Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions

Several Anecdotes

A Falun Dafa practitioner was abducted to a forced labor camp. He got up at midnight to study the Fa and practice the Falun Gong exercises. Early in the morning he volunteered to do cleaning work, and while he was mopping the floor, a police officer was opening the steel gates. He told the officer to leave the key with him, and the officer left. He immediately unlocked several steel gates, followed the group of inmates on their way to the work site and walked out of the forced labor camp.

A Falun Dafa practitioner went atop the Tiananmen tower. He saw police officers conducting body searches and also noticed that surveillance equipment was all over the place. He said to himself, "They cannot see or find a thing," and then he hung a banner that said "Falun Dafa is good" on top of the tower with ease.

A Falun Dafa practitioner was riding a bicycle in the snow to the countryside to distribute materials about the facts of Falun Gong. While riding down a hill, since the slope was steep and the road was icy, it was too late to brake the bicycle. However, the bicycle suddenly turned around and faced uphill. The practitioner was out of danger.

Falun Dafa practitioners went to the countryside to distribute truth-clarifying materials about Falun Gong facts overnight. At around midnight, a practitioner was too tired to walk and her feet were bleeding. She was thinking about taking a good rest. However, a beam of light appeared ahead of her. She realized, "No matter how tired I am, I can't stop, as there is someone ahead who deserves a chance to be offered salvation."

One day a Falun Dafa practitioner who is a taxi driver saw over 1,000 Yuan in cash forgotten by a passenger in his car. He turned in the cash to the taxi company and told them that he is a Falun Gong practitioner.

A Falun Dafa practitioner was unlawfully abducted when he went to visit a fellow practitioner who was held at a detention center. When he was taken to a division of the police department, police officers surrounded him and beat him for almost twelve hours. However, no matter how frenzied the officers became and no matter what the threat was, he had only one thought in mind, "I can't stay here; to rectify the Fa is the most important thing. Master will arrange everything." Later, the police set him free.

An 87-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner became free of illnesses after practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. At the beginning of 2001, she left her home to validate Falun Dafa. By winter of 2001, she found that her body was turning younger. At her age, it was not easy to walk far away. Her children were reluctant to have her go out posting materials that explain the facts about Falun Gong. However she said, "I am a Falun Dafa practitioner and I have to help save people. It's my responsibility." From then on, she was accompanied by her children each time she went out to validate the Fa as if they went out to visit relatives and returned safely. With the example she set, her six children were all steadfast in cultivation and stepped forward to validate Falun Dafa.

An account of a practitioner who went to Beijing to appeal: going there in a rush and returning safely. I had been studying the Fa at home. Finally I got in contact with other fellow practitioners, and they provided me with Dafa materials and Teacher's new articles. Then, I started to produce banners, and whenever there was time, I went out to hang the banners and distribute leaflets. The local assistant and I went to Beijing to validate the Fa. We headed directly toward Tiananmen Square. I unfurled a banner and kept saying, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa! Restore the reputation of my Teacher!" On our way home, we posted leaflets along the way. It was an extraordinarily smooth journey.

The Truth and People's Hearts

Examples of Evil Being Met with Retribution in China

Di Xiushan was a member of the joint security team at Dongsheng Township in Kangping County, Liaoning Province. He had been patrolling all day. He used to take down all the Falun banners, peel them off all the posts, and tear apart all the leaflets he saw. He also led other officers to arrest three Falun Dafa practitioners who were working on clarifying the facts. Recently, a big tumor grew on his heel. He has spent over 10,000 Yuan for treatment, but it has gotten even worse. Now he is on crutches.

Liu Deming was a government official holding the rank of deputy bureau chief. He retired from the Party's disciplinary committee at Zhuanghe City in Dalian, Liaoning Province. He recently died of illnesses.

Another Story

I started feeling uncomfortable all over my body in February 2002. A checkup in the hospital indicated that I was suffering from pancreatic cancer and a stomach ulcer. None of the several hospitals I stayed in was able to treat me successfully. I entered the final stage of the cancer, and I gave up the treatments and came back home to wait for death. Falun Dafa practitioners who learned about my illness came to visit me again and earnestly persuaded me, "Only Falun Dafa can save you." I was touched. Thinking that I was about to die anyway, what else did I fear? I made a concerted effort to get up to study the Fa and to do the Falun Gong exercises. Two months later, I was almost back to normal. Friends around me have been marveled at my recovery.

