December 24, 2002

( Dafa practitioner Yang Wenhua, 47, was from Yanshou County, Heilongjiang Province. He was illegally detained eight times by the local police and had suffered a great deal. In April 2002, in order to avoid a kidnapping conducted by Huang Xiaoguo, head of the Qingchuan Police Station, he escaped through the window and hid in the hills nearby. His body was found on April 28. The local police should be held fully responsible for his death.

Yang Wenhua attained the Fa in 1994. He attended the Fa lecture class of Master Li in Yanji. He had been cultivating Dafa for eight years. Since Jiang's regime started persecuting Dafa, Yang Wenhua was illegally detained a total of eight times.

Yang Wenhua had lung cancer before he attained Dafa. He recovered after cultivating Dafa, and his story encouraged many people to start practicing Falun Gong.

In March 2000, Yang and his wife went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa; they were arrested and detained illegally for four days there. After they were sent back to the Yanshou County, they were detained for 15 days in the local detention center. Yang and his wife were among the first of the Yanshou County practitioners who went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. They were sent to the brainwashing classes conducted in Qingchuan commune, where they were detained for three months and put through two brainwashing classes. Subsequently, Yang Wenhua was detained twice in the local detention center. Once he got out, he continued to do Dafa work. He was arrested by the police in Bin County and suffered all kinds of torture there. Fellow practitioners spent 8,000 Yuan (the average income for an urban worker is about 500 Yuan) to rescue him. He was fined a total of 13,000 Yuan for his seven arrests, and the police confiscated property from him worth about 1,000 Yuan.

After he was released, he organized an experience-sharing conference and was arrested again by the police in Bin County. He started a hunger strike in the detention center and suffered severely from the police's abuse. He became so thin that his face became distorted. He was sent back to the Yanshou Police Department, where the police refused to accept him because of his physical condition and sent him back home. He stayed at home for just one night. The next day, when Qingchuan Police Station Head Huang Xiaoguo and other police came to arrest him, Huang Wenhua escaped into the nearby hills. Realizing Yang Wenhua had eluded the attempt to arrest him, Huang Xiaoguo was furious and viciously kicked Yang's wife down to the ground. He threatened that all of his family members, including the 1-year-old grandson, would be in trouble if he couldn't find Yang Wenhua. With no way out, Yang's whole family had to go to the hills also and hide for two days and nights. It rained hard during that time, and everyone suffered from hunger and cold.

On April 28, 2002, a local shepherd found a dead body in the mountain. Hearing the news, the local practitioners went to check and recognized it as Yang Wenhua. The director of the Yanshou Police Department, the head of the Qingchuan Police Station, the commune party secretary, the town secretary and the legal medical expert all went to the site.

This was how practitioner Yang Wenhua passed away as a result of the persecution by the police. His body was cremated the next day on orders from the police. The director of the Yanshou police department, the head of the Qingchuan police station, the commune party secretary, and the town secretary stayed to watch the whole process.

On the third day, these people came to harass Yang's family again. Yang's wife said to them, "You already hounded him to death. What more do you want?" The people from the "610 Office" answered that they were afraid that practitioners would create a disturbance. Yang's wife said, "They come to help me in these difficult times. How can you call it making trouble?" Only then did they leave. (The 610 Office is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political or judicial systems.)

On November 21, 2002, Huang Xiaoguo forcibly brought the wife of Yang Wenhua to the detention center. Li Xifu, the director of the Yangshou Police Department, tortured her until she lost consciousness. She was detained for six days. According to the prisoners in the cell, she was beaten again by the prison guards.

It is reported that the Yanshou County Police Department is going to conduct a large-scale arrest of practitioners. It is hoped that all practitioners will send forth righteous thoughts together to eliminate the evil factors in other dimensions behind the persecution.

A related article can be found in