Partial List of Members Who Persecuted Falun Gong in Shandong Province CCP Committee and "610 Office"
(Clearwisdom.net) Minghui.net (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net) issued a notice on November 14, asking practitioners in China to collect material evidence showing how they were persecuted. In response to this notice, the Committee to Investigate the "610" Office's Persecution of Falun Gong collected evidence showing how practitioners in Shandong Province are being persecuted.
Shandong Province is one of the provinces in China where the most severe persecution against Falun Gong have been taking place. Up until November 15, 2003, ninety-four deaths of Falun Gong practitioners were verified, which placed the death toll in Shandong the 3rd highest nationwide.
The main agencies involved in persecuting Falun Gong in Shandong Province are the "Leadership Team to Deal with Falun Gong Problem" in Shandong Province Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Committee and its long-term standing work office "610 Office," whose corresponding government agency is "The Office of Preventing and Handling the Evil Cult Problem." Starting from the second half of 2002, its formal name released to outside changed to "Provincial Leadership Team for Maintaining Stability" under the Shandong Province CCP Committee.
Main Officials in Shandong Province Government Office Who Actively Participated in Persecuting Falun Gong
Wu Guanzheng: Former Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee
Zhang Gaoli: Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee
Wu Aiying: Deputy Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee, Director of the "Provincial Leadership Team for Maintaining Stability," Chair of Shandong Province Political Consultative Committee after March 2003.
Gao Xinting: Secretary of Shandong Province Political and Judiciary Committee, Deputy Director of the "Provincial Leadership Team for Maintaining Stability"
Yin Zhongxian: Head of Shandong Province High Court, Deputy Director of the "Provincial Leadership Team for Maintaining Stability"
Guo Jiasen: Director of Shandong People's Procuratorate, Deputy Director of the "Provincial Leadership Team for Maintaining Stability"
Wang Xiuzhi: Deputy Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee
Chen Jianguo: Former Deputy Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee, current Deputy
Secretary of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region CCP Committee
Chen Guanglin: Member of Standing Committee of Shandong Province CCP Committee, Director of Propaganda Department of Shandong Province CCP Committee
Liu Yuxiang: Director of "610" Office in Shandong Province
Wu Guanzheng (1)
1997 C Nov 2002, Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee (CCPC). From Nov 2002, he was a member of Standing Committee of Politburo of Central CCPC and Secretary for Discipline Inspection Commission of the Central CCPC.
During the time Wu Guanzheng was the Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee, Shandong Province became one of the provinces where the most severe persecution against Falun Gong took place. Up until November 15, 2003, ninety-four deaths of Falun Gong practitioners were verified, including the first reported deaths of Zhao Jinhua and Chen Zixiu, who was reported by the Wall Street Journal.
Publicly attacking Falun Gong. At the beginning of Jiang regime's persecution against Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Wu was interviewed by a journalist from People's Daily. He claimed that even before July 20, Shandong Province had already started a large-scale "reformation"(2). On August 22, 2001, Wu visited an anti-Falun Gong exhibit and gave a speech (3). On September 27, 2002, he gave a speech at Shandong Province Maintaining Social Stability Work Meeting (4).
Directly participate in persecution of Falun Gong practitioners including "transforming" and sentencing practitioners to forced labor camps. On July 27, 1999, People's Daily reported Wu Guanzheng directly participating in "transforming" of Falun Gong practitioners (5). Wu Guanzheng was also directly involved with the sentencing of Falun Gong practitioner Liu Xuguo and others to forced labor, and bears responsibility for Liu's eventual from the torture he received at the labor camp (6). During his post, Wu visited the First Female Labor Camp in Shandong Province on three occasions, which in effect made this labor camp a major place for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners (7).
Transfer of responsibility, which directly led to use of torture and torture deaths through the base-level governments (8).
Zhang Gaoli (9)
Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee (CCPC). During his term as the Shandong Governor and the Secretary of Shandong Province CCPC, Zhang repeatedly attacked and plotted against Falun Gong (10, 11, 12) in his public and internal speeches. During his term as Secretary of Shenzhen City CCPC, he laid out specific plans for "severely striking" against Falun Gong (13).
