Latest News from China - 10/10/2003
- [Beijing]At Least Two Dafa Practitioners are Tortured to Death in Mentougou Detention Center, Beijing
- [Hebei Province]Dafa Practitioners Posted "Jiang Lawsuit" Posters During the National Celebration Holiday.
- [China]Dafa Practitioner Zhu Wenlong is Punished with Added Prison Terms after Posting Declaration on the Internet
- [Hainan] Practitioners in Hainan Clarify the Truth at a Concert
- [China] Dafa practitioner Ms. Lu Meilan is forced out of her Home to Avoid Further Persecution
- [Jingtan City, Jiangsu Province] Another Round of Brainwashing is Being Planned
- [Jidong County, Helongjiang Province] Dafa Practitioner Ji Hongbo is illegally Arrested
- [Daqin City, Helongjiang Province] Police in Daqin City illegally Arrest Three Dafa Practitioners
- [Liaoning Province] Returned practitioners are Locked in Prison Cells
1. [Beijing] At Least Two Dafa Practitioners are Tortured to Death in Mentougou Detention Center, Beijing
Someone with inside information revealed that a male Dafa practitioner was beaten to death around the end of December 2000 or the beginning of 2001 at the Beijing Mentougou detention center. After he was sent to a prison cell, he endured beatings by a majority of the prisoners, he was given an enema with a Sprite bottle, and eventually he died from the torture. This tragedy occurred under prison police supervision; however none of the prison staff was disciplined. Only one of the prisoners who took part in the torture had his sentence extended.
In the same detention center there was a female Dafa practitioner who went on a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention. The police didn't release her. She was left in critical condition and was sent to the hospital one month later, where she died.
2. [Hebei Province] Dafa Practitioners Post "Jiang Lawsuit" Posters During the National Celebration Holiday.
October 1, is communist China's national day of celebration (like Independence Day in the USA). Practitioners somewhere in Hebei province coordinated a group truth clarification event. They made posters which told viewers about the global trial of Jiang Zemin and posted them in apartment buildings, on electricity poles, on telephone booths, walls, schools, parks, and in the country in large areas. This action effectively frightened the evil and awakened the people.
Practitioners who participated in this event all returned safely. Area practitioners will continue this activity of posting information about the trial of Jiang.
3. [China] Dafa Practitioner Zhu Wenlong is Punished with Added Prison Terms after Posting Declaration on the Internet
Dafa practitioner Zhu Wenlong, who is being illegally detained in the Mingxi Prison was further persecuted after he declared on the internet that his words and deeds under forced brainwashing are null and void. According to inside information, Zhu will have several more years added to his prison term. Zhu was previously sentenced to 10 years.
4. [Hainan] Practitioners in Hainan Clarify the Truth at a Concert
Sometime ago there was a concert by a known pop music star from Hong Kong in Hainan. Several practitioners decided to take advantage of this opportunity to clarify the truth to the people. They walked constantly among the concert attendees, effectively distributing a lot of truth-clarifying materials, including CDs.
5. [China] Dafa practitioner Ms. Lu Meilan is forced out of her Home to Avoid Further Persecution
September 1, 2003 the local police department once again arrested Dafa practitioner Ms. Lu Meilan. She walked out of the police station after enduring detention, interrogation, and four days on a hunger strike. She is unable to return home and lives outside. Her two daughters were also illegally arrested. The elder daughter was detained for 3 days, and the younger one who is underage was illegally detained for 1 day. Police searched their home several times and took away Dafa books and truth-claarifying materials and CDs.
6. [Jingtan City, Jiangsu Province] Another Round of Brainwashing is Being Planned
Jingtan is a small city in Jiangsu province. Closely following Jiang's regime in persecuting Falun Gong, city officials conducted several anti-Falun Gong brainwashing workshops, and illegally sentenced over 40 Dafa practitioners to labor camps and prisons. They continue to illegally abduct Dafa practitioners to the so-called "reform class".
Telephone numbers of the Jingtan city officials:
Zhu Jingrong, secretary general of the polical bureau: 86-519-2396095, 86-519-2396203, 86-519-6127206, 86-1390-6147206 (cell)
Sun Jianguo, vice secretary: 86-519-2822703, 86-519-2331667, 86-519-2295855, 86-13961179028 (cell)
Cai Weiping, Director of the 610 Office: 86-519-2396005, 86-519-2396286, 86-13906149299 (cell)
Xu Wei: 86-519-2396087, 86-519-2326516, 86-13179305633 (cell)
7. [Jidong County, Helongjiang Province] Dafa Practitioner Ji Hongbo is illegally Arrested
In mid August, Dafa Practitioner Mr. Ji Hongbo of Jidong County, Helongjiang Province, was arrested at home for delivering truth-clarification material. His current whereabouts are unknown.
8. [Daqin City, Helongjiang Province] Police in Daqin City illegally Arrest Three Dafa Practitioners
Three Dafa practitioners were arrested by police on the evening of September 30. The three Dafa practitioners Mr. Du Zhuxin, Mr. Liang Hongjun, Ms. Chen Bihua of Babaixiang town, Honggang District in Daqin City in Helongjiang Province, were taken away from home by local police. Police also searched their homes. Currently these three practitioners are locked up in the police detention center.
9. [Liaoning Province] Returned practitioners are Locked in Prison Cells
In Yezi Prison in Liaoning province, practitioners who are firm in their cultivation are under strict monitoring. Two criminal prisoners watch each practitioner and their movements are restricted. Dafa practitioner Mr. Cao Yang had signed an agreement with police, and returned to cultivation later. His return has given great encouragement to many practitioners. Police then persecuted him both physically and mentally, and prohibited family visits. Cao Yang has been locked up in a special cell since July 19. Details regarding his persecution are unknown.
10. Harbin police install Internet ID Card in Internet cafes
According to an article that appeared in the Harbin Evening News on October 8, Harbin (Capital City of Helongjiang Province) police installed Internet ID Cards on all computers at internet cafes during the so-called National Holidays. Every Internet caf will use this new ID card. A personal national ID card (similar to driver's license in USA) is required for Internet ID card application. The server that processes the Internet ID card application is linked with the police citizen database server. Everyone must use a real national ID card in order to apply for the Internet ID card. Citizens are also required to show national ID cards when logging onto the internet with the internet ID card to double check the user's identity.
October 16, 2003