The Ruthless Torture of Falun Dafa Practitioners at Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou, Hunan Province
1. In March 2001, Ms. Zuo Shuchun, a native of Changsha, went on a hunger strike in order to protest the police's persecution of Falun Gong. In response, the police led eight criminal inmates to force feed her. They barbarically restrained her body, pried open her teeth, and inserted a bamboo tube that was 3 centimers in diameter into her throat. They force-fed rice through the tube which entered her lungs. She died from suffocation.
2. Ms. Yang Youyuan, a 59-year-old native of Huaihua, persisted in practicing Falun Gong. Yi Jin'e (female) and Zhao Baoliang, the Vice-Director of the camp at that time, forcefully sent Yang to Zhuzhou City Mental Hospital. For more than three months, they tortured her with injections of nerve debilitating drugs once a week whereas the normal dosage for actually ill patients was once a month. These medicines caused severe damage to Yang's body, including: nausea, vomitting, fatigue, memory loss, unconsciousness, and loss of body control. Yang still had serious complications from these drugs half a year later.
3. Ms. Su Bilan, a 60-year-old native of Changsha persisted in practicing Falun Gong exercises and went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention. The police violently dragged her to the Medical Office to be force-fed. Lu Yongquan, a female doctor and currently the director of the Medical Office, secretly put an unknown substance in the fluid. Su immediately developed burning stomach pain and vomitted blood. When openly questioned by Su, Lu stopped the procedure and rapidly removed the substance.
4. Ms. Wang Fuhua, a native of Chenzhou, went on a hunger strike as her last possible form of protest against the police brutality. The police forcefully pried open her teeth to fed her and broke three of her teeth.
5. In order to force Falun Dafa practitioners to give up their beliefs, the police officers attempted to break-up the practitioners' marriages. They called the schools where practitioners' children attend and made threats. They even asked the practitioners' work units to use economic sanctions and cut off the practitioners' incomes. The police also spread rumors and ordered the inmates to torture the practitioners.
6. Policeman Xiao from the Special Police Team attempted to force Ms. Wang Ping, a practitioner from Yueyang, to suffer forced standing. Being denied compliance, Xiao kicked Wang several dozen times with leather boots while saying claiming that he wasn't hitting Wang.
7. In August 2002, the police sent many female practitioners including Ms. Wen Xiaoping, Ms. Liu Yuwei, and Ms. Tang Yong to solitary confinement for as long as half a month because they refused to renounce Falun Gong. The cells are built into a hill and are less than 2 square meters each. The cell has a 1.5-meter-long cement floor and an earth pit for defication. During the daytime, the indoor temperature reaches above 40 oC [~104oF] and at night the temperature abruptly drops and becomes very chilly. The police prohibited the practitioners from washing their faces, bathing, using toilet paper, or using any blankets at night. In order to prevent the practitioners from practicing the exercises, the police put helmets and straight jackets on the practitioners. Sometimes, they left the practitioners handcuffed all night. The practitioners were covered with insect bites.
8. The camp established a team called "Attacking the Determined" in order to "reform" the resolute practitioners. This team occupies one whole floor of a building. The male police officers would order the inmates to leave and close the door, they would then beat the practitioners while saying, "Who sees that you are being beaten? Nobody! We are the law, and we can violate the law."
9. Since August 1, 2002, the police sent determined practitioners Guo Xueling, Wang Fuhua, Qin Sulan, Cao Xianghui, Wen Xiaoping, and Feng Weizhen to the "Attacking the Determined Team." They only sent three practitioners at a time and ordered three inmates to monitor each practitioner 24 hours a day. These inmates followed practitioners while eating, washing, and using the toilet and forbid any contact between practitioners. Police Huang Weimin personally selected some inmates from different teams including Liu Xiaoyu from Chenzhou, Yao Ying from Shaoyang, Yu Wengui from Hengyang, and Haiyan from Loudi who were notorious for viciously persecuting others.
The female inmates forced the practitioners to recite the "Inmate Rules." Male special police officers would then beat and use electric batons to shock those practitioners who refused. The electric shocks left dark-colored burns on their private parts, knees, and groins. In order to prevent practitioners from crying, they gagged practitioners' mouths with towells and taped their mouths shut tightly. Later, they forcefully pulled the tape off along with the practitioners' hair. They handcuffed practitioners to the steel bunk beds in such a way that the practitioners could not stand up straight or sit down. The Practitioners' flesh was cut open by the handcuffs and later began to fester and develop abscesses. Many practitioners still have wounds from this torture.
The police ordered practitioners to stand straight all night without closing their eyes or leaning on the bed and put a small stool against the practitioners' neck and back. As soon as a practitioner relaxed a little bit and the stool moved, the inmates would immediately beat the practitioner. They forced the practitioners to watch videos slandering Falun Gong. When the practitioners did not sit straight and watch, the male special police officers would cuff their hands to the bed, slapped their faces and beat them with electric batons. Some police officers hung the practitioners up and beat them while forcing them to watch the videos.
10. During the daytime, the police forced the practitioners to make wire connections for small lights. While the inmates need to finish 80 sets, they forced the practitioners to finish 100 sets. The practitioners had to work from 6 a.m. with only three breaks for meals and still could not finish the quota until 4-5 a.m. the next day, causing them severe sleep deprivation. During the hot summer, they continuously worked while sitting on a small stool day after day. They developed open sores on their buttocks' with large festered areas. They lost sensation in their hands and arms from the cuffing and became delirious with slow response and poor concentration from chronic sleep deprivation.
The female police officers that participated in the persecution of practitioners in the "Attacking the Determined Team" included Chief Zheng Xia, Huang Weimin, Yuan Jiahui, and Zhu Rong.
According to the February 2003 issue of the camp's publication Jieling Women's Post, in the persecution of Falun Gong, Ding Cailan, the female Chief of the No. 7.28 Squad, received the "first-place award" and Yuan Lihua, Zheng Xia, Chen Dongxia, and Wang Huanian received the "second-place award."
A list of the evil people in the camp: Yi Jin'e, Zhao Baoliang, Lu Yongquan, Huang Weimin, Zheng Xia, Ding Cailan, Yuan Lihua, Yuan Jiahui, Zhu Rong, Chen Dongxia, Wang Nianhua and police Xiao.
Baimalong Forced Labor Camp's address: Beimalong at Baifeng District in Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province
Phone numbers (Please dial 86-733 first):
Office: 8634800; Administration Division: 8634811; Management Section: 8634601; Education Section: 8634602; Disciplinary Office: 8634819
The Zhuzhou City Third Hospital (Zhuzhou City Mental Hospital) address: Xiangyang Square at Hetang District, Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province, zip code: 412003
Phone numbers (Please dial 86-733 first):
Office: 2494837; Administration Division: 2497100; Accounting Division: 2493718