Summary of Other Articles and News - December 10, 2003
Facts of the Persecution
1. On December 3, 2003, personnel from the Yongqing County "610 Office," Division One of the County Police Department and people from Chengguan Town Police Station in Hebei Province abducted Dafa practitioners Li Junjie and Liu Bing and sent them to a brainwashing class. Two other practitioners were also abducted but were able to escape.
On December 7, the police from Sanshengkou Township Police Station abducted eight practitioners. They are Hou Yuqing, Zhou Zhongying, Sun Yuling, Zhou Zhongheng, Liu Quansheng, Wang Quanle, Zhou Junzhi and Liu Guo. Four of the practitioners were sent to a brainwashing class and the whereabouts of the remaining four practitioners are unknown. After the abduction took place, local practitioners wrote letters to the perpetrators, their families and friends, and their children's schools. The practitioners also hung up banners, painted phrases in public places and distributed truth clarification flyers. Additionally, they also sent forth righteous thoughts along with other practitioners to eliminate the evil in other dimensions behind the persecution.
2. Since July 1999, perpetrators in Dawenkou Town, Taian City, Shandong Province have frantically persecuted Dafa practitioners. They monitor, harass, threaten, verbally abuse, beat, fine, abduct, imprison and have sent many practitioners to forced labor camps. Furthermore, the authorities ransack practitioners' homes. Dozens of practitioners have been persecuted; eight practitioners were sent to forced labor and several practitioners were forced to leave home in an effort to avoid further persecution.
The names of perpetrators of the persecution in Dawenkou Town are as follows:
Wang Jingmao, former Party Secretary, currently the deputy Head for Daiyue
District People's Congress;
Chen Guowu, former deputy Party Secretary, currently Town Head;
Wu Xiushui, former Chief of Dawenkou Police Department;
Cui Guangchan, head of Dawenkou Town's Comprehensive Administration Office;
Sun Qihai, Deputy Political Head at Dawenkou Police Department;
Xu Zhengui, Pangjia Village Party Secretary in Dawenkou Town.
3. In the winter of 1999, practitioners from Mazhuang Town, Daiyue District, Taian City, Shandong Province went to Beijing to validate Dafa. They were arrested and the police sent them back to their home areas. They were illegally detained at Taian City Detention Center for one month, followed by two more months of detention in Mazhuang Town where they were savagely tortured. Three elderly practitioners in their 70's were beaten so viciously that they went into a coma. In addition, the perpetrators also extorted 1,000 to 7,000 yuan from each practitioner [500 yuan is equal to the average monthly salary of an urban worker in China]. Two months later, they abducted Falun Gong practitioners and sent them to a brainwashing class. The authorities also broke into the homes of other Dafa practitioners and extorted 2,000 yuan from each. Then they sent these practitioners to Taian City Detention Center. One month later, the practitioners were sent to the No. 1 Female Forced Labor Camp in Shandong Province.
4. The following is an account of barbaric torture cases at Shanxi Province Female Labor Camp: practitioner Rong Meiqin held a hunger strike continuously for a long time. The guards beat and verbally abused her daily. They hit her with a campstool, poked her with needles, kicked her lower body, chest and waist; they stomped on her feet, grabbed her by the hair and slammed her head into a wall; they beat and verbally abused Ms. Rong every time they force-fed her. Sometimes they would strip her naked and beat her until her whole body was covered with bruises. At other times they tied Ms. Rong to a bed to torture her. Persecutors in the labor camp didn't permit practitioner Ma Yueying to use the restroom for a whole day; occasionally they didn't allow her to sleep, and forced her to stand for a whole night. Once, during her monthly period, Ms. Ma lost control of her bladder. The drug addict inmates forced Ms. Ma to lie on the floor and attempted to make her drink the bloody urine. Ma Yueying refused and was brutally beaten. Practitioner Xin Yinhao's private parts were kicked so badly that she bled for many days.
5. More than one hundred Falun Gong practitioner are detained in Shandong Province Prison. The guards try to force the practitioners to give up their belief. First they isolate the practitioners by forbidding the practitioners to contact any other people, a technique known as "completely closed reform." If the practitioners refuse to give up their belief, the enforcers will order two inmates to watch each practitioner. If the practitioners persist in their belief, they send two collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to torture and brainwashing] to daily instill slandering words in the practitioners' minds. The practitioners held a hunger strike to protest the persecution and were severely tortured.
6. On the evening of November 25, 20003, the police unlawfully arrested four practitioners from Shulan City: Song Yanqun, Song Bing, Fu Hongwei and Zhao Jingyan. They are currently detained at the Nanshan Detention Center and the Custody Center in Shulan City, where they underwent torture from cruel force-feeding.
7. Dafa practitioner Gao Shuqin from Daqing City was illegally arrested on November 25, 2003 by perpetrators from the Rang District Police Department. Another practitioner with the last name of Feng was also arrested. Gao Shuqin's husband Li Lin, who is also a practitioner, was unconstitutionally sentenced to three years of forced labor and is currently detained at Daqing City Labor Camp.
8. Belated News - In January 2000, Song Wen, an officer from Jinjia Street Police Station in Ganjingzi District, Dalian City sent a Dafa practitioner to a detention center for 15 days of detention. He later ordered the head of the factory where the practitioner worked to watch him closely. In September 2000, the practitioner again went to Beijing to appeal. Song Wen sent him to two years of forced labor. He, along with the head of the factory workers' union, coerced the practitioner to resign from his job. In addition, they extorted nearly 6,000 yuan from the practitioner's family.
The Truth and People's Hearts
A Dafa practitioner's daughter was deceived by the media propaganda and was against Dafa. After the daughter got married she was diagnosed with Hepatitis B, and her family was in despair. When the practitioner's friend learned about this, she told the daughter that if she developed kind thoughts towards Dafa and would silently recite "Falun Dafa is good" every day, the Teacher of Falun Gong would help her. Because the many medical treatments the young woman had undergone had failed, she finally decided to recite "Falun Dafa is good" every day, as she was told. Two weeks later, the Hepatitis B was gone. She was so excited she told everyone she met, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is truly miraculous!"
Other News From China
The following are names of individuals and work units that part in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners at Dalian City Harbor Bureau:
Jiang, the Head of the Politics and Security Section at Dalian Harbor Bureau
Wei Wei, Party Secretary for the Xingang Harbor Administration Corporation;
He Lijun, Head of the Organization Section;
Xu Mingzhe, Head of the Police Department;
Sun Yongli, Political Head;
Officers Shang Xibin, Zhu Chaolin, Chen Fuchao, Lu Zhaobao, Zhang Shujia;
Ding Shengyu, manager of the Rixing Industry Corporation Ltd. under Dalian Harbor Bureau;
Li Qingdong Deputy Manager;
Yan Junjie (female), Party Branch Secretary;
Tang Fuyou, official.
Category: Accounts of Persecution