Facts of the Persecution

Police officers in Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province have brutally tortured Falun Gong practitioners. In November 2000, the Dongling Police Station and Weizigou Police Station in Gongzhuling City unlawful tailed, abducted and tortured Falun Dafa practitioners. People responsible for the persecution include Zhang Fulin, chief of the political security section in the Police Department of Gongzhuling City, and Wang Dongshen and other officers at the Gongzhuling Detention Center.

The Women's Prison in Fuzhou City, Fujian Province has conducted inhumane brainwashing sessions and instigated inmates to engage in persecution of Dafa practitioners.

  1. Newly arrived Falun Gong practitioners have been deprived of sleep by cellmates and officers. The mental torture continues unless one writes statements promising to quit practicing Falun Gong.
  2. Practitioners have been forced to watch TV programs and read materials defaming Falun Gong throughout the day. If no articles criticizing Falun Gong have been written by the practitioners, the torture continues on until midnight.
  3. Practitioners have been deprived of sleep and forced to stand for several days in a row, until their feet were swollen badly and disfigured.
  4. Practitioners have been monitored by inmates and even their rights to use the restroom have been restricted.
  5. The implication policy has been carried out to have cellmates punished along with Falun Gong practitioners. The goal is to incite anger among cellmates against Falun Gong practitioners.

In the newly constructed Fuzhou Prison Hospital, many Falun Dafa practitioners are being tortured mentally with psychiatric medicine. On April 17, 2003, I was thrown into this hospital. I had no symptoms and required no treatment whatsoever. When the staff demanded urine samples, I refused. The nurse Xue Duanping pinched my inner thighs with force. Then she threw hard objects at me and whipped my face with tubes. When others asked her to stop, she refused. According to Xue's own account, she had franticly tortured Falun Dafa practitioner Wei Jianyue. She enjoyed inserting and then pulling out tubes through practitioners' noses and did this to practitioner Wei Jianyu seven times in a day.

News from around the World

May 3rd is a traditional holiday at Japan's Yonezawa City in Yamagata County. Many tourists from across Japan came to this small town to watch the parade of flower-decorated vehicles and the performance of fighting ancient warriors. Local Falun Dafa practitioners joined those from Sendai University in distributing newspapers and collecting signatures on the petition for the release of Falun Dafa practitioner Yoko Kaneko, who is imprisoned in China. Over 6,000 newspapers were distributed that day. To apply for a permit for this activity, local practitioners had visited the police station to present the facts about Falun Gong.

In the past year, we have been petitioning in front of the Chinese consulate general in Chicago. We have kept only one thought in mind, which is to expose the dark forces within China and urge the Jiang regime to stop persecuting Falun Dafa. In 1996, I retired early because of poor health. In 1997, I had a hysterectomy and my health still did not improve. However, after I started the cultivation of Falun Dafa to become a good person, all my illnesses went away. Falun Dafa has opened up an incomparably splendid path for me.

News from China

According to reports from the World Journal, the former defense minister of China, Chi Haotian, contracted SARS in late April. He was the first among the former high ranking officials to contract SARS. Chi is now in stable condition. Other overseas reports have claimed that Jiang Zemin escaped to Shanghai after the head of the "610 Office"* Luo Gan and another politburo member, Wu Guanzheng, had been infected by SARS. Observers believe that Luo Gan has already died from SARS, which was not made public because Jiang Zemin suppressed this news.

*The 610 Office is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political or judicial systems.

To rescue a person is to rescue an entire family. My mother Chen Jingjiang is 53 years old. Prior to practicing Falun Gong, she suffered from numerous chronic illnesses. After starting to practice Falun Gong, all her illnesses went away one after another. She has also become a kinder person, putting other people's interests ahead of her own. After the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, my mother was sentenced to three years of forced labor. She had to work heavy assignments for extended hours under severe conditions. Recently, she was put into isolation, and I haven't heard from her since. I haven't seen her for over four years. I have been so worried about my parents. My family situation is quite common in today's China, where millions families are being unjustly persecuted.

Here are some experiences of little Tongtong. Tongtong's mother stopped practicing Falun Gong after the persecution began. When Tongtong was fourteen months old, one night he suddenly had a high fever in the middle of the night. Tongtong's mother wasn't able to find any doctors and thus thought about Falun Dafa and requested Teacher's help. Tongtong's mother kept reciting, "[Falun] Dafa is good! [Falun] Dafa is good!" A moment later, little Tongtong imitated his mother by pronouncing, "[Falun] Dafa is good!" Not long after that, his fever receded. Tongtong is now two years old. One day he picked up a Falun Dafa book, and his mother asked him what he was doing. He replied, "Studying the Fa." Another day, Tongtong climbed in bed and tried to cross his legs. His mother asked him what he was trying to do, and he replied, "Doing Falun Gong exercises."