I started practicing Falun Dafa in 1995 and from that moment onward I underwent tremendous improvements in both my mental and physical health. All my previous ailments disappeared and I found that my memory even improved to what it had been when I was 18 or 19. I felt light and relaxed, as though I had unlimited strength, and I found that I was even taking the stairs two at a time as if I was a teenager.

Even more significant was the transformation of my spiritual and mental condition. Through the study of Zhuan Falun I profoundly understood the purpose of my being in this world. I realized that I must be a kind person, adhere to an upright and moral standard and be an honest person who would treat others with clemency but still hold myself to this higher standard. I became more diligent at work and did not fight for personal gain when confronted with what appeared to be great benefits. I would also look within myself when I encountered a conflict and I would help others out whole-heartedly when they were in difficulties. I was no longer indifferent and unconcerned. I would treat each and every person that came across my path with respect and gentleness. My colleagues and family all sensed my change. I became kind, honest and trustworthy. I knew from deep inside my heart that Dafa transformed me. It was simply that the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance" filled my spiritual world with sunshine and transformed everything around me making it all seem new. From that moment on, I came to believe firmly in my heart that "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance" was the principle by which I wanted to cultivate myself and live my life. In essence, cultivating in Dafa became my journey of returning to my true self.

In July 1999 the government suddenly issued an order, banning us from practicing Falun Gong. I did not know who made the decision at that time. Only later on did I learn it was Jiang Zemin who made this unilateral decision. It was Jiang and his accomplices that were persecuting me.

I. 1999

After Falun Gong was persecuted in 1999, I went to Beijing so that I could kindly tell the government the truth about Falun Gong and the real situation of which I could testify to since I had benefited so much from practicing Falun Gong. I wanted the government leaders who did not understand the real situation to have a chance to find out the truth about Falun Gong. I wished they could give us ordinary citizens a fair and reasonable practice environment. Yet I did not expect that the office with the sign of "Appeal Office" would simply not permit us to appeal. The police arrested me when I went there. When I returned to my hometown, the local police again detained me for 15 days. During these 15 days the local government officials conducted brainwashing classes attempting to force us to give up our belief in Falun Gong.

II. 2000

In July 2000 I went to Beijing again. Since I could not go to the Appeal Office and had nowhere to speak out, I had no choice but to go to Tiananmen Square. I yelled out "Falun Dafa is Good" in front of Tiananmen and was promptly arrested. The police beat and shoved us into the car and took us to the police station. Later, the hometown police took us back and sent me to a forced labor camp.

I and some twenty other Falun Gong practitioners were sent to the labor camp in August 2000. After they searched our bodies they yelled at us, trying to get us to write a guarantee that we would obey the labor camp's rules. Some of the rules were "No practicing of exercises, no hunger strike and no reciting of articles or writings by our teacher Mr. Li Hongzhi," etc. We were standing in the hallway. Any one who refused to sign the guarantee paper was dragged into a room and subjected to electric shocks. We could hear the sparking and crackling sound of the electric baton for quite some time. Some practitioners fell down after the shock, and some appeared to be incoherent. Several deputies kicked and beat us for a long time before they stopped.

After we were assigned to our cells, the deputies sent people to talk with us. Their comments were all slandering of Dafa. For those who did not give up their faith, they started beating. Fist punching, kicking, and electric batons were all used. I observed that many resolute Dafa practitioners were vomiting blood. Many of them were in solitary confinement. Some were beaten so badly that they could not even move for days. Most were bruised all over. Some became mentally disordered due to tortures.

Because I refused to give up my faith in "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," I was under close surveillance. Later on, I twice solemnly stated to the deputies that I believe in "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," yet I received more hideous tortures. They shocked me with electric batons to the point that I fell unconscious to the floor with my body twitching and twisting. They tried to force me to give up my belief. In the process they mentioned Jiang often. They told me, "Jiang Zemin told you not to practice Falun Gong already and you better follow orders. If you practice you break the law. How can an arm overpower the leg?"

