Falun Dafa Practitioners in Australia Launch "Bring Jiang to Justice" Petition Drive (Photos)
(Clearwisdom.net) June 9 2003 report: Melbourne Falun Gong practitioners have started a "Bring Jiang to Justice" petition drive. They composed a petition letter to Prime Minister Howard and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, asking them to express their support for the lawsuit against Jiang Zemin.
The front page of the letter has pictures of over 30 practitioners who were tortured to death. On the back, it listed Jiang's crimes against humanity. They are:
- Capitalizing on the Tiananmen Massacre of 1989 to seize the position of president
- Deceiving the world by covering up the SARS outbreak, causing extensive loss of life for people in China and around the world
- Instigating the shameful persecution and illegal imprisonment of millions of Falun Gong practitioners
- Instigating the murder of innumerable Falun Gong Practitioners (the death toll is unknown);
- Recently arresting 180 Falun Gong practitioners for exposing the truth about SARS
- Establishing the illegal "610 Office", a bureau with supreme authority above every level of the Chinese government, specifically to persecute Falun Gong
- Exhausting 25% of China's financial resources to "eradicate" Falun Gong practitioners
- Mobilizing the media to spread anti-Falun Gong propaganda world-wide
- Illegally imprisoning foreign citizens, such as U.S. Citizen, Charles Li, M.D.
- Building brainwashing centers and misusing psychiatric hospitals to break the will of Falun Gong practitioners
- Using tactics such as diplomatic pressure, political incentives and trade agreements to buy the silence of foreign governments
- Conspiring to commit civil rights violations in free countries outside of China
- Outlawing the pursuit of higher moral standards
- Capitalizing on people's apathy and indifference to carry out large scale persecution
- Forcing otherwise good people to persecute Falun Gong practitioners against their conscience
- Deceiving the world and endangering humanity
During Jiang's last visit to America in October 2002, individual plaintiffs filed a class action lawsuit in the United States District Court for genocide. The lawsuit caused a strong reaction among China's top leaders. Jiang has expressed his desire "to stop the lawsuit regardless of the cost." This is the second instance of a Chinese leader being sued in a foreign country. Former Premier Li Peng was sued for the "6.4 Tiananmen Massacre," The case also has attracted much attention among foreign media and overseas Chinese.
Falun Gong practitioners have set up a special website for this lawsuit, which can be found at: http://www.flgjustice.org. People who are interested in this case can check the website for more information.