(Clearwisdom.net, September 13, 2003)

"When the evil puts its evilness to work, they act like they are terribly domineering, but when it gets to the actual results they're very weak. Of course, when the wicked humans act on the evil's behalf, as long as the Dafa disciples' righteous thoughts don't have omissions and are strong, then the wicked people will become timid and they'll even be conquered by the righteous thoughts. That's how things are." (Teaching the Fa at the Conference in Vancouver, Canada, in 2003)

At 10:00pm on July 1, 2003, a group of people broke into my yard. I shouted loudly. They hit me hard with rubber batons. My spouse and I were abducted. We sent forth a firm thought that we would absolutely not cooperate with the old forces' arrangements and would make them send us back home just as they took us away.

On that day, a total of 11 police vehicles came. The "610 Office" [an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.], Deputy Chief of the County Communist Party Committee, Director of Police Department, Townhall Police Station and other policemen totaling about 70-80 people came to my village. The armed policemen guarded all the roads in the village and threatened the villagers not to come out or they would open fire.

After they abducted us to the County Police Department, over 10 policemen dragged us out of the vehicle and brutally beat us. They stood on me, suppressing and bruising my feet. The swelling on my feet lasted for several days. My spouse had several clumps of hair pulled out. They tied us up with thin ropes cutting into our flesh. Then they sent us to the city. Later, we found out that my older son who was not a Falun Gong practitioner was also abducted the following afternoon.

The police started to interrogate us. No matter what they asked, I did not say anything. They said, "Someone said you had hosted two Fa conferences at your house last year. Your case involves several counties and is now reported to the province. Only when you write a "Repentance Statement" [In this statement the practitioner is forced to admit remorse for practicing Falun Gong, promise to give up Falun Gong, and never again associate with other practitioners or go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong.] and a "Guarantee Statement" [A statement to declare that he or she is remorseful for practicing Falun Gong and guarantees not to practice Falun Gong again, not to go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and never again associate with any Falun Dafa practitioners.], will you be released." I did not answer them and started a hunger strike to protest. They then threatened me, "We have ways to punish you even if you are on hunger strike. We have reported you to the province. If you died, we will just send you to the crematory and have your ashes sent back home. That would be it." I realized that the old forces were trying to test me with life and death and to destroy my will. I was determined not to let their plot succeed so I continued with the hunger strike.

Two days later, Director Cui talked to me. I again expressed my determination to cultivate Dafa and started to clarify the truth to him. However, he said, "I am just executing the order. I am not the decision maker." He then said I was too stubborn. I just told him that I was acting based on my conscience and it was to safeguard "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance".

After that, they never interrogated me. They just asked me to eat and drink. On the 9th day, they handcuffed my two hands and started force-feeding me. They force-fed me with rice soup, salt water and ginger powder. Those things burned my stomach and I vomited. I felt very painful as if all my inside organs were pulled out. I felt my endurance reaching the limit. The old forces' purpose was to destroy my will and make me do what they've arranged. I then recalled Teacher's article Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions,

"A Great Enlightened Being does not fear hardship. Having forged an adamantine will, and with no attachment to living or dying, He walks his path of Fa-rectification openly and nobly."

I recited it several times and I no longer felt so painful. I felt a big tribulation or hardship could not shake my determination to cultivate and I could overcome them all. After a while, the doctor came to pull out the tube and I lost consciousness.

On the 14th evening, a police chief came to ask me to eat and told me they would release me the next day. I just shook my head. On the 15th day, someone from the provincial government came to videotape me and I refused to cooperate. When they put the microphone in front of my mouth, I just shouted with all my energy, "Falun Dafa is good! Falun Dafa is good!" They stopped the videotaping.

Eventually, they ran out of tactics and send us both home. During critical moments, as long as we maintain righteous thoughts and righteous actions, all the arrangements by old forces will fail.