We worked like slaves day and night during the year I was in the labor camp. Each morning we had to attend the roll call and were forced to express our intention not to practice Dafa. We must show that we were "transformed," and we must slander Dafa, otherwise we would be subject to further tortures. Being so called "transformed" meant we would have no faith, speak lies, and give up being good. The environment was very abominable and hideous. We were subject to extreme mental torture and my health again began to fail. Soon I found there was a lump in my breast. When I was checked up at the hospital it was diagnosed to be a malignant tumor. The mental persecution caused physical devastation.

"Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance" gave me a kind and true moral character and a healthy body. Dafa gave me all the good and splendid things. Yet the labor camp treatment caused my health to deteriorate to such an ailing condition. Forcing me to abandon my belief in Dafa made me suffer from a terminal illness.

III. 2002

I returned home in September 2001. After I settled down I resumed practicing Falun Gong exercises. My body recovered quickly and the lump subsided. But in March 2002, after I spoke out to clarify the truth another police station abducted me to a undisclosed location designed specifically to torture Falun Gong practitioners. They carried out hideous tortures on me in that place. It looked like a basement with several rooms designated as torture chambers. Windows were covered with two layers of thick drapes. Inside it looked very gruesome and terrifying. Each chamber was equipped with a tiger bench (a torture instrument), assortment of electric shock batons, plastic bags, ropes and other torturing instruments. You could not discern day from night in there.

Once I was brought to that cell they tied me up on the tiger bench. They tied my hands behind my back as well as my feet, and stripped off my clothes. The deputies started to interrogate me. If they did not like what my reply was they would start torturing me. The two of them would use 3-4 electric shock batons of varying lengths (the shorter length ones were high voltage electric shock batons. Its diameter was similar to a cup and it had two electrodes tips) to shock me for prolonged amount of time. Sometimes they would press the high voltage batons against my breast to shock me. Sometimes they placed the batons under my armpits, or on both sides of my neck. They would place the long electric shock batons on top of my eyes or teeth to shock me. My head jerked around by the electric shock. I felt as if my skull and brain were going to split apart. My body twisted and twitched and I just cannot describe the pain. The electric sparks emitted by the multiple shock batons looked like the welding sparks in construction business with the crackling sound. The deputies still felt unsatisfied so they soaked me with water and resumed the electric shock torture. They pressed the shock batons at my inner thighs and toes. I could not escape even a bit regardless how painful it was. The air in the cell was filled with the stench caused by the sparks and burning flesh. Finally they took me off the chair and hung me up with my four limbs tied behind my back. They then slammed me to the floor with more electric shock torture.

At least I was still conscious enough to remember how many days I stayed there. When they finally sent me back to the detention center, inmates in the cell were shocked by my wounded appearance and they all cried: my lips were swollen and full of bloody scabs. My neck was as wide as my face due to swelling and bleeding blisters were all over my neck. My breasts were especially painful and swollen with the nipples burnt. My armpits were badly wounded and full of scars. The inner surface of my thigh showed large patches of scars and poke marks caused by electric shock batons. My teeth were loosened by electric shocks. My hands were swollen by the constant handcuffing to the extent that I could not form a fist. My thumb and half of the palm were numb for more than half a year before regaining feeling.

Later I was forcibly sent to the labor camp. The camp deputies still tried to force me to give up my faith in Dafa, but I resolutely refused. There was no way I could be separated again from "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." The hideous environment caused my swelling to get worse. I suffered from pain and fever, yet the labor camp used numerous excuses to prevent my release, and they did not provide any medical help. Only after they thought I wouldn't live did they send me home at the end of 2002.

I resumed my Dafa practice after I returned home. I followed the requirement of Dafa in my conduct and my health recovered quickly. My fever, pain and swelling all subsided. Now I am again as healthy as I used to be. My complexion is clear and beautiful and my spirit uplifted. People who knew me were very surprised at my speedy recovery.

They persecuted me just because I wanted to be a good person; I wanted to speak the truth, and I refused to abandon my faith in "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." Why did the Jiang regime try to prohibit people from practicing this healthy and virtuous exercise by threatening them with death? They must be prosecuted to the fullest extent by the law, and moral justice.