(Clearwisdom.net May 18, 2003) I am a Hong Kong resident, and a housewife. Here I want to tell you the story about my older sister Liang Hua, a steadfast Falun Gong practitioner, and her experience of being brutally persecuted over the past three years.

My sister is a gentle, pretty, honest, virtuous and pure Chinese woman. She used to have a good husband, a good family and a happy, quiet life. After July 20, 1999 when Jiang's regime started to persecute Falun Gong, she lost her quiet and happy family life, and even lost her freedom, because she persisted in her belief.

Starting from July 20, 1999 the police of Jiangyou City Sichuan Province began to follow and trace Falun Gong practitioners. On the same day, she was taken to the local police station for interrogation. In October 1999, she was detained for over 40 days by Jiangyou City police in order to coerce her to give up practicing Falun Gong. After my sister was released, the policemen threatened her not to contact any other practitioners and exchange experiences. In a meeting with other practitioners, she was detained for the second time for 15 days by Jiangyou police department. During the detention time, the police threatened her husband to make him divorce her. The policemen said to my sister, "If you don't give up practicing Falun Gong, our directors (Director of Police Department and Director of Commercial and Industrial Department) will lose their positions." After she was released, the Police ordered her husband to be responsible for her going out; thus forcing him to lock her in house for several months.

In June 2000, facing the nationwide propaganda of slandering Falun Gong and the illegal detentions and arrests in Jiangyou City, and in order to let the government knew the truth about Falun Gong, my sister went to Beijing to appeal--but the Appeal Office of the State Council was guarded by policemen and plainclothes agents from each province. They arrested anyone who went to appeal for Falun Gong. My sister felt compelled to go to Tiananmen Square. She was arrested for the third time. She went on hunger strike to protest the illegal arrest. The policemen in Beijing treated her like a criminal, put heavy handcuffs and shackles on her and force-fed her violently.

July 2000, she was transferred to the Temporary Detention Center in Shatian Huiyang County Guangdong Province and detained for 15 days. Her husband was demoted and their daily life was under constant threat of harassment by local police. To reduce pressure on her husband, Liang Hua left home and went to Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. She found temporary jobs to make a living, but the slanderous propaganda against Falun Gong became more and more widespread in China. Being a practitioner, she improved her character and her health. She was one of the millions of people who benefited from Falun Gong. She decided to appeal to Beijing's central government again to ask the government stop framing its people and stop persecuting Falun Gong.

On January 23, 2001 she saw police beat up Falun Gong practitioners on Tiananmen Square. Even before she did a Falun Gong gesture or spoke a word, she was arrested. The police handcuffed her to the back of a chair, took off her overcoat, and turned on a fan to blow the cold winter air on her. Not feeling this torture was enough, the police poured cold water on her body, one mug after another. In the end, she was sent to Shatian Temporary Detention Center in Huiyang County Guangdong Province.

There, she resisted all interrogation and went on hunger strike for 8 days. The resident, Dr. Liu, was very angry. Then the director called up several strong men (criminal inmates) to push my sister to the ground. They used wooden sticks to beat her face, mouth and teeth, and used pliers to pull her teeth and smash her mouth. My sister's face was injured, her teeth were broken, and her mouth and lips festered. Blood covered her body and the ground. Later, the thugs dragged her around by the hair.

In March 2001, policemen from Jiangyou City Sichuan Province escorted my sister to Sichuan Province, but she successfully broke away. The Sichuan Police tried to seize her everywhere and threatened her relatives. Unfortunately, she was arrested again in Huhan City, Hubei Province two months later.

My sister was detained in Mianyang City First Detention Center Sichuan Province. The TV station went to the Detention center and wanted my sister to lie to the audience, repeating the words in their script to frame Falun Gong. My sister bluntly refused.

On December 5, 2001, my sister was secretly put on trial without any relatives present and without an attorney to defend her. The person who accused her and presented the so called "evidence" didn't even know her. She was sentenced to 12-years in prison by the Fucheng District Court, Mianyang City, Sichuan Province. On the same day, many other practitioners were sentenced to imprisonment, including Lin Li, Wang Fang, Jing Shaofang, Jiang Nianli, Luo Yuanhe. What they did was to tell the truth to the Chinese people. (Minghui Net January 14 2002 published an article about this.) Later, my sister was sent to Miaoxi Prison in Lushan County Ya'an City Sichuan Province.

Before the New Year 2003, she was transferred to a forced labor camp called Tianqing Garment Factory in Wen'an Township Longquanyi, Chengdu City. In the forced labor camp, she didn't have any freedom and was forced to do heavy labor. She was under surveillance around the clock. Every morning at 4 a.m., she was forced to get up and run and endure brainwashing techniques. In the cold of winter, she didn't have a thick coat, socks or shoes. Her hands and feet were covered in sores. Her trousers were torn, and the heels of her shoes separated. When her relatives visited her, police monitored them. Not long ago, the police tried to force her to write a repentance letter to give up practicing Falun Gong. She refused, so the police beat her up brutally. The guards at the Tianqing Garment Factory used metal needles to stab her hands because she practiced the exercises. The cruel torture left many injuries on her body. When her family member finally saw her, she said, "If you come a little later, you may not be able to see me alive."

My elder sister is a kind, beautiful and traditional woman. She taught me to be kind and obedient. When my father was very ill, she took care of him. She cares about the family members and took care of my little sister and me.

A good person like my sister has been detained nine times simply because she wanted to speak the truth after being treated unfairly. For nine times, in nine different places, there were accomplices and hatchet men of Human Rights Scoundrel Jiang. For his own selfishness, Jiang turned China into a place without any physical freedom or freedom of speech.

I ask all the kindhearted people of the world to please pay attention to my sister and the hundreds of thousands of other Falun Gong practitioners being cruelly persecuted. Let's work together to stop Jiang's crimes.

Criminals responsible for the persecution:

Chen Ping, Court Director of Fucheng District Court, Mianyang City, Sichuan Province. Phone (86) (816) 221-0412 (office)
Luodai Wenai Township TianQing Garment Factory (Forced Labor Institute), Longquan Yi, Chengdu City:
Department Manager Yuan: 130-72854772 (cell phone); (86) (28) 8489-8942
Zhou Ying (female): 130-72853747 (cell phone)
Lu Xi (86) (816) 3261351 (office); (86) (816) 3261345 to 3027 Room.
Jiangyou City government building phone center: (86) (816) 3232522
Jiangyou City Police Department: (86) (816) 3268868
Vice Director of Police Department: 138-08112963 (cell phone)
National Security Brigade Office: (86) (816) 3271305
Former Brigade Director: Han Yijun 136-08123538 (cell phone)
Current Brigade Director: Yang Liusong 135-08114696 (cell phone)
Brigade Supervisor Xu Jianxin: (86) (816) 3261345 to Room 3179
Shatian Detention Center Huiyang County (86) (752) 375-2636