a Brainwashing Center
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ms. Zang Yufeng and Ms. Li Huizhen and Others Unlawfully Taken Away from Their Homes
- [Jingyuan City, Gansu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yue Unlawfully Sent to the Gansu Province No. 1 Forced Labor Camp
- [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Records of Persecuting Falun Dafa Practitioners by the Chief of Gangyao Town Police Station in Longtan District
- [Lushun City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners, Please Pay Attention to Safety Issues
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Evidence about the Persecution against Falun Dafa Practitioners by the Tianhe District Police
1. [Jingyuan County, Gansu Province] Policemen Cut Open Falun Dafa Practitioner Gao Qingyang's Throat to Force-Feed Him
In November 2002, the Jingyuan County Police Department and its Pingchuan Division unlawfully arrested Falun Dafa practitioners Mr. Feng Xinlei and Mr. Gao Qingyang for clarifying facts about Falun Gong. Both practitioners were later unlawfully sentenced to three years of forced labor. The "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] sent them directly to the Si'erping Forced Labor Camp in Jingyuan County. The labor camp refused to take them in as a SARS prevention measure. Mr. Feng and Mr. Gao were thus brought back to the Pingchuan Division of the Police Department. They initiated hunger strikes to protest their unlawful persecution. Mr. Feng stopped his hunger strike two days later. Mr. Gao Qingyang had been on hunger strike for twelve days by the time this information was released. He was in critical condition. The police cut open his throat to barbarically force-feed him. His current situation is unknown.
2. [Heyuan City, Guangdong Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Chen Shi'e Unlawfully Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
In April 2003, the Heyuan City police broke into Ms. Chen Shi'e's home and took away all Falun Gong related materials. They also stole 700 yuan in cash. [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.] The authorities unlawfully sentenced Ms. Chen to two years of forced labor falsely charging her with possession of Falun Gong materials and teaching her own child to practice Falun Gong. Ms. Chen is currently held in the Sanshui Women's Rehabilitation Institute.
3. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Two Cases of Persecution against Falun Dafa Practitioners
Ms. Han Lanlan, 46, lives in the Qingnian Building of the Light Weight Vehicles Factory in the New and High Technology Zone of Jilin City, Jilin Province. In March 2003, officers from the Changjiang Road Police Station affiliated with the New and High Technology Division of the local Police Department unlawfully searched Ms. Han's home. She had prepared documents related to a lawsuit against Jiang Zemin, which were confiscated. She was unlawfully sentenced to one year of forced labor and is being held in the Heizuizi Women's Forced Labor Camp. Since July 20, 1999, this police station has unlawfully sent a total of seven Falun Dafa practitioners to the forced labor camp; the six other practitioners are Ms. Xie Fengchun, Mr. Pan Zhaowen, Mr. Chen Jixin, Ms. Li Shuqin, Ms. Zhao Shuzhen, and Mr. Wang Dagong.
Ms. Lu Shuzhen, 52, lives in the Fengman District, Jilin City, Jilin Province. This year, she was under the surveillance of the Jilin State Security Bureau for numerous days. On March 11, officers from the State Security Bureau, the Jilin City Police Department, the Fengman District Division of the Police Department, and the Jiangnan Police Stations attempted to pry open Ms. Lu's door. They rushed into the room after Ms. Lu's son returned home and took away a personal computer, a laser printer, an ink-jet printer, and a couple of cassette recorders. Ms. Lu was unlawfully sentenced to two years of forced labor education for simply saying Falun Dafa is good during her interrogation in the police department. She is being held in the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. Labor camp officials have deprived her of sleep in order to coerce her to renounce her belief. Her family members were shocked to see how much her appearance had deteriorated due to dramatic weight loss from the inhumane conditions of the labor camp. Much of her hair has also turned gray.
4. [Humeng, Inner Mongolia] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Guo Junxiu Suffers from Inhumane Torture
Ms. Guo Junxiu, 37, is a Falun Dafa practitioner in Humeng, Inner Mongolia. She was unlawfully sentenced to three years of forced labor for going to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa. Previously, she was held in the Tumuji Forced Labor Camp. She has gone on numerous hunger strikes to uphold her belief and defy the authorites, who tormented her. The police secretly transferred her and five other Falun Dafa practitioners to the Hohhot Women's Forced Labor, to prevent her righteous thoughts from positively influencing other people. Ms. Guo Junxiu continued her protest by going on a hunger strike. Police officers beat her viciously and knocked out two of her front teeth, tied her to the bed-frame to apply electric shock, and stuffed her mouth with dirty socks to prevent her from speaking out.
5. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Shijiazhuang City "610 Office" Plans a New Round of Criminal Activities
It has been learned that the Shijiazhuang City "610 Office" recently has demanded offices, organizations, and enterprises in its jurisdiction to start a new campaign to sabotage Falun Dafa, persecute Falun Dafa practitioners by forcing them to write the so-called "three statements" [denouncing Falun Dafa], and forcibly subject those who refuse to give in to brainwashing centers for escalated abuse.
6. [Liaoning Province] Liaoning Police Striving to Meet "Forced Labor Education Quota" by Unlawfully Arresting Falun Gong Practitioners
By August 20, during the so called "100 Day Drive," some police departments in Liaoning Province took the following measures to meet a "forced labor education quota": The "quota" was distributed among various sections and brigades in the police departments creating difficulties for divisions other than the political security section, which is primarily responsible for the persecution of Falun Gong, to meet their assigned quotas. As a result, all divisions are now geared up to capture Falun Gong practitioners in order to meet their quota. Internal policies stating that practitioners turned in by informers should be sent to forced labor camps immediately were established. No verification of the accusation is needed, as any excuse such as "distributing leaflets" or "writing posters" can be fabricated to deceive the public.
7. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] An Update from Dalian
A new round of suppression of Falun Gong practitioners assigned to police officers in a recent meeting.
8. [Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province] Public Notices Offer Monetary Rewards to Residents Providing Leads to Capture of Falun Dafa Practitioners
Recently, public notices have been posted in all the residential areas across Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province announcing "anyone who apprehends or provides information leading to the capture of practitioners who post or distribute Falun Gong materials will be awarded 200 -- 5,000 yuan." According to sources in the police departments and the neighborhood administration offices, a new campaign to specifically target Falun Dafa practitioners who post and distribute materials presenting facts of the persecution has been under way since the second half of June. Police stations and neighborhood administration offices take turns patroling or staking out the entire city around the clock. Any suspects are to be placed in immediate custody. Insiders claim that the persecution against Falun Dafa practitioner has never been so harsh.
9. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Yue Yang Remains Incarcerated at the Provincial Capital Brainwashing Center
It has been reported that Mr. Yue Yang, who is more than 30 years old, was unlawfully brought to the detention center in January 2003. Later he was secretly transferred to the Provincial Capital Brainwashing Center. He has since remained in the isolated facility. Information about his status has been tightly blocked, and details about Mr. Yue's treatment are not available.
10. [Gongyi City, Henan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Wu Huiyuan Unlawfully Taken to a Brainwashing Center
Falun Dafa practitioner Wu Huiyuan is from Dahuangye Village at Zhangjie in Gongyi City, Henan Province. The police unlawfully arrested him recently. Prior to that, he had been sent to brainwashing centers numerous times. Six other Falun Dafa practitioners in Shechun Village have also been unlawfully taken to the brainwashing center.
Telephone number of the Huiguo Town Division of the Police Department in Gongyi City, Henan Province: 86-371-4234123.
11. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners Ms. Zang Yufeng and Ms. Li Huizhen and Others Unlawfully Taken Away from Their Homes
At the beginning of June, Ms. Zang Yuefeng, Ms. Li Huizhen, Ms. Niu Tongling, Ms. Liu Chunling, and Ms. Feng Caiqin were unlawfully taken away from their homes. They are currently being held in the Guancheng District Detention Center.
Guancheng Division of the Police Department: 86-371-6229936 (main line), 86-371-6222746 (general office of staff on duty).
12. [Jingyuan City, Gansu Province] Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yue Unlawfully Sent to the Gansu Province No. 1 Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Yue lives in downtown Jingyuan County. In early June 2003, police officers from the Jingyuan County Police Department "610 Office" pressured her to reveal the source of Teacher's recent articles. She refused and was thus sent to the notorious Gansu Province No.1 Forced Labor Camp.
13. [Jilin City, Jilin Province] Records of Persecuting Falun Dafa Practitioners by the Chief of Gangyao Town Police Station in Longtan District
Around 9:00 pm on July 20, 2003, Lu, who is the head of Gangyao Police Station climbed over a wall and broke into Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Cuiqin's home and handcuffed her. He unlawfully took her to the police station and later sent her to the Changchun Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for one year of forced labor education.
While the two national conferences were held in Beijing (around March 13, 2003), Lu led other people to break into Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Sun Xicheng's home. They abducted Mr. Sun and sent him to the Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp. The forced labor camp administration refused to take in Mr. Sun citing his poor physical condition. Lu refused to give up and sent Mr. Sun to the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp, which again declined to accept him. Mr. Sun was then sent back to the police station, and his family members were summoned. Lu tried to extort the family members who are not Falun Gong practitioners out of 2,000 Yuan, a sum they could not afford. Finally, he extorted 1,000 Yuan from the family plus a written promise that they would pay an additional 20,000 Yuan, if Mr. Sun Xicheng ever associates with other Falun Dafa practitioners.
On June 30, 2003, Ms. Song E and her younger sister Song Yan were distributing Falun Gong truth materials when informers spotted them. Lu led three other people to their home to unlawfully arrest them and conducted a search. The sisters were sent to the Jilin City No. 3 Detention Center the same day, and transferred to the Changchun City Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp on July 1.
Telephone number of the Gangyao Town Police Station in Longtan District, Jilin City, Heilongjiang Province: 86-432-4959001.
14. [Lushun City, Liaoning Province] Falun Dafa Practitioners, Please Pay Attention to Safety Issues
Around 3:00 am on June 18, 2003, two Falun Dafa practitioners distributing Falun Gong truth clarifying materials were unlawfully captured by police officers. The practitioners are now being held in the Heishijiao Brainwashing Center in Dalian City, Liaoning Province.
According to reliable sources, government officials and police officers in the suburbs of Lushun City are looking for every opportunity to unlawfully send Falun Gong practitioners to brainwashing facilities.
15. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Evidence about the Persecution against Falun Dafa Practitioners by the Tianhe District Police
In mid-May 2003, police officers from the Wushan Police Station unlawfully apprehended Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Huihang at the No. 5 Information and Electronics Research Institute where she works and took her to the Tianhe Brainwashing Center, which is located in the wilderness of the Tangxia area in Tianhe District. Although over a month has passed, Ms. Li's family members have been denied visits. They are not even allowed to send clothes or other necessities. Ms. Li Huihang's current situation remains unknown.
The Tianhe Brainwashing Center has hired a group of collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have been brainwashed and gone along the devious paths] who arrived from Beijing. They signed a one-year contract with the Tianhe Division of the Police Department with a monthly compensation of 1,000 yuan. These collaborators take turns to assist the police carry out persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners around the clock. They coerce practitioners to write the "three statements" [denouncing Falun Gong] by depriving practitioners of rest and sleep. Each practitioner is provided only two under sized meals a day. Details on other abusive measures are not yet available.
July 9, 2003