Wu Aiying (14)
Deputy Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee and Director of the "Provincial Leadership Team for Maintaining Stability"(15). Took charge overall of anti-Falun Gong activities throughout the entire province and attended anti-Falun Gong exhibit (16). (Note 1)
Secretary of Shandong Province Political and Judiciary Committee, Deputy Director of the "Provincial Leadership Team for Maintaining Stability"(15). Attended and hosted many anti-Falun Gong progress report meetings (17), honorary meetings (18), and movie exhibits (19) to defame Falun Gong. Laid out action plans to persecute Falun Gong throughout the entire province (20, 21).
President of Shandong Province High People's Court, Deputy Director of the "Provincial Leadership Team for Maintaining Stability" (15). During his term in the Shandong Province High People's Court, the court tried 117 Falun Gong related cases (22).
Director of Shandong People's Procuratorate, Deputy Director of the "Provincial Leadership Team for Maintaining Stability" (15). Turned People's Procuratorate into a tool to persecute Falun Gong (23).
Deputy Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee. Hosted many anti-Falun Gong progress report meetings (17), honorary meetings (18), and movie exhibits (19) defaming Falun Gong.
Former Deputy Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee, Deputy Secretary of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Regions CCP Committee after March 2002. Visited anti-Falun Gong exhibit (24) when in Shandong and gave speech against Falun Gong (25). Directed actions to persecute Falun Gong after taking position in Ningxia (26).
Member of Standing Committee of Shandong Province CCP Committee, Director of Propaganda Department of Shandong Province CCP Committee. Attended anti-Falun Gong exhibit and gave speech at the opening ceremony (16).
Director of "610" Office in Shandong Province (2001 C 2002) (27, 28)
- Brief biography of Wu Guanzheng: 1997 C Nov. 2002, Member of the Politburo of the Central CCPC, Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee, Principal of Shandong Province Party School. Since November 2002, he has been a member of Standing Committee of Politburo of Central CPC and Secretary for Discipline Inspection Commission of the Central CCPC.
- People's Daily report on July 24, 1999.
- Qilu Evening Newspaper report on August 22, 2001.
- People's Public Security Newspaper report on September 28, 2002.
- People's Daily report, Page 4 on July 27, 1999.
- Minghui report (Feb 2000), "On January 29, 2000, Falun Gong practitioner Liu Xuguo was abducted from home, and he was sent to Jining City Labor Camp along with three other practitioners. Another female practitioner was sent to Jinan City Female Labor Camp. They were the first group of Dafa practitioners illegally sentenced to forced labor in Jining City. On January 30, Liu Xuguo and two other practitioners went on a hunger strike. Liu Xuguo wrote a protest letter asking for unconditional release. The whereabouts of the draft of the protest letter circulated once among a small group of practitioners is currently unknown. Wang, the head of Justice Department said, "This issue [sending Liu Xuguo and other practitioners to forced labor] was the direct order from Province Party Secretary Wu Guanzheng, we cannot do anything about it." They didn't give any response to Liu Xuguo. On February 10, Liu Xuguo died from force-feeding."
- Minghui reported on November 9, 2003: The violence, hard labor and deceit occurred in No. 1 Female Labor Camp in Shandong Province.
- Wall Street Journal reported: How One Chinese City Resorted To Atrocities to Control Falun Dafa: Mr. Wu quickly found ways to transfer the pressure. First, Weifang city officials say, Mr. Wu ensured that every official in the city knew what was at stake, by calling a meeting of police and government officials to a "study session." There, the central government's directive was read out loud. "The government instructed us to limit the number of protesters or be responsible," says another government official.
- Brief biography of Zhang Gaoli. Zhang Gaoli was the Deputy Secretary of Guangdong Province CCP Committee, Secretary of Shenzhen City CCP Committee, Director of Shenzhen City People's Congress Standing Committee, and Chief Secretary of Shenzhen Military Unit CCP Committee since 1998. He was the Deputy Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee, Vice-Governor and acting Governor of Shandong Province since December 2001. He was selected as Governor of Shandong province during the 5th session of the 9th People's Congress of Shandong Province in March 2002. In November 2002, he was appointed as Secretary of Shandong Province CCP Committee. Resigned from Governor of Shandong Province in January 2003. April 2003, he was selected as Director of the Standing Committee for the Shandong Province 10th People's Congress during the 1st session of the 10th People's Congress in Shandong.
