Torture Methods Used by the Qinhuangdao Qinglong County Police: Handcuffed and Shackled, Forced to Lie Face Down on Ice, Gang Beaten with Shovels
Means used by the Qinhuangdao Qinglong County police to torture the Dafa practitioners are barbaric and cruel. The major torture methods include:
1. Linking practitioners hands and feet together with large home-made shackles and cuffs, each weighing more than 30 Jin (more than 40 lbs): The cuffs are very roughly made and will not be removed from the practitioner for more than 20 days or until the skin and muscle tissues are festering. The scars will not go away in less than 2-3 years.
2. Hitting with leather belts: The police take off practitioners' pants and shove them down onto a chair, and lash them with leather belts. This is done even to women who are menstruating.
3. Lying face down on ice: The police create a layer of ice in the courtyard during the winter and force the practitioners to lie face down on the ice until it melts. They even step on practitioners' hands with their boots.
4. Physical exhaustion: Practitioners are forced to run and do physical exercises all day long.
5. Tiger Bench: Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead. They are not allowed to turn their heads, close their eyes, talk to anyone or move at all. Several inmates are assigned to watch over the practitioners and force them to remain motionless while sitting on the bench. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioners' lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse.
6. Back-handcuffed: The practitioner's hands are tied behind his back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back. The police then apply a great deal of force to pull the two hands toward one another and handcuff them together. Both hands and arms will quickly go numb.
7. Hanging on a bar: The police officers handcuff the practitioner's hands and feet, and then hang them by the handcuffs from a horizontal bar. They have subjected practitioners to this cruel torture for as long as 11 hours.
8. Forced to squat down for a long time: The victims are forced to squat in a painful position. The victim's legs feel sore and numb, and he has pain in the lower back. The longer this torture lasts the more severe the pain becomes. It causes great pain in the rear of the foot and the calf and can even cause complete loss of feeling and control in the legs.
9. Beating with shovels: Seven to eight policemen gang up to beat one practitioner using shovels. Dafa practitioner Mr. Hu Hexiang was beaten to death this way. He had gone through almost all the tortures mentioned above before he died.
Wang Jin- Chief of Qinglong County Detention Center, Qinhuangdao City
Zhang Xi- the deputy Chief of Qinglong County Public Security Bureau Qinhuangdao City
Liu Changhe- from the Political Security Division of Qinhuangdao Qinglong County Public Security Bureau
Chief Wang Shiyuan and policemen Li Haifeng and Wang Haifeng- from Zushan town Police Station at Qinglong County, Qinhuangdao City