Latest News from China - 9/28/2003
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] A Senior Citizen in Hubei Province Dies After Being Unjustly Psychologically Coerced to Renounce his Belief
- Jixi City, Heilongjiang Province]Dafa Practitioner Ms. Liu Xuemin is Illegally Detained by Police in China
- [Wushun City, Liaoning Province] Political Administrative Committee at Wushun City, Liaoning Province, Holds Brainwashing Conversion Conference
- [Hunan Province] Jiang & Associates Plan to Form Brainwashing School in Hunan
- [Hanchuan City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioner Ms. Guo Aihua is Persecuted to Near-Death
- [Hebei Province] Shijiazhuang Daily Newspaper Uses Collaborator to Slander Falun Dafa
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Dafa Practitioners Persecuted at Qinduankou Jail, Wuhan City, Hubei Province
- [Weifang City, Shandong Provincce] Practitioners Mr. Zhang Zunyu and Mr. Zhang Zunliang of Shandong Province's Weifang City are Illegally Abducted on June 2, 2003 by Nanking Police.
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Weifang Practitioner Mr. Chu Liwen is Unduly Taken into Custody Again after 3 Years of Illegal Forced Labor
- [Suchuan Province] Telephone Numbers of Brainwashing Departmens in Suchuan Province
- [Daqing City, Heilongjian Province] Daqing City Authority Forces All Enterprises Under Them to Install "HNC Message Intelligent Filter" in Computers So As to Block Out Internet Messages.
1. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] A Senior Citizen in Hubei Province Dies After Being Unjustly Psychologically Coerced to Renounce his Belief
Mr. Xia Wenfang of Shouyi Road, Wuhan City, had been a retiree from the Wuchang Railroad Station. In 1992, he suffered partial body paralysis due to a stroke. In 1993, after hearing about the Falun Gong class given by Teacher Li at Guangzhou, Mr. Xia's two sons carried him to the 9-Day Lectures there. After the Lectures, Mr. Xia miraculously recovered and got recovered from his paralysis. Then going back home, Mr. Xia would wake up at 4 AM to join the early morning group Falun Gong exercises. He also opened his home to the public as the gathering place for nightly Fa-study.
After July 20, 1999, the local Secretary General of the Neighborhood Committee (Mr. Xiong LiangZhen), Director (Mr. Yang), and Household Registry (Mr. Shu Chuanli) went to harass and threaten Mr. Xia almost every day. This was under orders of the Secretary General of the Streets Office, Mr. Fan Liangqian, and Deputy Director of the Police Station, Mr. Zhou Hekuan, Under intense psychological pressure, Mr. Xia was coerced into giving up his practice of Falun Gong. Soon after, his body relapsed into paralysis and Mr. Xia became bed-ridden again. When visited by fellow practitioners, Mr. Xia tearfully regretted with giving up his practice of Falun Gong. Finally Mr. Xia passed away on October 16, 2002 as a result of being unjustly psychologically pressured to renounce his belief..
Ms. Liu Xuemin of Heilongjiang Province's Jixi City Zhangxinkuang district, age 34, was illegally detained at the No. 2 Jail and is suffering under the Jiang Regime's persecution. Someone tipped off the police about her posting Dafa truth clarification signs at the Zhuangxinkuang farm. She was forced to leave her child alone at home without supervision.
On the morning of September 27, 2003, Xinbin County Public Security Bureau held a business meeting to reveal the news that Wushun city's Political Administrative Committee was going to hold a Brainwashing Conversion Conference at Hongsheng village. No details were given.
It was said that Jiang went to Hunan Province in early September in the name of participating cerebration of 50th anniversary of the National Defense Science and Technology College. Actually, he was there to command setting up a brainwashing center for detained Falun Gong practitioners referred to by the government authorities as the "Caring School." We recommend that all Hunan practitioners jointly send out righteous thoughts to abolish Jiang and his associates' plot for establishing brainwashing schools.
Practitioner Ms. Guo Aihua at age 30 something is a resident of Xinhe town, Hanchuan city, Hubei province. In 2001, she was deceived by the Xinhe police station to an interview and then was detained at Xinhe No. 2 Jail. During Ms. Guo's illegal detention, the collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] enticed her husband and convicts to brutally beat her up. After her release from jail, Ms. Guo firmly followed her cultivation practice of Falun Gong. She also went to the police station and the town office, on numerous occasions, demanding return of the money extorted from her family. Consequently the local "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.] head Mr. Yan Jialin and the station police sent Ms. Guo to the Xiaogan mental hospital. They tortured her to near death. Then in a hurry the hospital sent Ms. Guo home, while putting her on oxygen to avoid responsibility.
Hebei Province's Shijiazhuang Daily Newspaper published an article that defamed Falun Dafa article on the front page's lower left corner, entitled "Mr. Liang Yening Talks about His Conversion. This article by "Cheng Juan and Liu Changjian" was full of fabricated lies. The responsible editor was Mr. Jin Aimin and the page editor was Ms. Zhang Shufin.
Newspaper Address: No. 313, Zhongshan East Road, Shijiazhuang City, China
Editing Center Telephone: 86-311-8629119 Society News Department Telephone: 86-311-8629110
This jail illegally hands over detained practitioners into the custody of convicts who primarily committed violent crimes and were serving life sentences or were on death row. The convicts were eager to get their sentence reduced by achieving rewards for their success in helping to force Falun Dafa practitioners write and sign so-called Guarantee Letters. So they utilized all cruel means to persecute the practitioners, such denying sleep or going to the toilet, extreme forced labor, brutal beating, physical punishments blind-folding while being beaten by a group, hanging a water bucket on the hands, mental torture, etc. The jail tried to cover up the atrocities and prevent the facts from being known on the outside by forbidding conversation between the detained practitioners or between any practitioner and other detainees. Practitioners were not permitted any visits from their family members or to receive phone calls.
Because of his firm belief in Falun Dafa, Mr. Chu was persecuted many times. During his more than 3 years of forced labor, he upheld his belief the Falun Dafa principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance. Not long after his release, Mr. Chu was illegally taken away again by Changyi "610 Office" head, Mr. Chen Xiaodong, and associates.
Jiangbei Brainwashing Department Telephone: 86-23-67911986
Brainwashing Department Head Office Telephone: 86-23-62806269
South Shore Brainwashing Department Telephone: 86-23-62806269
Director of Brainwashing Departments: Mr. Huang, 86-23-62807100