Latest News from China - 03/07/2003
March 6, 2003
- [Beijing] Dafa Practitioners Are Shot at by Plainclothes Police After They Hang Up Banners on a Street
- [China] Help Fellow Dafa Practitioners Who Are Delivering Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials by Sending Forth Righteous Thoughts
- [Pingdingshan City, Henan Province] Officials in the Tianying Conglomerate Persecute their Own Employees
- [Heilongjiang Province] The Facts of the Persecution of Dafa Practitioners
- [Qianjiang City, Hubei Province] Late-breaking News: Records of the Persecution of Dafa Practitioners
- [Guiyang City, Gui Zhou Province] Dafa Practitioners Are Persecuted
- [Northeast China] Dafa Practitioners in a City in Northeast China Recently Post 2000 Dafa Truth-Clarifying Banners
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The Yuejin Street Police Secretly Torture Dafa Practitioners
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] The Qiugu Forced Labor Camp Jails Determined Dafa Practitioners in an "Intensively Monitored Group"
- [Jingzhou City, Liaoning Province] Police from the Jinzhou Railway Police Station Illegally Arrest Dafa Practitioners
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Several Dafa Practitioners Are Arrested
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Several Dafa Practitioners Are Arrested
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] The Local "610 Office" Starts a New Round of Persecution of Dafa Practitioners
- [Wuchang, Hubei Province] Police Publicly Arrest Dafa Practitioners
- [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Shi Chunli Is Arrested
- [Zhenzhou City, Henan Province] Zhou Jianfeng and Lie Yulan Are Abducted by Police
- [Beijing] Female Dafa Practitioner He Wen Is Illegally Sentenced to Three Years in a Forced Labor Camp
- [Gongan County, Hubei Province] The Crimes Committed by the Local Public Security Bureau, Political and Law-enforcement Committee, and the "610 Office"
- [Jiaozuo City, Henan Province] The Jiaonan Police Paste Notices in Residential Areas that Offer 500 Yuan to Anyone Who Reports Dafa Practitioners Delivering Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Handan City, Hebei Province] The Crimes Committed by the Houcun Township Police Station of Quzhou County
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Evil Officials at the South Fangezhuang Coal Mine, Kailuan District
1. [Beijing] Dafa Practitioners Are Shot at by Plainclothes Police After They Hang Up Banners on a Street
On the morning of March 3, 2003, a few Dafa practitioners were shot at by plainclothes police after they hung up banners on a street. Luckily no one was injured, but one Dafa practitioner's coat was left with a bullet hole in it. Later the police searched the homes of the Dafa practitioners living in that area. It is reported that three Dafa practitioners were arrested.
2. [China] Help Fellow Dafa Practitioners Who Are Delivering Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials by Sending Forth Righteous Thoughts
In our area, one or two Dafa practitioner go out to deliver the Dafa truth-clarifying materials, while the rest of us help them by sending forth righteous thoughts at home. In this way, our fellow practitioners delivering materials have very good conditions and return safely. The evil aims at us as a whole unit, so we should make use of our power as one body and not leave any loopholes for the evils.
3. [Pingdingshan City, Henan Province] Officials in the Tianying Conglomerate Persecute their Own Employees
Zhang Binwen, the chairman of the board of the Tianying Conglomerate, together with his subordinates, have been persecuting Dafa practitioners for a long time. In December 1999, Falun Gong practitioners Zhao Guixiang (female), Tan Ling (female), Ma Shufang (female), and the five members of Ge Yunsheng's family went to Beijing to appeal. Although the Chinese constitution states that citizens have the right to do this, the practitioners were put into detention for half a year, and paid over 10,000 Yuan [Chinese currency, the monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 Yuan] in extortion fees to the security guards in the Tianying Conglomerate before they were released. Also, six Dafa practitioners were fired and five Dafa practitioners were sentenced to one to three years in a forced labor camp. After they were released, they were closely monitored and followed. Even relatives that came to visit them were interrogated.
Since 1999, the Conglomerate and the Zhanhe Public Security Branch have been harassing Dafa practitioners by interrogating or detaining them without reason. Their friends and businesses have been ordered not to associate with Dafa practitioners, which has caused many of them to become homeless, as they were deprived of incomes.
4. [Heilongjiang Province] The Facts of the Persecution of Dafa Practitioners
Sun Yanjun, male, was illegally sentenced to 10 years in prison, and his whereabouts are unknown. Jiao Dianlun, male, was illegally sentenced to seven years in prison, but was carried out of the jail. He was once detained at the Baiquan Detention Center, Qiqihaer City, for a few months, and has paid 20,000 Yuan in extortion fees to police officers.
