I began practicing Falun Dafa in 1996, corrected my bad habit of fighting and recovered from my injuries from fighting.

In May of 2000, local police illegally sentenced me to a labor camp with the excuse of "illegal gathering." I went on a hunger strike to protest in the detention center (before I was sent to the labor camp) requesting that I be released, because I was innocent. Police then force-fed me. They cuffed and shackled my four limbs to metal rings attached permanently to the cement floor for more than 5 weeks. Lice grew on my body. There were so many that they crawled out from the inner layers of my clothes. I could not even scratch myself when I was itching so miserably. Using the toilet was a huge problem. Once, when I had diarrhea, I had to awaken a prisoner from his sleep. He got up and kicked my chest hard while cursing me. It felt so painful that it seemed my intestines were splitting open. When he unlocked the cuffs and shackles, I could not stand up, because I was too weak. After many days, the police who had taken me there asked me if I still wanted to practice Falun Dafa. I answered firmly, "I do." Several days later, they sent me to the labor camp.

In the first few weeks in Dalian Labor Camp, the guards tried to destroy us with heavy labor. They ordered me to take rocks (picked out from the coal) back to the mine shaft. They required me to move 120 wagons full of rock each day and they said I had to run. I collapsed on the first day, because I was too weak, but I had to do the same heavy labor the next day. Sweat poured out of my body. I was covered with salt crystals from the sweat. I felt dizzy under the baking sun. But I tried to be strong and never lowered my head.

From March 19, 2001, the police started forced "reform" under the direction of Team Leader Qiao Wei. A little after noon, Qiao Wei and a group of police stormed into our cell with electric batons in their hands. They dragged me into the office, stripped off my clothing, stepped on my head, arms and legs and shocked me with several electric batons simultaneously. I felt pain all over my body and I was shaking and could not help but scream. The police then put the baton into my mouth! Finally they stopped. Policeman Wang Jun ordered me to stand up and do "Body-folding."* While putting on my clothes, I thought that I would never be able to do "body folding". Wang Jun saw me refuse to cooperate, so he dragged me back to the classroom, slapped my face with the sole of his shoe in front of more than 20 other Dafa practitioners. The blood flowed out from my nose onto the floor. Wang Jun then thrust the electric baton under my clothing and shocked my back. I still would not give in. Wang Jun then dragged me back to the office again and tortured me nearly to death. I fell down and could not move one bit.

Police then carried me up to the third floor and cuffed me. I could hear electric baton shocks send out a noise like firecrackers from the lower floors, accompanied with painful screaming which could be heard far away. They poured water onto me, fearing that I might pass out. More practitioners were sent up to the third floor in the evening, including some 60-70 year old men. We all endured the day long torture. Some practitioners could not endure any longer during the night and were forced to write down the so-called "Guarantee Statement."** By dawn, only 10 out of 150 practitioners still refused to be "reformed." Most of those who wrote the "Guarantees" later declared their "reformations" null and void after becoming clear headed. Police would then torture them even worse, putting them on the Tiger Bench.*** The leather straps on the bench were all broken apart due to the severity of the torture. Police purchased new high voltage electric batons. Some practitioners were tortured to death and some were maimed as the result.

In April of 2001, policeman Wang Jun beat me again. He hung me up onto the metal window, shocked me with 2 electric batons simultaneously on my hands, neck, and upper body. He then wanted to shock my feet, so he put my feet onto a chair. My whole body weight was on my cuffed wrists. The cuffs cut deeply into my flesh. Then they put me down and poured water on me to shock me harder. It was the most painful torture. Qiao Wei came when other police were too tired to beat me more. He slapped me twice. He slapped me so hard, that his watch even flew off his wrist. They locked me up in a small cell**** for one month and then returned me to the classroom, which turned into a "strict control" class. We were manufacturing radio parts every day until 10-11 PM, while a tape recorder and brainwashing person took turns slandering Master and Dafa. Later, police heard that I still practiced the exercises, so they locked me up in the small cell again. After several days, they sent me, together with 19 other practitioners to Guanshan Labor Camp.

There are razor wire and patrol guards around the perimeter of the Guanshan Labor Camp. Police told us to read some materials, march in formation, and watch the TV, so as to keep our and bodies and minds busy. If we raised our right hands to send forth righteous thoughts together, they would separate us one person to a cell. They deprived us of the right to sleep and had all sorts of police brainwashing us. We clarified the truth to them and spread the Fa, so that many police realized the truth and stopped talking to us and let us sleep. We went back together on the third day. The materials they forced us to read contained material slandering Falun Dafa. I went to talk with the Team leaders and refused to read the paragraph. They would not let me skip this paragraph. They said, "You have to study this no matter what. This is forced study." Later when it was time to read this paragraph, I started to recite Lunyu loudly. Policemen Chen and Song Tie beat me and shocked me with electric batons all afternoon, and locked me in the small cell for more than 40 days. I heard later that they stopped asking practitioners to read that paragraph.

There are metal rings mounted around the wall 10 CM above the floor inside the small cell in the Guanshan Labor camp. Whoever was locked in the small cell would be cuffed behind their backs onto those rings. We had to sit like this all day except when using the toilet or eating meals. Falun Dafa practitioner, Mr. Liu Hongyou was locked in the small cell because he practiced the exercises. Labor Camp Director Gao and Office Manager Sun brought a group of police who tortured him all night. They used 150 kilovolt electric batons to shock him, resulting in the swelling of his face. Another Team Leader Wu always tortured newly arriving Falun Dafa practitioners.

*"Body-folding" refers to standing with two legs straight and close and bending the head down as far as it will go toward the feet, in front of the knees. The fingers point to the ground, the head is upside down, making the body form a 90-degree angle. The victim is forced to keep this position for 17 to 18 hours a day except when eating, sleeping and using the toilet.

** A statement declaring that he or she is remorseful for practicing Falun Gong and guarantees not to practice Falun Gong again, nor to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and never again to associate with any Falun Dafa practitioners.

*** A statement declaring that he or she is remorseful for practicing Falun Gong and guarantees not to practice Falun Gong again, nor to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and never again to associate with any Falun Dafa practitioners.

**** The detainee is locked up in a very small cell alone. The guards handcuff practitioners on their back in a fixed position, in which the practitioners can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. Detainees have to urinate and defecate in the cell. The stench in the small cell is often so bad that it is difficult to breathe.