I am a private business owner. My family is quite wealthy. We have six houses, a car, a home theater, jewelry, and substantial savings. Originally, when I was introduced to Falun Gong, I felt that it would be too hard to live up to "Truth-Compassion-Tolerance." So, I gave the book to my daughter-in-law to read.

Before I obtained the Fa, I had all sorts of diseases and subsequently had four surgeries. I had my first surgery when I was 25 years old. A section of my lung was removed. In the second big surgery, due to a stomach illness, an incision was made from my heart down to my abdomen. I was hospitalized for more than seven months. The third surgery was for adenitis. That incision started at my abdomen and extended down to my bottom. I had a pacemaker installed during the fourth surgery, which cost 48,000 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China] at my own expense.

I used to have migraine headaches. When they occurred it was very painful. No medication helped. The best Chinese medicine doctor treated me with acupuncture. While other patients only needed several minutes of treatment, I had to have needles covering my head for the entire night, but they still did not work for me. The doctor said, "I have treated so many patients, but I haven't come across a patient like you." I also had a disease of brain atrophy, massive capillary vessel blocks, lightheadedness, and ringing ears. In order to cure these diseases, I bought special bedding. Additionally, I consumed health-building foods and took very expensive medicine all year round. However, the diseases remained unchanged while new ones continued to develop, such as a urinary tract infection. No hospitals were willing to accept me. I lost weight to the point of being skin and bones. I could not stand nor use the bathroom without assistance from two persons. I became bedridden, and could only sit for five minutes when I had assistance. My son took me to the hospital for intravenous medicine and then took me home again. It usually took several people's efforts to have one successful injection. The hospital told my son to prepare for my death. Coming back, my son cried and said to me, "Dad, there are no alternatives left. You learn Falun Gong, Ok?" I was in the state of desperation. So I said, "I'll learn."

My daughter-in-law asked for a leave from work and came home immediately. Several of my family members helped me sit up. My daughter-in-law began reading Zhuan Falun to me. The more I listened, the lighter I felt, feeling that there was heat coming out of my head. I sat and listened from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., and became clear-headed. My granddaughter taught me to do the meditation. I sat for an hour and forty-five minutes. My family looked for an exercise site for me. That night, my son was prepared to drive me there, but I felt I could walk. So, we walked there together. As soon as I returned home, everyone in the house was shocked since I was previously in very bad shape. I sat there listening to everyone read the Fa out loud from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Who would have believed that I, who originally could sit for only five minutes assisted, would experience such sudden changes when I had a thought to learn Dafa? What a miracle! My whole family was extremely happy about it. This was August 9, 1998. It was a date that my family and I will never forget!

At 5:30 a.m. the next morning, my son accompanied me to the exercise site to learn the standing exercises. The volunteer instructor was very patient while teaching me. After a while, it began to rain lightly. Nobody stopped. I also persisted until 6:30 a.m. After I returned home and ate breakfast, the hospital called and asked why I did not come in for the injections. I answered nicely, "I quit going to the hospital." Since then, I have practiced the exercises and studied the Fa every day. In less than two months, I was able to take my spouse on a trip to Beijing, walking fast even on stairs. I could also drive. Being like a young man, I could eat any foods and do any housework. I dismissed the nurse. Less than three months later, I shared my experience at a city-wide conference. Everyone was surprised and said, "Look at him. He is healthy, with a rosy complexion, and strong voice when sharing his experience. He did not even wear glasses while reading. It is really incredible."

I am extremely appreciative of our benevolent Master and my appreciation cannot be expressed with words. Master teaches me to follow Truth-Compassion-Tolerance and to be a better person. After learning the Fa, I understand what real happiness is. Previously I had so much money, but serious diseases plagued me. Life was bitter. How could I feel happiness? Meanwhile my family and my children were all burdened.

While I was learning the Fa and practicing the exercises with happiness, and enjoying good health that did not come easily, Jiang issued orders to ban the exercises and slander Master. As soon as I heard this news, I drove my family's car and went to Beijing with other practitioners to appeal for Dafa. We were stopped along the way. My car was impounded and I was detained for several days. In December 1999, my youngest daughter-in-law and I went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. Being abducted again, we were detained for two weeks and fined 13,000 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China].

I never stopped studying the Fa, practicing the exercises, and validating Dafa even for a day. The evil environment was nothing to me. My life was given back by Dafa and I won't feel regret to give that life for Dafa. I have a large house and therefore fellow practitioners sometimes come to my house to share experiences. My spouse and I often transport Dafa truth clarifying materials in our car.

One day, two fellow practitioners came to my house to make banners. The police had a person call me to trick me into going outside. They handcuffed me as soon as I got out of the house. Then, they broke into my house and handcuffed both my spouse and two fellow practitioners. When they searched my house, they confiscated 30,000 Yuan, a 50" TV set (worth 19,000 Yuan), an advanced stereo system (worth 8,000 Yuan), a new cell phone (worth 2,500 Yuan), the titles for two houses, two promissory notes (70,000 Yuan), a car, my daughter's cosmetic makeup, and all the keys in the house. They unlocked all places that were locked and took away anything of value. They also took away Dafa books and a 50-meter long cloth for making banners. They confiscated everything.

After they took me away, my house was turned into a station for the police. They stayed here and abducted two fellow practitioners to the local police station who came to visit. At the local police station, the police stole my expensive leather belt and leather shoes.

Three days after I was detained, the police took me and my wife to the brainwashing class but lied to us saying that they would let us go home. When I saw those who betrayed Master and poisoned fellow practitioners, I would angrily rebuke them and scared them away. I would rather die than "be transformed." My son told the police, "My father is an old man of great age and has a pacemaker. Don't harm him by any means!" After they heard this, they were frightened and I was freed to go home. My wife also broke out and has lived in exile since.

On July 28, 2002, the local police station phoned and tricked me again. The police sent me to a forced labor camp. I sent forth righteous thoughts on the way continuously. They sent me home since I did not pass the health examination.

I had to move to a remote area and rent a small house to avoid being harassed by the police. Although they forced me to give up several large homes and took away many belongings, I feel calm and live happily.

(An informed person wrote this according from the narration of the practitioner.)