5. [Qianjiang City, Hubei Province] Late-breaking News: Records of the Persecution of Dafa Practitioners
On the evening of December 13, 2001, Dafa practitioners Ai Zhenhua (female), Yu Shunqiong (female), Li Guiping (female), Li Yuanqiong (female), and Yang Yi, were illegally arrested on a bus by police officers from the Security Section of the Guanghua department of the Jianghan Oil Field. They were all brutally tortured. That night, Yang Yi was tortured until he fainted. A few days later, the five Dafa practitioners were sent to the First Detention Center of the Qianjiang city where they were illegally held for a long time. They were restrained with shackles, handcuffed, and nailed to a metal plate (even condemned prisoners are not treated this way). In December 2002, Ai Zhenhua and Yu Shunqiong were secretly sentenced by the Qianjiang City court to four and half a years in jail. Li Kuiping and Li Yuanqiong were sentenced to four years in jail. Yang Yu was sentenced to three and a half years. Their current situations are unknown.
Recently, it was reported that three more Dafa practitioners were arrested, including Wu Jiang and his mother. They were illegally detained at a brainwashing center in Wuhan City.
Police officers from the Security Section of the Guanghua Department of the Jianghan Oil Field:
Xu Wendou, Lu Jinhua, Xie Jianghua, and Yang Hua.
The Security Section of the Physical Prospecting Department of the Jianghan Oil Field:
Wang Guohui and Gao Jian.
Machinery Maintenance Station: Wang Xiaochuan.
6. [Guiyang City, Gui Zhou Province] Dafa Practitioners Are Persecuted
In mid-October, 2002, Dafa truth TV programs were broadcasted by intercepting the signal in the suburbs of the Guiyang City. The local police, "610 office"[a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches], detectives, and the local government conducted a large-scale investigation to find the people responsible for the broadcast. At least 15 Dafa practitioners were arrested or forced to leave their homes. Several Dafa truth material producing locations and tapes of programs were destroyed. One Dafa practitioner successfully escaped using righteous thoughts, and now is homeless.
7. [Northeast China] Dafa Practitioners in a City in Northeast China Recently Post 2000 Dafa Truth-Clarifying Banners
On Changchun's Falun Dafa day (December 22), practitioners in a Northeast City posted 500 banners composed of red characters on a yellow background. From that date until February 20, 2003, over 2000 banners have been posted.
8. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] The Yuejin Street Police Secretly Torture Dafa Practitioners
In November 2002, police in Shijiazhuang City illegally arrested Dafa practitioners, then blindfolded them and said they were sending them to the Public Security Bureau. But instead, they were taken to the Yuejin Street Police Station where they where slapped in the face, and then handcuffed behind their backs and hung up. The police also confiscated money, pagers, watches, pocket items, etc of the Dafa practitioners.
Phone numbers of the Yuejing Street Police Station:
86-311-5052590í 86-311-5672584í 86-311-5053192í 86-311-5683704
9. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] The Qiugu Forced Labor Camp Jails Determined Dafa Practitioners in an "Intensively Monitored Group"
Since December 9, 2002, 13 determined Dafa practitioners in the Qiugu Forced Labor Camp have been imprisoned in an "Intensively Monitored Group." They were forced to sit on small stools for 12 to 13 hours a day and were required to sit upright with both hands on top of their knees all the time. They were also forced to watch videos and read books that defamed Dafa. No family visits were allowed. They suffered both physically and mentally.
Phone numbers of the Qiugu forced labor camp 86-533-4183421, and the Camp head 86-533-4171941.
10. [Jingzhou City, Liaoning Province] Police from the Jinzhou Railway Police Station Illegally Arrest Dafa Practitioners
In the afternoon of January 29, 2003, police from the Jizhou Railway Police Station brutally arrested five Dafa practitioners as they were binding Dafa truth materials in Wang Xiufang's room. They were taken to the Second Detention Center of Jinzhou City. The five are Wang Xiufang, Zhu Guizhi, Ju, Feng, and Gao. Only a family name is known for the latter three.
11. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Several Dafa Practitioners Are Arrested
Liu Jie, female, about 30 years old, was abducted by four police officers in March 2003, and her whereabouts are still not known.
12. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Several Dafa Practitioners Are Arrested
At about 9 pm on February 27, 2003, dozens of police rushed into a clothing factory behind the Bagua Number One Road in Shenzhen City and arrested four Dafa practitioners. The four included Wang Bo, Liao Nuli, and two females whose names are unknown. One of the female practitioners fainted on the spot and was sent to a hospital. It is reported that she escaped from the hospital.
13. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] The Local "610 Office" Starts a New Round of Persecution of Dafa Practitioners
While the National People's Congress and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) held meetings in March, the Zibo City "610 office" [a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches] started a new round of persecution of Dafa practitioners. On March 2, 2003, the Zichuan District "610 office" opened a brainwashing class at Taihe to persecute Dafa practitioners.
Guo Yunmei, a 58 year old female Dafa practitioner from Zichuan District was arrested and taken to the Zhangdian Detention Center.