- Zhang Gaoli, as the acting Governor of Shandong province gave a report on government works at the Shandong Province 5th session of the 9th People's Congress on March 21, 2002.
- People's Net December 13, 2002 Report.
- Zhang Gaoli's speech at the work meeting of Shandong province CCP Committee in 2003.
- Zhongxin Net report on March 19, 2001 in Shenzhen.
- Brief biography of Wu Aiying. April 1998 C March 2002, Deputy Secretary of [Shandong] Province CCP Committee (CCPC) (During this period, September 1998 C July 2001: Studied Politics at the working Master students class designed for provincial and bureaucratic level officials in the Central Party School; March C May 2001: Attended the further education class in the Central Party School designed for provincial and bureaucratic level officials); Since March 2002, Deputy Secretary of [Shandong] Province CCPC, Chairman of Shandong Province Consultative Conference, Secretary of the Party Team. Delegate of the 14th and 15th Chinese CCP Congress, supplementary member of the 14th and 15th Central CCPC, member of the 6th Standing Committee of the Consultative Conference of Shandong Province.
- The Mass Daily on December 27, 2002.
- Shandong Chronicle report on June 26, 2000.
- Shandong Chronicle: On March 7, 2001.
- Shandong Chronicle: On November 6, 2001.
- Jiaodong Online report on August 27, 2001.
- Xinhua Net report on May 21, 2003.
- The Mass Daily June 2, 2003 Report.
- Yin Zhongxian gave a report on the work of Shandong Province High People's Court at the 1st session of the 10th People's Congress of Shandong Province on March 30, 2003. (Note 2)
- Xinhua Net reported on January 11, 2001 in Jinan.
- Qilu Evening Newspaper August 22, 2001 Report.
- Speech at the work meeting of "Shandong Province CCP Works in the Civilian Social Organizations" (December 18, 2001).
- Minghui reported on December 23, 2002: The man behind the illegal arrests and brainwashing classes is The Party Secretary of Ningxia, Chen Jianguo. Several days ago the Clearwisdom website exposed the crimes of the Yinchuan Police, which arrested ten Dafa practitioners. The person responsible for instigating the arrests is the Party Secretary of Ningxia, Chen Jianguo. He was the Deputy Governor of Shandong Province before coming to Ningxia. After coming to Ningxia he ordered the Province Party Committee to hold brainwashing classes that last three months. Practitioners who remain firm are forced to go through further brainwashing. Police have forced ten practitioners into these types of brainwashing classes. Each of them is monitored 24 hours a day by two people, one from the work place and another from the brainwashing class. Family members are not notified.
- Kenli County Chronicle, September 12, 2002
- Minghui.net reported on February 5, 2002: Dafa practitioner Liu Jian from Jinan City was tortured to death at the Liuchangshan Labor Camp. The main responsible person is the director of Shandong Province "610 Office" Liu Yuxiang, whose phone number is 86-531-6913139.
Such methods quickly led to abuses. Several Falun Dafa practitioners imprisoned by local police early this year say their captors told them that their continued protests threatened to derail officials' careers. "One policeman beat me with truncheons," says a 43-year-old factory worker imprisoned in December 1999. "He said we were responsible for his boss's political problems."
That detainee was beaten after being arrested in Beijing and transferred back to his hometown of Weifang. City officials said such arrests reflected badly on Governor Wu and the rest of the province because people arrested in Beijing are booked by central security agents and their hometown noted. Statistics are then compiled, and provinces with a high number of protesters -- like Shandong C are criticized. Beating people in Weifang might eventually slow down the number of protesters, but authorities wanted results immediately."
Note 1: In May 2000, while visiting the labor camp in Wang village of Zibo, Shandong, Wu Aiying withdrew the court decision of four Falun Gong practitioners.
Note 2: This is only jail term related. The forced labor camp sentences are not included. Sentences to the forced labor camp are considered "administrative punishment" and don't need to go through the court system.