(Clearwisdom.net May 3, 2003) In April 2001, police from the Xima Street Police Substation in Jiang'an District, together with the Wuhan City Police Department, Hubei Province, arrested Dafa practitioner Li Yanlin, female, 38 years old, at her home. They interrogated her illegally and then detained her at the First Branch of Police Department No. 7 in Wuhan city (Address: Erzhigou, Dongxihu, Wuhan city, Hubei Province). The police also arrested Ms. Li's mother, Xiao Dongmei, who is also a Dafa practitioner. They seized truth-clarification materials in Ms. Xiao's home and confiscated a computer belonging to Li Yanlin's little brother who was not a practitioner. Although nothing related to Dafa was stored on the computer, the police still have not returned it.

Around June 10, 2002, with no legal grounds, the Jiang'an District Court of Wuhan City sentenced Ms. Li and her mother to three years in jail. They kept the trial secret and did not even inform family members. In court, they both firmly validated Dafa and asked the judge what kind of crime it was to be a good person with high moral standards. The judge had to release the mother with a suspended sentence. Ms. Li was then detained again in the First Branch of Police Department No. 7.

Because Ms. Li knew the sentence was unjust, she tried to appeal many times, but none of her appeals were taken seriously. She resisted the persecution in the detention center and was handcuffed and deprived of sleep many times. The people in her cell all shed tears for her and helped her go to the bathroom with handcuffs on to reduce her suffering. They praised her from the bottom of their hearts; they know that Falun Dafa is good, and that Li Yanlin is worthy of the name "Dafa practitioner."

After Ms. Li was sentenced, her family asked to visit her many times, but their requests were refused. Although her family sent money and goods to the detention center many times, they never received a receipt or a notice signed by Ms. Li. Her family was afraid that she might be hurt while in the detention center, so they kept demanding to see her. The detention center finally allowed her family to see her. They found that Ms. Li Yanlin had suffered a mental breakdown and could not even recognize her family. Everyone in the family cried hard when they realized what a loss this was. The persecution of Ms. Li Yanlin was exposed on Clearwisdom.net. (Reference: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/2/10/31953.html)

Ms. Li's family requested an examination. A doctor examined her and diagnosed her as having severe depression as a result of the persecution. The doctor suggested that she be released on medical bail so that she could stay with her family and recover.

However, Li Yingjie, the head of "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.] in Jiang'an District, was afraid that people would learn the truth about how she was tortured if Li Yanlin were released. He ignored the law. Not only did he not release her; he intensified the persecution. He secretly transferred Ms. Li Yanlin to an unknown location. Now nobody knows her whereabouts. Li Yingjie also tried to arrest her mother, who was then forced to leave home and move about from one place to another to avoid persecution. We request that the "World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong" investigate this case.

Li Yingjie, male, former deputy head of the "610 Office" of Jiang'an District in Wuhan City, was promoted to head of the "610 Office" of Jiang'an District in Wuhan City for his "efforts" in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

May 3, 2003