14. [Wuchang, Hubei Province] Police Publicly Arrest Dafa Practitioners
At about 9 pm on February 20, 2003, police from the Wuchang District Branch of the Public Security Bureau illegally arrested Dafa practitioner Tang Changjun at a place close to the Shuilu Street kindergarten in full view of the public. The people said: "We previously didn't believe the cruelty of the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners as stated in the Dafa truth clarifying materials; but now I have seen it myself, and it's more cruel and inhumane than I had read."
Dafa practitioners recently arrested include: Yan Qichen, Liu Chunmei (female), Tang Changjun, and Peng Xuegui.
15. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] Dafa Practitioner Shi Chunli Is Arrested
At about 10 am on March 5, 2003, Shi Chunli (female, 37) was taken away by the local police. It is not known where she is being held. The phone number of the Gaoqiao police station is 86-429-4112213.
16. [Zhenzhou City, Henan Province] Zhou Jianfeng and Lie Yulan Are Abducted by Police
On February 25, 2003, Zhou Jianfeng was arrested while he was delivering Dafa truth materials, and he is illegally detained at the Guancheng District Detention Center. On February 28, 2003, Lie Yulan (female) was arrested while she was delivering Dafa truth materials in the Kaiyuan residential area, and she is illegally detained at the Zhongyuan District Detention Center.
Recently, some officials in Dengfeng City held a conference to plan a large-scale arrest of Dafa practitioners. They may break into Dafa practitioner's homes at midnight and use the excuse of searching for Dafa truth materials and books to persecute the practitioners.
17. [Beijing] Female Dafa Practitioner He Wen Is Illegally Sentenced to Three Years in a Forced Labor Camp
He Wen was illegally sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp in 2000. Her term was extended by half a year because she was firm in Dafa. After being released, she was sentenced to another three years in forced labor camp because she remained steadfast in her beliefs. She is currently detained at the Daxin Forced Labor Camp.
When He Wen was illegally imprisoned, she was forced to stand for prolonged periods of time and not allowed to sleep. She was fed with coarsely-ground corn meal. Police officers also tortured her both physically and mentally to force her to give up Falun Gong in vain.
18. [Gongan County, Hubei Province] The Crimes Committed by the Local Public Security Bureau, Political and Law-enforcement Committee, and the "610 Office"
On January 14, 2003, Wang Shaoqing, a Dafa practitioner close to 60 years old was arrested secretly and taken to the county detention center. He has been on a hunger strike ever since.
At the end of last year, Dafa practitioner and elderly female Wang was sent to a psychiatric hospital for a second time because she told people the facts about the persecution of Dafa. She managed to escape. Now, the police are searching for her. This is the fifth time she was arrested because of her efforts to appeal and to clarify the facts about Dafa to people.
Zhang is a teacher at the Chengguan Township. She has been held at the psychiatric hospital for almost two years. Liao Xuesheng, in charge of the Falun Gong issue, ordered the hospital to administer large doses of medication to Zhang. After repeated injections of the medication, Zhang is in a mentally confused state.
The police tried to extort 8000 Yuan from elderly practitioner Wang, but she refused to pay the money. The police sent her to a psychiatric hospital.
19. [Jiaozuo City, Henan Province] The Jiaonan Police Station Pastes Notices in Residential Areas that Offer 500 Yuan to Anyone Who Reports Dafa Practitioners Delivering Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials
Phone numbers of the Jiaonan office: 86-391-2623159í 86-391-2618033í 86-391-2625783.
Phone number of the Jiaonan police station: 86-391-2922893.
20. [Handan City, Hebei Province] The Crimes Committed by the Houcun Township Police Station of Quzhou County
Police at the Houcun Township police station have tried to arrest Dafa practitioners Zhang Dehuai, Zhang Haibin and his wife many times, forcing them to leave home to avoid the arrest.
At about 11pm on February 23, 2003, police jumped over the yard wall and broke into Dafa practitioner Chang Meie's (female) home. She was arrested while wearing only her under garments and one shoe. It is not know where she is being held. The Houcun Township phone number is 86-310-8798317.
21. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Evil Officials at the South Fangezhuang Coal Mine, Kailuan District
Gu Laicun is the Party Secretary of the South Fangezhuang Coal Mine and head of the local "610 office." He has been persecuting Dafa practitioners for a long time. In collaboration with Wang Weili and Zhang Hongxiang, he coerced subordinates to monitor, threaten, and frame up Dafa practitioners in the mine. They illegally arrested many Dafa practitioners and sent them to forced labor camps or brainwashing centers. They tortured to death one male Dafa practitioner, and forced another to leave home to avoid further persecution. Many Dafa practitioners were followed, supervised, or constrained in some way. Recently, they tried to trick Dafa practitioners into writing the "freedom paper" and suspended Dafa practitioners' salaries.
Gu Laicun, phone number: 86-315-3067521
Wang Weili, Zhang Hongxiang: 86-315-3067408
Police head Zhang Shuhua and police officer Li Mengjun from the Guyue police station in Tangshan City illegally arrested Dafa practitioners, and then tortured them with electric batons, kicked them, and beat them.