Latest News from China - December 1, 2003
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Illegal Arrest of Dafa Practitioner Zhang Huiqing
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Personnel from the Luuyuan Police Department Arrest Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Yongjuan
- [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Facts About Personnel from the Lingyuan Forced Labor Department and the Linghe Police Department Persecuting Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Houma City, Shanxi Province] Severe Torture of Practitioner Li Peiguang
- [Chongqing City] Practitioner Hu Zhongbi Sentenced to Forced Labor
- [Chongqing City] Brief News from the Beipei and Yubei Districts
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Wanjia Forced Labor Camp Plots to Transfer Dafa Practitioners Whose Detention Terms are Expired into a Brainwashing Class
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Persecution of Dafa Practitioners Hao Peijie and Liu Xiuqing - Their Suffering in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Meihekou City, Jilin Province] A Dafa Materials Production Site in Shancheng Town Is Destroyed
- [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] A Patrol Car is Specially Equipped and Used for Detecting Computers, Printers and Copiers
- [Liaoning Province] Liaoning Daily Publishes an Article Slandering Dafa
1. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Illegal Arrest of Dafa Practitioner Zhang Huiqing
At around 8:00 p.m. on November 15, 2003, 67-year-old Dafa practitioner Zhang Huiqing from Shijiazhuang City was arrested while making truth-clarifying materials in Huaidi Village. He/she was immediately detained at the Huaidi Police Precinct of the Yuhua Police Department. During the morning of November 16, his home was ransacked. He is now being detained at Shijiazhuang City's No. 2 Detention Center.
2. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Personnel from the Luuyuan Police Department Arrest Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Yongjuan
At around 7:30 a.m. on November 28, 2003, several policemen from Changchun City's Luuyuan Police Station suddenly broke into 52-year-old practitioner Ms. Yu Yongjuan's home. She lives in the Guangji Institute's residential area. They started ransacking as soon as they entered the door. They then took Yu Yongjuan away. In the same residential area on the same day, Dafa practitioners (the Zhang Changgui couple) together with their two children were also arrested.
3. [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Facts About Personnel from the Lingyuan Forced Labor Department and the Linghe Police Department Persecuting Falun Gong Practitioners
Since July 20, 1999, the Lingyuan Forced Labor Department and the Linghe Police Department subjected Dafa practitioners working in their systems to cruel abuse and torment. Some practitioners were sent to forced labor camps, some were sentenced to imprisonment. Since the beginning of 2001, they persecuted Dafa practitioners by holding brainwashing sessions over a long period of time. Anyone refusing to give up his/her belief would be held long term. They also extorted huge amounts of money from those persecuted practitioners. Whenever there is a so-called "sensitive date," they post Dafa-slandering slogans on the door of the Police Department's cinema. They installed monitors to entrap and arrest practitioners. One Dafa practitioner was thus sentenced to a prison term. A non-practitioner, Lu Hongfeng, was detained for three months only because he said, "Dafa is good."
Police Department Chief: Liu Qingchen
Assistant chief: Ma Zhenjiang
Detention center warden: Gong Changyi
Forced Labor Department head: Li Yuanwei
4. [Houma City, Shanxi Province] Severe Torture of Practitioner Li Peiguang
On January 1, 2002, practitioner Mr. Li Peiguang from Houma City, Shanxi Province was arrested because he unfurled a Dafa banner on Tiananmen Square and shouted, "Falun Dafa is Good." Several days later he was arrested, but walked away from his captors with the power of his righteous thoughts. However, police from Shanxi Province followed him to Jinzhou City's Railway Station, arrested him and took him back to Houma City. After being detained at the Houma City Detention Center for a year, he was sentenced to six years of imprisonment. He was returned from the Ji County Labor Camp because of his poor health and sent back to Houma City's Detention Center. Because of the long term detention, he is in poor health.
Practitioner Ms. Li Nan was also detained and given a three-year prison sentence.
5. [Chongqing City] Practitioner Hu Zhongbi Sentenced to Forced Labor
Practitioner Ms. Hu Zhongbi, 55, is from Shuangfeng Street in the Yubei District, Chongqing City. On September 7, 2003, police arrested her and ransacked her home while she was doing Dafa truth-clarifying work. She is now sentenced to one year of forced labor at the Maojiashan Female Labor Camp.
In the meantime, the police arrested another practitioner. They searched the practitioner and ransacked her home but did not find any items they were looking for. Even so, they still detained the practitioner for 24 hours and then released her.
6. [Chongqing City] Brief News from the Beipei and Yubei Districts
According to internal sources, enforcers of Jiang's edicts from the Beipei District in Chongqing City have started another round of persecution against Falun Gong practitioners. This time they follow the order, "Find their support network, arrest the steadfast practitioners, dig out the source of Dafa truth-clarifying materials, and force every practitioner to write a guarantee statement to renounce their belief; otherwise sentence them to forced labor."
The Yubei District is also going to follow the order for another round of persecution.
7. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Wanjia Forced Labor Camp Plots to Transfer Dafa Practitioners Whose Detention Terms are Expired into a Brainwashing Class
It was reported that the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province would not release the more than 30 Dafa practitioners whose terms had expired and who were expected to be released on November 28, 2003. Instead, the forced labor camp sent them to a brainwashing class.
8. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] The Persecution of Dafa Practitioners Hao Peijie and Liu Xiuqing - Their Suffering in the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp
Because she refused to fill out the detention term reduction form, Dafa practitioner Ms. Hao Peijie was handcuffed to a metal chair by policeman Ma Fengchun, who ignores the law .
Ms. Liu Xiuqing, 66, is a retired professor of Harbin City's Normal University in Heilongjiang Province. Because she refused to write the "Three Statements,"* she was handcuffed to a metal chair during the winter. Furthermore, policemen poured cold water down her back, which caused her to tremble.
*Practitioners are coerced under brainwashing and torture to write these as proof that they have given up their belief in Falun Dafa. Concocted by the "610 Office," the three statements consist of a letter of repentance for having practiced Falun Gong, a guarantee to never again to practice Falun Gong, and a list of names and addresses of all family members, friends and acquaintances who are practitioners.
9. [Meihekou City, Jilin Province] A Dafa Materials Production Site in Shancheng Town Is Destroyed
During the night of November 23, 2003, policemen destroyed a Dafa materials production site in Shancheng Town, Meihekou City, Jilin Province. Dafa practitioners Mr. Zhou Lianfa, Mr. Shi and two female Dafa practitioners were illegally arrested. Policemen have savagely beaten them. Computers and all other valuable things were confiscated.
Note: In June 2003, in order to avoid illegal arrest, Dafa practitioner Mr. Shi jumped from a building and injured himself. He is not yet able to walk.
10. [Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province] A Patrol Car is Specially Equipped and Used for Detecting Computers, Printers and Copiers
11. [Liaoning Province] Liaoning Daily Publishes an Article Slandering Dafa
On November 27, 2003, the second page of Liaoning Daily featured an article entitled Proposal of Initiating and Founding a Liaoyang City's Anti-XX Association. The article mentioned that they would "fight against" Falun Gong till the end and used many words to slander Dafa.
Authors: 12 people: Yang Yulin, Zhao Suoke, Xiao Jingqi, Wu Xiangbai, Chen Shali, Shi Daojing, Xia Jianjiang, Zhang Li, Mu Huaiyi, Han Lixin, Song Shusheng, and Yang Xiaowei.
November 30, 2003